If you still don't have Ophidian Aspect... (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, May 12, 2017, 09:29 (2541 days ago)

Xur is selling them in the bar.

Woo!

by squidnh3, Friday, May 12, 2017, 12:15 (2541 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

If you still don't have Ophidian Aspect...

by Claude Errera @, Friday, May 12, 2017, 15:10 (2541 days ago) @ bluerunner

Xur is selling them in the bar.

This is the last non-Raid exotic I'm missing. I've been going through 3 of Coins like crazy (probably 70 a week for the past several weeks) trying to get these; only a small percentage of dropped exotics are gloves, and none of those have decrypted to Aspects. (To give you a sense of scale, I've had 4 glove engrams in the past week - all have been Ruin Wings, except for last night's, which were Shinobu's Vows. And that's a pretty high glove percentage; that was probably out of 12 or 13 total engrams. Most weeks, it's MUCH lower.)

Sort of glad that's over. :) Happy to get a chance to actually try these out!

Sorry for your loss

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, May 12, 2017, 17:36 (2541 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Like Cody not getting HawkAwesome in Y1 you too have missed this exotic's time to shine.

Sorry for your loss

by DMHCook, Ohio, Friday, May 12, 2017, 17:37 (2541 days ago) @ unoudid

It's still fairly viable though, not completely useless, but yeah you definitely missed the best time for it lol.

Sorry for your loss

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 12, 2017, 18:22 (2541 days ago) @ unoudid

Like Cody not getting HawkAwesome in Y1 you too have missed this exotic's time to shine.

Ahem.

I got it with one week left in year 1.

Sorry for your loss

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, May 12, 2017, 19:41 (2541 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Ahem.

I got it with one week left in year 1.

Technically, Uno's right. You missed the exotic's time to shine. You got a Hawkmoon, but not "HawkAwesome". It was a week before nerf #5 (that removed the Magic Bullet), and already two nerfs past its god-tier status...

Obsidians are still mostly functional, at least (they're one of those "you don't realize how useful they are until you don't have them" things, like the Cocoon perk).

Sorry for your loss

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, May 13, 2017, 04:45 (2540 days ago) @ Korny

Geez—it's really scary that Hawkmoon got nerfed down to a two-shot kill.

Shaxx must've just instantly call Mercy rule if someone even had it equipped back then...

Someone puts it on or something and then Shaxx goes "Someone has equipped Hawkmoon, Guardian. I'm calling this fight!"

Heh. You guys are ungrateful.

Sorry for your loss

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, May 13, 2017, 19:32 (2540 days ago) @ Morpheus

Geez—it's really scary that Hawkmoon got nerfed down to a two-shot kill.

Shaxx must've just instantly call Mercy rule if someone even had it equipped back then...

Someone puts it on or something and then Shaxx goes "Someone has equipped Hawkmoon, Guardian. I'm calling this fight!"

Heh. You guys are ungrateful.

Want ungrateful?

Back in Y1, there was a PS4 clan named "No Hawkmoons Ever". They exclusively ran The Last Word, which was the other ridiculously overpowered hand cannon (this was before The Thornpocalypse). It's weird that a group was founded through their hatred of a single weapon, and they made a point of it to essentially ban it among themselves, when almost a third of the playerbase couldn't even have a chance to enjoy it...

Sorry for your loss

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, May 13, 2017, 19:43 (2540 days ago) @ Korny

Back in Y1, there was a PS4 clan named "No Hawkmoons Ever". They exclusively ran The Last Word, which was the other ridiculously overpowered hand cannon (this was before The Thornpocalypse). It's weird that a group was founded through their hatred of a single weapon, and they made a point of it to essentially ban it among themselves, when almost a third of the playerbase couldn't even have a chance to enjoy it...

More than a third couldn't enjoy it. I'm sure tons of people who had a PS3 / PS4 couldn't even try it out because an invisible number counter didn't roll the right digits.

Sorry for your loss

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, May 13, 2017, 21:28 (2540 days ago) @ Korny

Ugh--Last Word. That's just as bad. XD

What changed?

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, May 13, 2017, 13:00 (2540 days ago) @ unoudid

I've been totally out of it. What changed with OA?

What changed?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, May 13, 2017, 13:53 (2540 days ago) @ Beorn

I've been totally out of it. What changed with OA?

It no longer instantly readies weapons, instead only speeding up ready (by increasing weapon handling). The real reason they did it I believe is because they also nerfed Bladedancer's Quickdraw perk.

What changed?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Saturday, May 13, 2017, 22:17 (2540 days ago) @ Xenos

That's it exactly. OA are still good though, just no longer the best option. In ultra competitive play you are now better offf using the Ram.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread