DBO Raid Challenge (Destiny)

by squidnh3, Thursday, April 27, 2017, 15:21 (2526 days ago)

One of the things I've been thinking about over the past few weeks of going through the 390 raids is how quickly the Destiny community best-practices raid strategy crystalizes, and how some of that strategy is so dependent on quirks of geometry and timing that may or may not have been built into the encounter.

Specifically, one thing that led me to this train of though was thinking about how different the Crota encounter would be if the ledges on either side weren't there, and it wasn't easy to get up to his platform.

This led to an even more interesting idea. What if there was a weekly DBO raid challenge? An alternate way of completing a raid encounter would be proposed, and various groups would attempt to complete it. The winning group would then propose a challenge for an encounter of the featured raid of the following week. Ideally the challenges would be simple instructions, yet require a rethought strategy, similar to the Bungie challenge modes.

So, I propose a challenge for the Crota encounter this week. Defeat Crota by downing him only when he is at the left or right platforms, not at the center Post if you are interested in participating (at the very least it would be cool to get an Xbox vs. PS4 thing going).

DBO Raid Challenge

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, April 27, 2017, 15:31 (2526 days ago) @ squidnh3

So, I propose a challenge for the Crota encounter this week. Defeat Crota by downing him only when he is at the left or right platforms, not at the center Post if you are interested in participating (at the very least it would be cool to get an Xbox vs. PS4 thing going).

I'm always surprised by how differently Xbox and PS4 players raid.

If I'm doing the wrong thing, it might be because I'm doing it the way the other platform does it. That's my story.

I'll up your challenge

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, April 27, 2017, 16:28 (2526 days ago) @ squidnh3

I think we need to see if Nico can stay alive during an encounter ;)

I'll up your challenge

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, April 27, 2017, 16:30 (2526 days ago) @ unoudid

I think we need to see if Nico can stay alive during an encounter ;)

I thought that is how you finished encounters?

Apparently Nico can rub this raid in our faces

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, April 27, 2017, 18:00 (2526 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Apparently Nico can rub this raid in our faces

by nico, Thursday, April 27, 2017, 19:49 (2526 days ago) @ unoudid

I probably just came in for one encounter in that raid...

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread