A formerly disgruntled fan's meaningless musings (Destiny)

by grantixtechno, Thursday, April 27, 2017, 13:58 (2546 days ago)

Fist off, a disclaimer, I'm typing from my phone since my work computers want to ban this site. So sorry if this is crap.

Anyways... some of you may remember me from HBO, if you don't I don't blame you, I wasn't super super well known. I was just some kid who liked Halo. I was pretty fanatic about Halo. But... I didn't like the direction of Halo 4, and I haven't even played Halo 5. But, I was really excited about Destiny. But when it released, I'd say I was more than disappointed. We all know the problems the release version had. But, to the crux of this post, a work friend brought me back to Destiny, after I had sold my copy and forgotten about it, when Rise of Iron was released. And ever since, I've had a blast. I'm really glad I have the game a second chance. I'm really excited for Destiny 2. And I'm looking forward to participating in the community again. I really miss the days of jumping on HBO after the Halo 3 trailer released.

A formerly disgruntled fan's meaningless musings

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, April 27, 2017, 14:50 (2546 days ago) @ grantixtechno

Welcome back! I think your sentiments mirror a lot of people on here's own sentiments. Even me who thoroughly enjoyed the original game can say it's VASTLY improved with each release. Hopefully we'll see you for a raid in Destiny 2!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, April 27, 2017, 14:55 (2546 days ago) @ grantixtechno

Cool. Great to see an HBOer show back up! We've got the first Destiny 2 gameplay reveal coming up the middle of next month. We hope you'll stick around and enjoy the ride with us. :)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, April 27, 2017, 17:42 (2546 days ago) @ grantixtechno

Fist off, a disclaimer, I'm typing from my phone since my work computers want to ban this site. So sorry if this is crap.

Anyways... some of you may remember me from HBO, if you don't I don't blame you, I wasn't super super well known. I was just some kid who liked Halo. I was pretty fanatic about Halo. But... I didn't like the direction of Halo 4, and I haven't even played Halo 5. But, I was really excited about Destiny. But when it released, I'd say I was more than disappointed. We all know the problems the release version had. But, to the crux of this post, a work friend brought me back to Destiny, after I had sold my copy and forgotten about it, when Rise of Iron was released. And ever since, I've had a blast. I'm really glad I have the game a second chance. I'm really excited for Destiny 2. And I'm looking forward to participating in the community again. I really miss the days of jumping on HBO after the Halo 3 trailer released.

Welcome back!

I ran across this review recently that considers Destiny as a whole. He's obviously a fan boy, and I don't agree with everything he says (I don't consider PVP broken currently), but he makes good points about what makes Destiny unique (okay, maybe some statements are a tad overblown). Anyway, your post reminded me of it.

by grantixtechno, Thursday, April 27, 2017, 17:45 (2546 days ago) @ Kermit

Yeah, I watched this yesterday when I popped up as a recommended video.

I still have my issues with Destiny, but coming back to it after such a long break made it feel fresh, and I got far many more hours of gameplay out it. Plus, the most important facet, it's given me the chance to play with friends, and have a good time.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread