Dancing speeds up Control point capture? Huh? (Destiny)

by DEEP_NNN, Friday, May 05, 2017, 14:00 (2547 days ago)

Where in the world did this idea come from?

I didn'/don't believe it so I ran several tests in a private match. All results came within hundredths of a second. No reasonable difference could be found between dancing, optional dancing and not dancing.

I even heard the Warlock's Circle Glide was the glitchy one but nope, no difference found.

So what have you heard and is there a sure fire speed up method that you've heard of? Not counting multiple team members on the control point that is.

Dancing speeds up Control point capture? Huh?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, May 05, 2017, 14:02 (2547 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

Where in the world did this idea come from?

I didn'/don't believe it so I ran several tests in a private match. All results came within hundredths of a second. No reasonable difference could be found between dancing, optional dancing and not dancing.

I even heard the Warlock's Circle Glide was the glitchy one but nope, no difference found.

So what have you heard and is there a sure fire speed up method that you've heard of? Not counting multiple team members on the control point that is.

I've never heard anyone claim this... is this a thing people actually believe?

by DEEP_NNN, Friday, May 05, 2017, 14:13 (2547 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I've never heard anyone claim this... is this a thing people actually believe?

It really is. Quite a few actually. These little myths keep springing up from nowhere. Like dancing speeds up super recharging. I timed that one too and found it to be false.

It SEEMS like it's faster

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, May 05, 2017, 14:29 (2547 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

...because it's slightly less boring than just standing there. Anytime I play another game that requires me to stand in place for a few seconds I instinctively try to dance and when I can't, it feels like I'm just standing there...doing nothing...forever.

-Disciple

Slight utility

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, May 06, 2017, 09:26 (2547 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

...because it's slightly less boring than just standing there. Anytime I play another game that requires me to stand in place for a few seconds I instinctively try to dance and when I can't, it feels like I'm just standing there...doing nothing...forever.

Heh, me too. The other reason I dance while capturing is that on many maps, it provides a better field of view to keep an eye out for enemy movement.

But yeah, the "dancing makes it faster" joke has been around since before the game shipped. Someone at Bungie (can't remember who) was constantly trying to convince people during the Beta just to be silly.

Slight utility

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, May 08, 2017, 13:44 (2544 days ago) @ Beorn

Heh, me too. The other reason I dance while capturing is that on many maps, it provides a better field of view to keep an eye out for enemy movement.

Never thought of that, O wise one!

I've claimed this as what I thought was an obvious joke.

by Funkmon @, Friday, May 05, 2017, 16:16 (2547 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

- No text -

So! You're to blame! ;)

by DEEP_NNN, Friday, May 05, 2017, 16:44 (2547 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, May 05, 2017, 14:26 (2547 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

I remember watching EvilOtto streaming the Alpha, and he made a joking reference to this exact thing.

by DEEP_NNN, Friday, May 05, 2017, 14:28 (2547 days ago) @ CyberKN

I wonder if that video still exists? It could be a source of the myth.

I want to believe.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, May 05, 2017, 18:26 (2547 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

- No text -

I like to joke about "the capture dance"

by Kahzgul, Saturday, May 06, 2017, 05:37 (2547 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

But that's because I'm bored and know no one will attack me. It definitely doesn't affect the speed of the capture.

New mode: Dance Party

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, May 06, 2017, 15:53 (2546 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

Players have to dance to capture the point. No can be inside the point without dancing or it won't begin the process of capturing.

New mode: Dance Party +1

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, May 08, 2017, 13:02 (2544 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Players have to dance to capture the point. No can be inside the point without dancing or it won't begin the process of capturing.

I'm just going around upvoting things today... I think something like this would be a fun game mode for a "festive" iron banner or something like that...

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread