New Des2ny Emblems (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 15:02 (2541 days ago)

Probably nothing news worthy. But there are some new hats for D2 on the gamestop website. These have the new class emblems shown that are also starting to show up in other spots. kinda cool to see.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-destiny+hat,28zu0

[image]

[image]

[image]

New Des2ny Emblems

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 15:14 (2541 days ago) @ unoudid

Probably nothing news worthy. But there are some new hats for D2 on the gamestop website. These have the new class emblems shown that are also starting to show up in other spots. kinda cool to see.

[image]

[image]

[image]

Seems legit, hunters would be snakes...

New Des2ny Emblems

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 15:38 (2541 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

[image]

[image]

[image]

I so need that hunter cap in blue.

New Des2ny Emblems

by Kahzgul, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 16:07 (2541 days ago) @ bluerunner

[image]

[image]

[image]

I so need that hunter cap in blue.

Shaders don't affect hunter caps. It's a known issue, but won't be fixed unless you buy the next two expansions.

New Des2ny Emblems

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, May 11, 2017, 16:27 (2541 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

[image]

Is this a new thing? The lion emblem has been around...that griffin doesn't look familiar but the snake is new to me. (I don't much attention to "details" though.)

Hunters aren't snakes, hunters are Harpy Eagles. (srsly...look em up.)

New Des2ny Emblems

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 16:33 (2541 days ago) @ ManKitten

To each his own, but I've always hated flatbill caps.

I find these tacky.

New Des2ny Emblems

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 16:58 (2541 days ago) @ Kermit

I find these tacky.

They match perfectly with the apparel Bungie sells, then.

As cool as Destiny's visual design is, their is a distinct lack of cool, tasteful apparel that I would actually consider wearing. Everything they sell looks like it was designed for 12 year olds.

New Des2ny Emblems

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 20:11 (2541 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I find these tacky.

As cool as Destiny's visual design is, their is a distinct lack of cool, tasteful apparel that I would actually consider wearing. Everything they sell looks like it was designed for 12 year olds.

[Looks at shirt he's wearing, frowns.] I do admit I like the earlier Destiny shirts better than the newer ones, but I like their shirts generally. I'd better--I've bought a ton of them. The Old School shirts are my favorites.

New Des2ny Emblems

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 21:15 (2541 days ago) @ Kermit

I find these tacky.

[Looks at shirt he's wearing, frowns.] I do admit I like the earlier Destiny shirts better than the newer ones, but I like their shirts generally. I'd better--I've bought a ton of them. The Old School shirts are my favorites.

Sorry, that came off pretty insulting. Their older shirts were definitely a lot better. Their new stuff is just awful, in my opinion. But then again, I wear literally nothing besides black or grey t-shirts. There's no accounting for taste, I guess. I just wish they had some more subtle options.

New Des2ny Emblems

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 21:48 (2541 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I find these tacky.

Sorry, that came off pretty insulting. Their older shirts were definitely a lot better. Their new stuff is just awful, in my opinion. But then again, I wear literally nothing besides black or grey t-shirts. There's no accounting for taste, I guess. I just wish they had some more subtle options.

I was wearing the Oryx shirt a couple of weeks ago, as I got on a plane in Havana to come back to the US:

[image]

As I passed the flight attendant, he asked "Is that a Destiny shirt?" It is, isn't it? King's Fall?"

I high-fived him. ;)

New Des2ny Emblems

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 22:13 (2541 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I find these tacky.

I was wearing the Oryx shirt a couple of weeks ago, as I got on a plane in Havana to come back to the US:

[image]

As I passed the flight attendant, he asked "Is that a Destiny shirt?" It is, isn't it? King's Fall?"

I high-fived him. ;)

Same thing happened to me the other day with the pizza delivery guy. Not as exotic as on a plane in Havana, but a reminder that the player base is huge.

New Des2ny Emblems

by cheapLEY @, Friday, May 12, 2017, 00:06 (2541 days ago) @ Claude Errera

The artwork itself is extremely cool. It's just not something I'd wear. ): I'd like to just have more stuff like the original class tees. They have so many good emblems they could put on shirts in that style.

Screams "I'm a gamer"

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 17:10 (2541 days ago) @ Kermit

I find these tacky.

I'm really miss the original faction t-shirts. I love getting recognized as a fellow guardian while wearing it and having people who aren't aware of Destiny compliment the cool design.

Screams "I'm a gamer"

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 17:34 (2541 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I find these tacky.

Every cap I have ever owned.
[image]

I'm really miss the original faction t-shirts. I love getting recognized as a fellow guardian while wearing it and having people who aren't aware of Destiny compliment the cool design.

I like to wear my Häkke shirt to gun shows. I get a smile from the people who recognize the name.

Yep.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 17:55 (2541 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Elliott Gray is the man.

New Des2ny Emblems

by marmot 1333 @, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 18:26 (2541 days ago) @ Kermit

That's one fashion change that is interesting to me. I grew up in the south in the 90's and it was a big thing to have your bill curved, as in Bluerunner's diagram.

At some point in the past few years the flatbills started becoming popular and it was very confusing to me.

Obligatory Simpsons reference

Same in Detroit in the (mid-late) 90s.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 21:55 (2541 days ago) @ marmot 1333

The flat one was perceived as dated. Then it came back. I think the difference is fashion versus utility in baseball. If you watch baseball, everyone wears normal baseball caps with the curved bill. If you watch the NFL, everyone (besides the coaches) wears the flat bill when they wear the hat.

It's still more common to find baseball team caps in stores with the curved bill, but it was difficult to find a New England Patriots hat I liked when I was in Boston last summer with the curved bill. They were all elastic flat brimmed caps.

I honestly didn't know there was a difference

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, May 12, 2017, 12:54 (2540 days ago) @ Funkmon

Until this conversation, I thought they all came flat and you curved them when you bought them. As far as I could tell, the people who wore them flat also tended to wear them with the tags still on, so I thought the change in style was just people preferring to show off the "new" look. I didn't realize they were actually two different styles.

-Disciple (not a hat guy)

Not gonna lie...

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 18:28 (2541 days ago) @ Kermit

I dig em. I don't know if it's a bid to appeal to millennials or whatever, but if so, it's working!

Not gonna lie...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 19:58 (2541 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

[image]

That's you Kermit ;)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, May 12, 2017, 00:14 (2541 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

I'd never wear that ugly hat!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, May 12, 2017, 00:54 (2541 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

New Des2ny Emblems

by DMHCook, Ohio, Friday, May 12, 2017, 03:43 (2540 days ago) @ ManKitten

The trials gear currently has cats for hunters, snakes for warlocks, aaaaaaannnnd, something else for titans... can't think off the top of my head.

Either way, as a warlock, I want the snake back lol.

New Des2ny Emblems

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, May 12, 2017, 04:32 (2540 days ago) @ DMHCook

The trials gear currently has cats for hunters, snakes for warlocks, aaaaaaannnnd, something else for titans... can't think off the top of my head.

Beetle, I think.

New Des2ny Emblems

by DMHCook, Ohio, Friday, May 12, 2017, 05:17 (2540 days ago) @ CyberKN

[image]

Yep, that's it!

So, what's the Badger-analogue 4th class?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 16:09 (2541 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

Hufflepuff confirmed

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 18:23 (2541 days ago) @ CyberKN

I swear to god if there isn't a house cup that we can lose in the 11th hour because some plucky warlock overcame his fears and found the true meaning of friendship, I'm not going to buy this game.

Don't you mean Heffalump?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 18:35 (2541 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

- No text -

Is that a vulture?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 16:40 (2541 days ago) @ unoudid
edited by Pyromancy, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 16:55

Hunter:
[image]

"The sigil of the snake, said to represent the fluid lethality of a true Hunter."

Venom of Ikaheka

Titan:
[image]
Not sure - Lion rampant?

Warlock:
[image]

"Before grace, subsistence. Before nobility, survival."

Spirit of the Vulture

Please let warlocks get a falcon super

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 17:00 (2541 days ago) @ unoudid

bloodwing was my favorite thing about Borderlands 1

Please let warlocks get a falcon super

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 18:44 (2541 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

bloodwing was my favorite thing about Borderlands 1

Someone had to do it

Surely to goodness you can bend that brim?

by DEEP_NNN, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 21:57 (2541 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, May 12, 2017, 02:32 (2541 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

I was going to say... I haven't bought a baseball cap since I was a kid, but back then, most of them came flat. You had to bend them yourself.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, May 12, 2017, 11:37 (2540 days ago) @ stabbim

I was going to say... I haven't bought a baseball cap since I was a kid, but back then, most of them came flat. You had to bend them yourself.

There are different styles of baseball caps. This style is not meant to have curved bills, and the cap itself has a boxy shape, which I also dislike.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread