Destiny 2 reveal stream note thread. (Destiny)

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 14:53 (2506 days ago)

Holy shit. Jason jones on video.
He is describing how he has been catfishing people and going on raids as a noob.

Lance Reddick interview now. Deej is playing inside the actors studio. Lance describes his role in destiny as "Shakespearean".

he is saying he plays daily…

Dest2ny : The May 18th Gameplay Reveal! (post here)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 14:56 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

I was about to post, but then you posted. You monster. :P

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/bungie

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVC0iN_mUW0

Look, I waited a really long time…

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 14:59 (2506 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

twitch not working for me

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:07 (2506 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Twitch also not working for me. Need to subscribe?

by yakaman, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:13 (2506 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

No issues for me.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:21 (2506 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

worked fine until the last 5-10 mins then laggy as hell

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:03 (2506 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

I set the bar low and it was exceeded.

by DEEP_NNN, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:35 (2506 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

More of the same but probably better in many ways.

Clans. Boo! Don't like Clans. Might be a necessary evil though.

I couldn't quite see the point of losing your light then getting it back. They didn't show lightless game play. Only guardians with special powers just like always. So you have no light for what, an hour, then back to the same old thing?

Glad to hear them admit 50% is not good enough for Raid participation. I've been saying for quite awhile that the barriers to Raids were excluding too many people.

Patrolling sounds more interesting.

I'll keep my pre-order, for now.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 17:01 (2506 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

I couldn't quite see the point of losing your light then getting it back. They didn't show lightless game play. Only guardians with special powers just like always. So you have no light for what, an hour, then back to the same old thing?

That's kind of what I was wondering. And shouldn't we be fighting off that initial invasion with our D1 powers? It would make sense to lose what we had and find that the powers have changed a bit when we are able to reclaim them, but I don't know why we'd be starting the story with these new abilities.

-Disciple

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 17:16 (2506 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

what if its not the initial mission? Halo 3 announcement was about 1/3 of the way into the campaign.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 17:25 (2506 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

It could be that this build allows the new supers here just for the show. I don't expect the final version to be identical to what we saw.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 17:27 (2506 days ago) @ bluerunner

It could be that this build allows the new supers here just for the show. I don't expect the final version to be identical to what we saw.

probably. Ikora, Cayde and Zavala are all using old supers

...and there was a mention of regaining the light.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 17:29 (2506 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

1 hour without light, 2.5 years with it.

by DEEP_NNN, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 17:39 (2506 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

The story of no light seems like no story at all.

Will we remember the good old days without light?

Sounds busted. Kind of the same way at the beginning of D1, we go through a plethora of weapons and armour so fast we don't even remember what they were.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 18:19 (2506 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

The story of no light seems like no story at all.

Will we remember the good old days without light?

Sounds busted. Kind of the same way at the beginning of D1, we go through a plethora of weapons and armour so fast we don't even remember what they were.

I've long found this style of "progression" to be meaningless. Worse than that, I find it actually sucks fun out of the game. "Hey lets build a cool sandbox game and then make you play through the campaign without most of the sandbox at your disposal".

With a fully upgraded character and a sweet selection of top-tier weapons, Destiny's combat is up there with the very best in the industry. But playing as an un-leveled Guardian using crappy weapons is just dull, IMO.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 18:24 (2506 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I've long found this style of "progression" to be meaningless. Worse than that, I find it actually sucks fun out of the game. "Hey lets build a cool sandbox game and then make you play through the campaign without most of the sandbox at your disposal".

With a fully upgraded character and a sweet selection of top-tier weapons, Destiny's combat is up there with the very best in the industry. But playing as an un-leveled Guardian using crappy weapons is just dull, IMO.

I deleted 2 of my 3 warlocks finally and created a hunter and titan, and gave them my year 1 weapons i still had in the vault. It's fun playing through the Vanilla campaign for the first time ever on a new character with Fatebringer, the supremacy, and BTRD. unfortunately, i didn't have any armor saved for titan/hunter, so i'm progressing through blues right now (other than the exotic class items that came with TTK).

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, May 19, 2017, 01:48 (2506 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

I wouldn't read too much weight into that. It's just a way to rationalize why our characters all start with their skill trees not filled out. The REAL reason is that that's just how skill progression in RPGs works, but they come up with story-based reasons like this because otherwise it would be weird that our guardians just suddenly had no powers. No one's actually expecting a long skill-less slog at the beginning so that we "feel the harsh reality of war" or whatever. That would ruin Destiny anyway.

Also, they don't need to "show" lightless gameplay. They're "showing" some new abilities. If you want to see what it's like without those, just skip those parts of the video. ;)

"The 2 is a reminder" - Luke Smith

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:04 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

I'm 7 years old.

Luke promises sub-thread.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:07 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

Crucible rethought from first principles (Clarice).

More flexible fireteam size support.

"there will always be someone to play with"

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:08 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

They are moveing the ...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:10 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

Well we now know whats behind that DAM door.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:13 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

New Supers sub thread

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:15 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech
edited by Vortech, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:59

The door by the speaker is finally open. New Supers: TItans get to cosplay Captain america. Hunters cosplay Darth Maul. Warlocks are Uriel.

New Supers sub thread

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:04 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

Hunters cosplay Darth Maul.

How is the hunter one any different than bladedancer?

Staff not sword. But yeah. Felt very similar.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:07 (2506 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Hunters = Donatello

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:08 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

New Supers sub thread

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:05 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

Once again Hunters get the doinger on mass damage/distance supers.

Are these replacements, or in addition to...

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 17:32 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

will the old supers still exist? The vanguard are using the old supers in the cinematic, so perhaps the old supers will still be available, and these new ones are in addition to that?

That would really create a greater variety in gameplay.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 17:39 (2506 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Fist of Havoc is now a roaming super:

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 17:41 (2506 days ago) @ CyberKN

didn't catch that earlier, thanks

There is still a part of me that is thinking modability.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 18:00 (2506 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I have no reason to really think that, as it more cool idea then evidence based observation. Yet here I am. This is what I'm going on right now 'till corrected otherwise.

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Thursday, May 18, 2017, 17:57 (2506 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I'm guessing the new abilities are the only abilities. We loose our light in the beginning (and our 3 existing sub classes) and we somehow gain these new abilities to replace them. Maybe we get to keep one of the originals, since Vanilla shipped with 2. So Striker, Voidwalker, Gunslinger?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, May 19, 2017, 13:34 (2505 days ago) @ Chappy

I'm guessing the new abilities are the only abilities. We loose our light in the beginning (and our 3 existing sub classes) and we somehow gain these new abilities to replace them. Maybe we get to keep one of the originals, since Vanilla shipped with 2. So Striker, Voidwalker, Gunslinger?

Well, and also there feels like we are dropping a super for a new one
Sunsinger -> Dawnblade
Bladedancer -> Arcstrider
Defender -> Sentinel

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, May 19, 2017, 13:54 (2505 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I have to say that I will miss the bubble, but at least strikers will have an ability to totally screw me over when I try to fire rockets at a boss.

Bungie has upped their cutscene game.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:16 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

Let's hope they don't compress the shit out of them on disc

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:50 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

I meant the way it showcases personality and emotion

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:52 (2506 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

(Guess) Can we mod supers? Sword?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:17 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

Elemental primaries are back... kind of?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:19 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech
edited by Cody Miller, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:26

- No text -

I think we can call this a ViDoc?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:23 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

Gaul believes he and the red legion should have been chosen to receive the Traveler's power, not humans. Not a psychopath looking to wipe out humanity. He's looking for self-gain.

We need to recover and re-unite the Vanguard. Also, give them pep talks.

I think we can call this a ViDoc?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:24 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

Kinetic, energy, and power weapon types replace primary, special and heavy.

Game Activities sub-thread:

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:28 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech
edited by Vortech, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:33

• Campaign
  • Strikes
  • Crucible (4v4 across all game modes)
  • Raid
  • World Exploration ("adventures", "treasure maps", and "lost sectors" join patrols and live events)

Capitan America is confirmed a titan.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:26 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

Darth Maul = Hunter

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:53 (2506 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Darth Maul = Hunter

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:00 (2506 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

My need for organization and sub threads is failing. My cultural references are right on point.
http://destiny.bungie.org/forum/index.php?mode=entry&id=131805

Dark Souls = Warlock

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:03 (2506 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Praise the sun!

One question remains...

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:05 (2506 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Praise the sun!

did they remove self-rez?

One question remains...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:07 (2506 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Praise the sun!

Sounds like they will have to remove rezing period. After all, we lose our light and powers. If we CAN resurrect… well then it's Des2ny.isnotcanon.net time…

Dest2ny got all hardcore. You have one life. You die...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:10 (2506 days ago) @ Cody Miller

...the game uninstalls C:. ;P Thanks Bungie. Again.

Dest2ny got all hardcore. You have one life. You die...

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Thursday, May 18, 2017, 17:00 (2506 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I wonder if they have the rights to the old Myth code, or if they had to rewrite that function :)

That's a Myth

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Friday, May 19, 2017, 00:58 (2506 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

So the 2 is for Myth 2?

One question remains...

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:11 (2506 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Praise the sun!

Sounds like they will have to remove rezing period. After all, we lose our light and powers. If we CAN resurrect… well then it's Des2ny.isnotcanon.net time…

maybe since the ghosts are actually made from the traveler, they have enough light in them to rez.

it's obvious from the footage that we get our powers back at some point.

GOTG vol 2 Sp

perhaps we just have to learn to use our hearts

One question remains...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:12 (2506 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Praise the sun!

maybe since the ghosts are actually made from the traveler, they have enough light in them to rez.

it's obvious from the footage that we get our powers back at some point.

GOTG vol 2 Sp

perhaps we just have to learn to use our hearts

So you're saying "the light was inside us all along"? lol

LOL. This is now head cannon and I love it.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:18 (2506 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Crucible info sub-thread

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:30 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

All modes 4v4

Countdown - defend mode

All PvP is four man modes???? Wth?

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:31 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

All PvP is four man modes???? Wth?

by BigFloatyThing, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:38 (2506 days ago) @ red robber

Yeah, really not liking that part at all.

I keep expecting to hear that I misunderstood them.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:44 (2506 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

Agree, not at all happy with that

by CommandrCleavage @, USA-Midwest, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:36 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

I love this move.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 18:37 (2506 days ago) @ red robber

Basing my expectations on what we know of D1, I think the move to 4v4 is a great idea. 6v6 Crucible has always felt like a total clusterfuck to me. The maps are just too small, guardians are too powerful, power weapons and supers everywhere. It's a mess.

Trials of Osiris helped solidify my belief that 3v3 is where Destiny PvP shines. If the maps in Des2ny are similar in size to those in D1, I'm 100% fine with ditching the larger team sizes.

Now, if they were to introduce maps and game modes that were actually FUN with larger team sizes, that would be awesome. But sometimes less really is more :)

Bleah

by squidnh3, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 19:08 (2506 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Basing my expectations on what we know of D1, I think the move to 4v4 is a great idea. 6v6 Crucible has always felt like a total clusterfuck to me. The maps are just too small, guardians are too powerful, power weapons and supers everywhere. It's a mess.

I always suspected that you hated fun. Is it really too much to ask for an attempt at recreating the "ride the wave of chaos" gameplay that was Y1 Crucible?

Bleah

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 19:16 (2506 days ago) @ squidnh3

I always suspected that you hated fun.

I just don't think getting repeatedly 1-hit-killed by enemy supers and sniper rifles to be "fun" ;p

Is it really too much to ask for an attempt at recreating the "ride the wave of chaos" gameplay that was Y1 Crucible?

Nothing more than a personal opinion here, but I don't think Destiny's year 1 PvP had much that is worth recreating. It was a fairly mediocre PvP shooter compared to other modern FPS games, IMO.

Correction

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, May 19, 2017, 06:40 (2506 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Year 1 Crucible was the peak, imo.

But 3v3 (non-sweaty, with res) was still where I had the most fun, though I feel like teams of three limits your strategic options a little more than I'd like. 4 will always be the magic number for me.

Wouldn't say no to an additional 6v6 (or 8v8!!!) mode on larger maps too. Always made me sad that Bungie's solution to First Light, Bastion et al was to just kill them unceremoniously, rather than have larger game modes.

Also hi guys. Im still alive.

Correction

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, May 19, 2017, 13:19 (2506 days ago) @ someotherguy

Year 1 Crucible was the peak, imo.

But 3v3 (non-sweaty, with res) was still where I had the most fun, though I feel like teams of three limits your strategic options a little more than I'd like. 4 will always be the magic number for me.

Wouldn't say no to an additional 6v6 (or 8v8!!!) mode on larger maps too. Always made me sad that Bungie's solution to First Light, Bastion et al was to just kill them unceremoniously, rather than have larger game modes.

Also hi guys. Im still alive.

Those rare games where matchmaking lines you up with 4v4 or 5v5 are pretty good. I feel like this will be a good decision, but I'm still sad about some of it. I really enjoy playing with 5 other DBO peeps during Iron Banner. It's just fun. Sure 4 will be good too, but it become less of a party & more intimate. I'll miss the "party" atmosphere. (plus when I play Halo 3 w/ my old roommates we usually end up w/ 12 people thus 6v6 has good associations in my mind)

Bleah

by squidnh3, Friday, May 19, 2017, 22:37 (2505 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I just don't think getting repeatedly 1-hit-killed by enemy supers and sniper rifles to be "fun" ;p

I think a lot of people dwell way too much on the frustrating end of this, and don't remember how much fun it is when you get to pull off something crazy. A lot of competitive players focus way too much on 1v1 battles, and not enough on the overall flow of the game. Sure, you killed me with a super and there was nothing I could have done about it, but I'll get you and 3 of your teammates when mine comes up. Everyone has opportunities for big plays, and whoever makes the most of theirs over the course of the game usually comes out on top. I find that way more exciting than the clinical style of play that things seem to be shifting towards.

Nothing more than a personal opinion here, but I don't think Destiny's year 1 PvP had much that is worth recreating. It was a fairly mediocre PvP shooter compared to other modern FPS games, IMO.

Man, you crazy.

Bleah

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 00:56 (2502 days ago) @ squidnh3

I think a lot of people dwell way too much on the frustrating end of this, and don't remember how much fun it is when you get to pull off something crazy. A lot of competitive players focus way too much on 1v1 battles, and not enough on the overall flow of the game. Sure, you killed me with a super and there was nothing I could have done about it, but I'll get you and 3 of your teammates when mine comes up. Everyone has opportunities for big plays, and whoever makes the most of theirs over the course of the game usually comes out on top. I find that way more exciting than the clinical style of play that things seem to be shifting towards.

I do get that, and even I would admit that it is a rush when you nail 4 enemies with a fist of havoc. But the sheer numbers at play all but guarantee that those moments will happen against you far more often than in your favor.

But there's a bigger issue. The rush from a cool super multikill is great, but do you know what's waaaay better? The rush from getting a huge killstreak through superior play. And all too often in Destiny, those moments are cut short because I get hit by an enemy's super. It's the Mario Kart school of design. A form of "rubber banding" within an FPS. And I'm not totally against that idea... but it's just taken to such an extreme in Destiny. Titanfall 2 does an amazing job of giving players opportunities to turn the tides or find moments of success against a superior enemy. But they are never the show-stopping, inescapable "win" buttons of Destiny's supers.

Man, you crazy.

Maybe ;) But I also play a lot of Titanfall. That game gets so much right, it's tough for anything else to compete :)

I hate it

by Avateur @, Friday, May 19, 2017, 01:49 (2506 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

My group/clan/whatever has already been annoyed by the fact that we've been separated into mini groups unless raiding or in Crucible. Now we're cut down further? Horrible choice.

NO MORE ORBIT!!! XD

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:31 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

HZD's Cauldrons confirmed, called "Lost Sectors".

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:33 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

But they use the bunker icon. Crazy!

by Kahzgul, Friday, May 19, 2017, 22:49 (2505 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

No need for DestinyPublicEvents timer

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:33 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

4 worlds:

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:33 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

Earth
TItan
Io
Nessus

4 worlds:

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, May 18, 2017, 21:28 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

Earth
TItan
Io
Nessus

Where's my Europa? I've hoped for it for ages.

4 worlds:

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 21:29 (2506 days ago) @ dogcow

Earth
TItan
Io
Nessus

Where's my Europa? I've hoped for it for ages.

Don't the Nine or Ahamkara or something live there? They can't break those guys out just yet.

Want dis:

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 22:11 (2506 days ago) @ dogcow

[image]

Want dis:

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 22:17 (2506 days ago) @ CyberKN

Hey, Io is literally next door to Europa in orbit - so we're getting really close!

Want dis:

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, May 19, 2017, 13:15 (2506 days ago) @ CyberKN

[image]

Exactly.

4 worlds:

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 22:32 (2506 days ago) @ dogcow

"All these worlds are yours now. Except Europa. Attempt no landing there."

+1

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, May 19, 2017, 13:15 (2506 days ago) @ CougRon

- No text -

LOL

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, May 19, 2017, 13:20 (2506 days ago) @ CougRon

- No text -

in-game Clans sub thread:

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:39 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

Official clan support.

In-game rosters.

Fireteam builder tools

custom banners

Reward system that counts across the clan. Gives rewards.

"Guided Games"

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:43 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

Temporary clan allegiances for an activity. Helps fill fire teams.

Solo players get to read guild info and choose who to throw in with.

"Guided Games" = LFG

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:45 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

Claude Sighting!

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:39 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

Duncan sighting!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:58 (2506 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

Cocopjojo sighting!

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:21 (2506 days ago) @ Kermit

Does it still count if he's on the screen instead of in the audience?

Claude Sighting!

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, May 18, 2017, 18:59 (2506 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Ha!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 19:05 (2506 days ago) @ dogcow

I see it.

Also, beards!

Guided Games

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:43 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

Solo players can select clans to play end game content with.

Seems like a good solution instead of raid matchmaking.

Agreed. Sounds like a fantastic idea, really.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:44 (2506 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

It's matchmaking with a different name. Its automatized LFG.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:50 (2506 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

It's somewhere between the two.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:53 (2506 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Thursday, May 18, 2017, 17:07 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

I'm curious about the level of control - if a clan is looking for 1 more person but wants someone with experience, do they have the ability to limit what types of solo players can join? It's called "Guided", but I don't want to sherpa every raid - sometimes I just want to get it done without any wipes or explanations.

I assume that the fire team lead will still be able to punt them if you discover that they only play while blaring a Barry Manilow dub step remix at max volume.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 17:13 (2506 days ago) @ Chappy

It sounded like they choose who to bring in. So, unless people are lying about experience that should get worked out before they were brought in.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 17:28 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

It sounded like they choose who to bring in. So, unless people are lying about experience that should get worked out before they were brought in.

I would think that you could just inspect the player and see if they had completed it before you invited them. See if they had raid equipment/emblems/shaders.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Friday, May 19, 2017, 01:07 (2506 days ago) @ bluerunner

I would think that you could just inspect the player and see if they had completed it before you invited them. See if they had raid equipment/emblems/shaders.

If they're going to let you boot people that Guided Games brings in because they haven't completed the activity, then this won't help them increase the percentage of players who experience endgame content.

I wonder how this is going to work unless there's a way to select a preferred role in addition to just a clan. Even if Bungie makes a dedicated "raid noob" clan for people looking to participate in a raid who don't have their own fireteams, unless people who CAN play the content opt in to playing with the raid noob clan, either by joining it or specifying "I volunteer for sherpa" in some manner, it's hard to see how this works.

I wonder if all clans will now work the way factions did (I note there does not seem to be any mention of the old factions) and if so how that meshes with player-created clans.

Raid Matchmaking

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Friday, May 19, 2017, 01:03 (2506 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Solo players can select clans to play end game content with.

Seems like a good solution instead of raid matchmaking.

I think it *is* raid matchmaking.

I don't remember hearing the term "LFG" from them but I'm guessing that's what it actually does. You pick a "clan" that meshes with your desires and play style, and Guided Games plugs in people with matching preferences from your "clan" to fill out your fireteam.

Raid Matchmaking

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, May 19, 2017, 15:35 (2505 days ago) @ narcogen

Well, it is and it isn't. I would think of full-on raid matchmaking as being able to pull entirely random groups together, meaning you could end up in a group of 6 who all didn't know each other. And while the specifics are fuzzy to me regarding exactly how many randos can be brought in by Guided Games, I get the feeling that it's less than 5.

Soccer goal in social space!

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:46 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

"Killing themselves" = No Sleep f'r YOU!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:54 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

(I presume)

PC Version on Blizzards battlenet

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:57 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

was hoping for xbox anywhere, guess that won't be happening

Blizzard?! Battle.NET! SWEET! OVERWATCH & DEST2NY for me!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:58 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

And.... its done.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:59 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

Looks like Destiny 2: Destiny Improved

by yakaman, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:01 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

Not that that's a bad thing. It's all in the details.

Can't wait for the beta.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:03 (2506 days ago) @ yakaman

Exactly what I was thinking. UI stayed the same. The hud looks the same. They've just updated and added abilities. I think I'll like how they changed the weapon slots from primary,secondary, and heavy to Kinetic, energy, and power weapons.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:06 (2506 days ago) @ red robber

I think I'll like how they changed the weapon slots from primary,secondary, and heavy to Kinetic, energy, and power weapons.

I've always wanted to run a scout/handcannon combo. Sidearms just aren't the same.

Thoughts

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:01 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

[image]

No mention of eververse though.

Thoughts

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:05 (2506 days ago) @ Cody Miller

No mention of eververse though.

You must be so disappointed. /s

it sure is pretty :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:02 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

I'm very happy with the new weapon slot changes

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:06 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

Gotta make tough calls for power weapons now

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:08 (2506 days ago) @ Xenos

Fusion rifles are now power weapons. Gotta start them at high damage with all the nerfs they'll go through.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:08 (2506 days ago) @ Xenos

I sort of missed that... did he say there are now 2 "kinetic" slots and 1 "power" slot?

Meaning we now have 2 "primary" slots, while special and power have been merged?

Kind of...

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:09 (2506 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

1 kinetic, 1 elemental "primary" and the new heavy

Kind of...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:11 (2506 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

1 kinetic, 1 elemental "primary" and the new heavy

Hmmm... seems like a change made primarily with PvP in mind. Excited to see how it plays.

Special ammo restrictions for all.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Friday, May 19, 2017, 01:17 (2506 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

So in other words, "primary" no longer means HC/SR/AR/PR. It means no elemental damage, ever, no matter what the actual weapon type is.

All elemental weapons, regardless of type, will now be subject to special ammo restrictions.

I can imagine good and bad things about this.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 19, 2017, 01:47 (2506 days ago) @ narcogen

So in other words, "primary" no longer means HC/SR/AR/PR. It means no elemental damage, ever, no matter what the actual weapon type is.

All elemental weapons, regardless of type, will now be subject to special ammo restrictions.

From watching gameplay videos I don't think this is true. People have never run even run out of elemental ammo, I'm pretty sure ammo for kinetic and elemental weapons is plentiful and the only rare ammo at all anymore is Power ammo.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Friday, May 19, 2017, 01:56 (2506 days ago) @ Xenos

From watching gameplay videos I don't think this is true. People have never run even run out of elemental ammo, I'm pretty sure ammo for kinetic and elemental weapons is plentiful and the only rare ammo at all anymore is Power ammo.

In D1, primary ammo is basically infinite. Even if you use it all up, you only have to wait.

Special ammo has to come from a synth or be picked up, generally speaking.

Heavy ammo, if memory serves, MUST be picked up.

If "kinetic" means no elemental damage ever, which is what it means in D1, and if the "kinetic" and "energy" slots work in D2 the way the primary and secondary slots work now, it means the end of potentially infinite ammo elemental weapons.

Secondary ammo might be plentiful, but it still would mean that all elemental damage is subject to some sort of restriction, even if is not much of a restriction.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 19, 2017, 02:03 (2506 days ago) @ narcogen

If "kinetic" means no elemental damage ever, which is what it means in D1, and if the "kinetic" and "energy" slots work in D2 the way the primary and secondary slots work now, it means the end of potentially infinite ammo elemental weapons.

Right, this is the sticking point, I don't see any evidence that the kinetic and energy slots work in D2 the way the primary and secondary slots do in Destiny 1, like I said, I've watched more than an hour of gameplay videos and I've never seen a single player ever get close to running out of ammo on kinetic or elemental weapons. I think the two slots are not meant to be incredibly different on power or ammo rareness, I think they are just supposed to serve different purposes in your loadout (hence the talk about more options with this setup). I could be wrong of course, but in the build they are showing right now ammo is plentiful for everything except the power weapon slot.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, May 19, 2017, 15:53 (2505 days ago) @ Xenos

Right, this is the sticking point, I don't see any evidence that the kinetic and energy slots work in D2 the way the primary and secondary slots do in Destiny 1, like I said, I've watched more than an hour of gameplay videos and I've never seen a single player ever get close to running out of ammo on kinetic or elemental weapons. I think the two slots are not meant to be incredibly different on power or ammo rareness, I think they are just supposed to serve different purposes in your loadout (hence the talk about more options with this setup). I could be wrong of course, but in the build they are showing right now ammo is plentiful for everything except the power weapon slot.

This would make sense, since according to someone on the stream, you can use the "same weapons" in both slots. So one of the slots isn't necessarily more powerful than the other (other than burn scenarios).

My guess: All the weapons we currently think of as "primaries" (auto rifles, hand cannons, scouts, etc.) will HAVE an elemental damage type. But only if they're placed in the "elemental" slot in your loadout. If you place them in the kinetic slot, they're just kinetic. So I might have a pulse rifle that's solar. If I put that pulse rifle in my elemental slot, it does solar damage. If I put it in the kinetic slot, it's just kinetic.

What Bungie gains from this is the ability for players to HAVE an elemental damage type on a primary, which they know we like for nightfall burns and such. BUT, because we have to pick only one of our "primaries" to do so, we can still only ever have 2 elemental weapons in total (the "elemental" slot, plus the "heavy" slot, which still has an element icon on it). So Bungie no longer has to worry about the potentially unbalanced situation where a player has 3 weapons ALL doing extra burn damage on a nightfall. Which I think was why they started shying away from elemental primaries in D1.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, May 19, 2017, 15:56 (2505 days ago) @ stabbim

This would make sense, since according to someone on the stream, you can use the "same weapons" in both slots. So one of the slots isn't necessarily more powerful than the other (other than burn scenarios).

My guess: All the weapons we currently think of as "primaries" (auto rifles, hand cannons, scouts, etc.) will HAVE an elemental damage type. But only if they're placed in the "elemental" slot in your loadout. If you place them in the kinetic slot, they're just kinetic. So I might have a pulse rifle that's solar. If I put that pulse rifle in my elemental slot, it does solar damage. If I put it in the kinetic slot, it's just kinetic.

I would love for this to be true... but I highly doubt that it is what is going to happen.
One of the reason I don't think it's true, is because when you look at the actual kinetic vs elemental weapons, they actually look like what they are. Especially the handcannons.

What Bungie gains from this is the ability for players to HAVE an elemental damage type on a primary, which they know we like for nightfall burns and such. BUT, because we have to pick only one of our "primaries" to do so, we can still only ever have 2 elemental weapons in total (the "elemental" slot, plus the "heavy" slot, which still has an element icon on it). So Bungie no longer has to worry about the potentially unbalanced situation where a player has 3 weapons ALL doing extra burn damage on a nightfall. Which I think was why they started shying away from elemental primaries in D1.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 19, 2017, 16:45 (2505 days ago) @ stabbim

I think the two slots are not meant to be incredibly different on power or ammo rareness, I think they are just supposed to serve different purposes in your loadout (hence the talk about more options with this setup).

It sounds like you basically have two primary slots, with one capable of elemental damage.

But like, imagine in the crucible having a hand canon and a scout rifle in those slots… aren't you basically covered at any range? This seems like you could basically mitigate any dead zones with certain loadouts.

Why would you have two of the same weapon?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 19, 2017, 16:50 (2505 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I think the two slots are not meant to be incredibly different on power or ammo rareness, I think they are just supposed to serve different purposes in your loadout (hence the talk about more options with this setup).

It sounds like you basically have two primary slots, with one capable of elemental damage.

But like, imagine in the crucible having a hand canon and a scout rifle in those slots… aren't you basically covered at any range? This seems like you could basically mitigate any dead zones with certain loadouts.

I don't think you would. I even think that's why they introduced the SMG, a close quarters weapon that melts at close range without being an instant kill like a shotgun. With having two primary slots you cover your bases with those and your power weapon is for special scenarios or high DPS.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, May 19, 2017, 17:12 (2505 days ago) @ Xenos

I don't think you would. I even think that's why they introduced the SMG, a close quarters weapon that melts at close range without being an instant kill like a shotgun. With having two primary slots you cover your bases with those and your power weapon is for special scenarios or high DPS.

how does heavy (special,whatever) ammo work in crucible now? if it's similar to how it is now, i can't see why anyone would want to use a shotgun when there will be people with rockets.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 19, 2017, 17:34 (2505 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

how does heavy (special,whatever) ammo work in crucible now? if it's similar to how it is now, i can't see why anyone would want to use a shotgun when there will be people with rockets.

Pure speculation, but I would imagine it comes down to how much ammo they each come with. Like a rocket launcher might come with 2 rockets, but a shotgun might have 8 shells. Plus, since it doesn't drop for a whole team, just for the person that opens it, there's no guarantee you're even going to go up against anyone with power ammo.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, May 19, 2017, 17:38 (2505 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Only the person that pops the box gets the ammo now. I haven't watched enough to see the ammo ammounts, but I could see them limiting how much each heavy got individually. Two rockets versus five shotgun shells. Trade off two easy kills for more potential kills with the shotgun.

by Harmanimus @, Friday, May 19, 2017, 18:55 (2505 days ago) @ bluerunner

From what I have seen, I think it was 1 Rocket and 6 Shotgun shells.

Albeit, there is probably an ammo stat that influences that. And I may be misremembering.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, May 19, 2017, 22:52 (2505 days ago) @ Harmanimus

From what I have seen, I think it was 1 Rocket and 6 Shotgun shells.

Albeit, there is probably an ammo stat that influences that. And I may be misremembering.

From another video I saw today, this was accurate.

Also, it seems like the blast-radius of rockets has been significantly toned down.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, May 19, 2017, 17:41 (2505 days ago) @ Cody Miller

My hunter will be rocking two hand cannons, Josey Wales style.
[image]

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:10 (2506 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Kinetic, energy, and power weapon types replace primary, special and heavy

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:11 (2506 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I sort of missed that... did he say there are now 2 "kinetic" slots and 1 "power" slot?

Meaning we now have 2 "primary" slots, while special and power have been merged?

It's Kinetic, Energy, and Power. Energy looks like it's just an elemental primary slot, though.

-Disciple

New tidbit of data.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, May 19, 2017, 02:30 (2506 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

The Power slot effects shields and does extra damage to guardians with their super charged.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 17:40 (2506 days ago) @ Xenos

Glad they kind of listened to me: 110912

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, May 18, 2017, 21:34 (2506 days ago) @ BeardFade

Glad they kind of listened to me: 110912

It addresses my concerns with your suggestion: 110920

I think this would seriously diminish any desire to use short-range primaries. Why would I choose a Hand Cannon or Auto Rifle when everyone, including me, has a side arm?

Have 2 primaries instead! :D

So if I'm understanding correctly...

by Oholiab @, Friday, May 19, 2017, 18:12 (2505 days ago) @ Xenos

I could have a Hand Cannon in TWO slots??

I'm sold. (:

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, May 19, 2017, 18:46 (2505 days ago) @ Oholiab

I could have a Hand Cannon in TWO slots??

I'm sold. (:

[image]

by Harmanimus @, Friday, May 19, 2017, 18:50 (2505 days ago) @ Oholiab

One of he clips during the presentation showed exactly that. They fired a Hc and then swapped to a HC. Don't remember which one it was in, though.

by Oholiab @, Friday, May 19, 2017, 19:02 (2505 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Ah! Thanks! I thought I saw that, but I couldn't tell if one was a sidearm.

Any one else get a E3 Halo 2 vibe?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:07 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

No

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:09 (2506 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Halo 2 at E3 was jaw dropping inspiring, with music that I can remember note for note even today.

This was a good show, but can you hum any of the music during this presentation. No? That's what you get when Marty leaves.

This was a sales pitch and felt like it. Bungie's old trailers were too, but felt like art.

Alright.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:15 (2506 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Halo 2 at E3 was jaw dropping inspiring, with music that I can remember note for note even today.

This was a good show, but can you hum any of the music during this presentation. No? That's what you get when Marty leaves.

This was a sales pitch and felt like it. Bungie's old trailers were too, but felt like art.

Granted. Yet I can't help but feel I've seen home destroyed before.

No

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:17 (2506 days ago) @ Cody Miller

are you claiming that you could hum the Halo 2 E3 demo music note for note after watching it 1 time? You can hum it note for note, b/c you've watched it dozens or hundreds of times.

No

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:19 (2506 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Don't​ waste your time trying to use logic. He's always blinded by nostalgia.

Nah he's kind of right.

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 17:00 (2506 days ago) @ Revenant1988

It was essentially a sales pitch.

Halo 2's E3 appearance already had a massive amount of people on the bandwagon, with little to no doubt that the sequel would be great.

Destiny 2's stream today has a great following, but there's a good amount of doubt on if Destiny 2 can deliver in the areas needed most like with the Story.

Lol

by Avateur @, Friday, May 19, 2017, 01:59 (2506 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

No

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 17:18 (2506 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

are you claiming that you could hum the Halo 2 E3 demo music note for note after watching it 1 time?

Yes. And even if I watched this reveal 50 times I still would not have a melody stuck in my head.

No

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, May 19, 2017, 03:07 (2506 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

are you claiming that you could hum the Halo 2 E3 demo music note for note after watching it 1 time? You can hum it note for note, b/c you've watched it dozens or hundreds of times.

I'll claim it for him. H2E32k3 changed. My. Life. Before Halo 2 was announced, I had no idea what E3 even was, nor did I care. I was completely foreign to the idea of feeling excitement for a video game before it was released. I knew what Hyper was(I am ADHD after all) but I had never learned of hype. All of that changed in the summer.

I had a Dial-Up connection back then. It took Seven. Teen. Hours.

It was worth every agonizing second. I had never been so enraptured by a video game since playing Sonic Adventure. The shock that went through my eyes when MC picked up two weapons at once--the absolute qirlish squeal I let out when he jumped on a Ghost and kicked a Brute right off the damn seat, and the rush of seeing(and hearing!) all those swords activating at once! I can still remember screaming and weeping with thrilled joy, because even to this day, I have to hold myself back now.

I definitely could(and did) hum or sing the songs of H2E32k3 after one viewing. After dozens or hundreds, at this point I'm willing to bet I can play them! And I haven't touched an instrument in years!

H2E32k3 might've been a bad example, but there are some beautiful things that just stick with you forever.

I got much more of an ODST vibe from the gameplay.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:45 (2506 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

I didn't, but I can see why you say that.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:48 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

Yes, strongly.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:51 (2506 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

The sound of the very first gun sounds like Halo 2 SMG

by Kahzgul, Friday, May 19, 2017, 22:49 (2505 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

It sounded super similar to me. Not much of the gameplay reminded me of Halo 2, but that specific sound really, really did.

My biggest still unanswered question...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:11 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

Cross platform saves?

Same

by marmot 1333 @, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:11 (2506 days ago) @ bluerunner

That would make me really happy.

Yea. I'll +1 that. Could we get Wu to ask?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:12 (2506 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

My biggest still unanswered question...

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:18 (2506 days ago) @ bluerunner

No.

Probably.

Shhh shhh shh-you. THIS IS A DAY FOR DREAMS! D:

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:20 (2506 days ago) @ Revenant1988

:P

only reason i haven't preordered

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:20 (2506 days ago) @ bluerunner

Cross platform saves?

i don't know if i want Xbox or PC. was really hoping there would be a deal with microsoft allowing cross-saves

They didn't mention platform dependant specifications either

by DEEP_NNN, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:25 (2506 days ago) @ bluerunner

I suppose most of that will come at E3.

Except the things they don't want you to complain about.

Probably becuse they don't know yet. Too fluid in Dev.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:39 (2506 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

- No text -

How?

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Friday, May 19, 2017, 01:29 (2506 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Launch date is Sept 8.

That means going gold by around July 8, with the beta either just before or just after that.

That is *less than two months from now*.

If they don't have specs nailed down by now...

How?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, May 19, 2017, 02:39 (2506 days ago) @ narcogen

Launch date is Sept 8.

That means going gold by around July 8, with the beta either just before or just after that.

That is *less than two months from now*.

If they don't have specs nailed down by now...

It is very possible they have a good idea already what it will be, and what it is that they are aiming for hardware wise. Moving parts makes things risky to declare, and when games are made there is always some variable moving. Only when things slow down, and the leads lock down the revision control system to lead permissions, will it be safer to say anything in public.

As far as I know.

If they REALLY want more people to play together...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:29 (2506 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Pretty much the only rumor that wasn't confirmed as true...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 19:12 (2506 days ago) @ bluerunner

Cross platform saves?

Every other crazy one (shield-wielding Titans! Battlenet!) all turned out to be true. The only one that wasn't addressed was the PS4/PC cross-saves (supposedly Microsoft wouldn't support it, and I'm guessing Battlenet might be a big reason for it).

Thought it looked great on every level.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:34 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

Within just the first cutscene with Zvala, we got cool insights into the constant deaths of being a Guardian and the rise of the Last City. Worldbuilding!

In the first mission we got exciting cinematics that propel you into the foray like a great Halo cutscene would do. The environment was alive and dynamic and told its own story with just the design (like seeing the enemy droppods land early on, then seeing them getting launched from the flagship later).

The art direction looked great as usual. I loved the Traveller-grappler ship. All the locales look like great places to explore.

The growth of Patrols, with characters to meet and Lost Sectors to find is right up my alley!

Dividing the story between the Vanguards and tying a planet to each sounds like a great way to keep each section of the campaign focused.

And most exciting of all: A TANK!

I call it. It's mine. Get away from it!

I want you to draw your thoughts. For science.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:41 (2506 days ago) @ Leviathan

It's been far to on since you posted a drawing. Just say'n.

Oh I am.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:47 (2506 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

It's just that my thoughts are all wrapped up in my own projects at the moment. :)

I would love to draw more Destiny (I've had a Destiny Dreams idea where I illustrate a design document for one of the unexplored planets as a fun concepting exercise) but I just dont have the time like I used to!

Didn't say polished! Grab a napken & some lipstick dang it!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:49 (2506 days ago) @ Leviathan

- No text -

Agreed!!

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, May 18, 2017, 22:41 (2506 days ago) @ Leviathan

Everything shown looked awesome!!

Blackstar has potentially ruined clan raids for me.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:40 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

He mentioned it sounds like a bunch of people in sheets on horseback going to ruin some family's day.

I'm curious how brand new guardians will work

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:42 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

Will a brand new guardian have a different intro mission that takes them to the tower right before it falls?

Lore-wise, a brand new, just-rez'd-for-the-first-time-guardian, would have no attachment to the events occurring before their eyes, and would not understand the severity of the light being taken away.

I bet it's In medias res for them.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:47 (2506 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

Destiny 1: Episode 2

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:50 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

Where's the beef?

So, is it time to give up Xbox and PlayStation?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:52 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

Unite the clans?

On the same note... Anyone here want to buy me a PC. ;_;

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:57 (2506 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Otherwise it'll be Xbox for the foreseeable future.

For reference

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 16:57 (2506 days ago) @ Revenant1988

To give you a rough idea of performance, the rig that Bungie was running during the gameplay reveal livestream was an i7-7700K 4.2GHz with 16GB of RAM and a GTX 1080Ti graphics card.

http://www.glixel.com/news/bungie-embraces-pc-with-destiny-2-w483017

I recently bought a $1500 PC, and it's significantly less powerful than this.

I generally find PC games run way too inconsistent for my tastes. I'd rather have a game run at a rock-solid 30fps then constantly shift between 40-60.

For reference

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 17:09 (2506 days ago) @ CyberKN

To give you a rough idea of performance, the rig that Bungie was running during the gameplay reveal livestream was an i7-7700K 4.2GHz with 16GB of RAM and a GTX 1080Ti graphics card.

I generally find PC games run way too inconsistent for my tastes. I'd rather have a game run at a rock-solid 30fps then constantly shift between 40-60.

Ah I don't give a shit about frame rates or that junk. I just want to play with all the HBO Reach crew again. I admit it.

For reference

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 17:21 (2506 days ago) @ CyberKN

Then run on high instead of ultra and you will be fine. There's virtually no difference these days. Even medium looks very very similar to high.

For reference

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 17:25 (2506 days ago) @ CyberKN

you don't have to play everything on Ultra settings. My laptop has an i7 and GTX 960 with 16 GB RAM, and it runs Forza Horizons and Gears of War 4 just fine. I just use the "recommended" settings for my setup, and it looks better than the XBONE.

PC Stuffs.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 19:07 (2506 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Destiny 2 PC

• 4k Resolution Support (3820x2160)
  • Uncapped framerate
  • Full mouse and keyboard support with custom key mapping
  • Text chat
  • Adjustable Field of View
  • Detailed PC settings screen
  • 21:9 monitor support

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/6by3fg/bungie_embraces_pc_with_destiny_2_4k_resolution/

Any thoughts on when beta might be?

by yakaman, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 17:47 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

$10 says we find out at E3, during the Sony Press Conference

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 17:51 (2506 days ago) @ yakaman

- No text -

7/7?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 17:51 (2506 days ago) @ yakaman

- No text -

Far too late. My thoughts are on late June - early July.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 17:56 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

Far too late. My thoughts are on late June - early July.

by EffortlessFury @, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 19:15 (2506 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

They did say summer. 7/7 is only a few weeks in.

Oh. Right. ._.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 19:39 (2506 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

I just realized that my brain went 7 = August. Woops.

Oh. Right. ._.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, May 18, 2017, 21:42 (2506 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I expect August... I need August if I'm going to complete my Age of Triumph! :)

After 8/1 makes sense.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Friday, May 19, 2017, 01:30 (2506 days ago) @ dogcow

I expect August... I need August if I'm going to complete my Age of Triumph! :)

Actually it would sort of make sense if the beta started shortly after the AoT deadline, so that there'd be no reason for people who could be playing the beta (and thus have preordered D2) to prefer to stick with D1 any longer.

That opening Zavala video...

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 17:51 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

...gave me more buy-in to protecting the city than anything in Destiny 1. There were some pretty good moments in the DLC, but I never felt connected to the world. Seeing just the tiniest bit of his backstory gave me a reason to join the fight- something I felt like I needed to conjure on my own previously.

D1, while beautiful, was fairly lifeless and I'm also really glad to see NPCs we can fight alongside now. I think that will give more life to the storytelling than the radio chatter did. It sounded like we would encounter NCPs on patrol as well. I cannot tell you how much I think that will change the feeling of that mode.

I'm hoping that D2 has more hooks like this. Overall I'm pretty optimistic now.Good show Bungie.

Agree on all counts. Also, Chickens...

by Oholiab @, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 18:15 (2506 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

My Guardians and I miss you! We've not had much time to play, so maybe our clans are just missing one another. Let's game again soon!

Agree on all counts. Also, Chickens...

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 18:48 (2506 days ago) @ Oholiab

My Guardians and I miss you! We've not had much time to play, so maybe our clans are just missing one another. Let's game again soon!

We've missed you too. Honestly, Heather and I haven't logged into Destiny much lately but I'm totally happy to join in when summoned. I'd love to play again and Rellekh needs to start filling out her book...

by Kahzgul, Saturday, May 20, 2017, 00:23 (2505 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

...gave me more buy-in to protecting the city than anything in Destiny 1. There were some pretty good moments in the DLC, but I never felt connected to the world. Seeing just the tiniest bit of his backstory gave me a reason to join the fight- something I felt like I needed to conjure on my own previously.

D1, while beautiful, was fairly lifeless and I'm also really glad to see NPCs we can fight alongside now. I think that will give more life to the storytelling than the radio chatter did. It sounded like we would encounter NCPs on patrol as well. I cannot tell you how much I think that will change the feeling of that mode.

I'm hoping that D2 has more hooks like this. Overall I'm pretty optimistic now.Good show Bungie.

You are completely right. There's more characterization and drama in that FMV than in all of D1's original launch, imo.

It also made him feel somewhat tragic. Seeing the revives like that was waaaay more powerful than the "all's well" type of revive in the actual game.

By the way, I laughed at how they kept bragging that D2 had more cinematics than any previous "destiny" release. So that's... 5? I mean, way to set a low bar, guys. What they did show us looked friggin awesome though.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, May 20, 2017, 00:47 (2505 days ago) @ Kahzgul

You are completely right. There's more characterization and drama in that FMV than in all of D1's original launch, imo.

It also made him feel somewhat tragic. Seeing the revives like that was waaaay more powerful than the "all's well" type of revive in the actual game.

Heh. I thought it was tragic each and every time one of my Guardians fell. :p

By the way, I laughed at how they kept bragging that D2 had more cinematics than any previous "destiny" release. So that's... 5? I mean, way to set a low bar, guys. What they did show us looked friggin awesome though.

Yep. Had that same thought.

I need a Cayde detox, lol

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 18:55 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

I just watched the intro cutscene and the gameplay trailer for a 2nd time, and I literally cringed every single time Cayde said anything. Which is strange, because I've replayed a bunch of the TTK story missions and strikes in recent weeks, and he didn't bother me at all there. But with D2's marketing, they're clearly leaning on Cayde as "Mr comic relief", and I find it so lame that I get pulled out of what I'm watching every time I see him. This is just my own personal annoyance to get over, but it made me think about the characters of Destiny in a greater sense. And I think, for me, the fact that we're returning to the characters of D1 hurts D2 more than it helps.

I think the cutscenes we've seen so far look really cool! Great setup for a new game, exciting, climactic battle to kick things off. I thought the little intro story featuring Zavala was good... exactly the kind of thing we needed in D1. I only have 1 problem with it, and that's Zavala. I don't like him. Or Ikora, or Cayde, or Amanda... all the characters from D1 are just paper-cutouts in my mind. Skin-deep caricatures. The idea of spending more time with these characters is a turn off for me.

I found myself wishing I was watching a cast of new characters in these cutscenes. I would have no preexisting attachment to new characters, but in the case of Destiny's cast, D2 is actually starting at a negative. I hope Bungie will be able to add enough value to these characters that they can overcome their weak introductions in D1. It is certainly possible. I just don't know how likely it is.

Hah! :)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 22:00 (2506 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I literally thought while watching it "I bet Cruel is happy they put Cayde back in his place," so I'm a bit surprised he still turned you off! :)

I thought the previous announcement trailers were exciting and comedic but understood the concerns around them. Today though, I thought the cinematics hit the balance of mood and fun just right for a game like Destiny. In fact, I thought it revealed a premise to the campaign that was eerily similar to what some of those who disliked the teaser wanted instead.

With all the backstory and history I saw in just these cutscenes, plus NPCs (!) included in the missions, I feel like they are really heading in the right direction!

...But I will admit I cringed at one of Cayde's lines - that is, when the Activision dude repeated them! :D

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, May 19, 2017, 14:30 (2505 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I just watched the intro cutscene and the gameplay trailer for a 2nd time, and I literally cringed every single time Cayde said anything. Which is strange, because I've replayed a bunch of the TTK story missions and strikes in recent weeks, and he didn't bother me at all there. But with D2's marketing, they're clearly leaning on Cayde as "Mr comic relief", and I find it so lame that I get pulled out of what I'm watching every time I see him. This is just my own personal annoyance to get over, but it made me think about the characters of Destiny in a greater sense. And I think, for me, the fact that we're returning to the characters of D1 hurts D2 more than it helps.

I think the cutscenes we've seen so far look really cool! Great setup for a new game, exciting, climactic battle to kick things off. I thought the little intro story featuring Zavala was good... exactly the kind of thing we needed in D1. I only have 1 problem with it, and that's Zavala. I don't like him. Or Ikora, or Cayde, or Amanda... all the characters from D1 are just paper-cutouts in my mind. Skin-deep caricatures. The idea of spending more time with these characters is a turn off for me.

I found myself wishing I was watching a cast of new characters in these cutscenes. I would have no preexisting attachment to new characters, but in the case of Destiny's cast, D2 is actually starting at a negative.

I hope Bungie will be able to add enough value to these characters that they can overcome their weak introductions in D1. It is certainly possible. I just don't know how likely it is.

I find it funny that you would say this because you just said "all the characters from D1 are just paper-cutouts in my mind" So what is there to overcome? I literally knew nothing about Zavala before now. I just got an introduction to a guy that all I knew about him was that he was blue and a leader. Same goes for Ikora, I know nothing about her. I actually know a little bit about Cayde, but not much. I would be delighted to get more story on them and it would have to bypass any negative stuff other than "they don't have a story"

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, May 20, 2017, 18:16 (2504 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I found myself wishing I was watching a cast of new characters in these cutscenes. I would have no preexisting attachment to new characters, but in the case of Destiny's cast, D2 is actually starting at a negative.

I hope Bungie will be able to add enough value to these characters that they can overcome their weak introductions in D1. It is certainly possible. I just don't know how likely it is.

I find it funny that you would say this because you just said "all the characters from D1 are just paper-cutouts in my mind" So what is there to overcome? I literally knew nothing about Zavala before now. I just got an introduction to a guy that all I knew about him was that he was blue and a leader. Same goes for Ikora, I know nothing about her. I actually know a little bit about Cayde, but not much. I would be delighted to get more story on them and it would have to bypass any negative stuff other than "they don't have a story"

That's a totally fair point, and if the storytelling in Des2ny is strong enough I very well might come to the end of the game really loving these characters it's totally possible.

I think the place I'm coming from now is that starting fresh with new characters would be starting from "neutral". But the handling of the characters in Destiny 1 has pushed them into negative territory in my mind. I see Zavala and I just roll my eyes, because my brain already identifies him as a lame character... this is how I react to every character in Destiny. I'm already biased against them all. None of this is a big deal for me at all, because my expectations for Destiny have shifted a lot over the past 3 years. I don't play Destiny to experience a good story. I'm just wondering out loud: would a new cast of characters help me jump into Des2ny without bringing as much baggage from D1 with me. I suspect the answer is "yes". But it doesn't really matter.

I need a detox, lol

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, May 20, 2017, 20:48 (2504 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

You're not mad at the characters, you're mad at Bungie for letting you down. Now, it sounds like you're going out of your way to set yourself up for disappointment. Starting characters that were merely underutilized at a negative? You really do need a detox. :(

And yes, there's a difference between being mad at a studio and being mad at a character. You can easily be mad at both. I certainly am mad at 343 over both Halo 4's overall crappiness and the complete flip flopping idiocy that was the Halo 4 Didact. But you can also be just mad at a character. For instance, I thought Halo 3 was awesome but Halo 3's Prophet of Truth was a stupid turn from what appeared to be a devious, intelligent villain to a naive religious nut.

I'd advise you to not pin unrealistic expectations on Destiny 2. Enjoy it for what it will be. Don't ask it to be good and then demand it to also overcome your anger or disappointment or grudge or whatever this is that you have lingering from Destiny 1.

I need a detox, lol

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 00:46 (2502 days ago) @ Ragashingo

You're not mad at the characters, you're mad at Bungie for letting you down. Now, it sounds like you're going out of your way to set yourself up for disappointment. Starting characters that were merely underutilized at a negative? You really do need a detox. :(

And yes, there's a difference between being mad at a studio and being mad at a character. You can easily be mad at both. I certainly am mad at 343 over both Halo 4's overall crappiness and the complete flip flopping idiocy that was the Halo 4 Didact. But you can also be just mad at a character. For instance, I thought Halo 3 was awesome but Halo 3's Prophet of Truth was a stupid turn from what appeared to be a devious, intelligent villain to a naive religious nut.

I'd advise you to not pin unrealistic expectations on Destiny 2. Enjoy it for what it will be. Don't ask it to be good and then demand it to also overcome your anger or disappointment or grudge or whatever this is that you have lingering from Destiny 1.

I totally hear what you're saying. Just for the sake of clarity, I should stress that I don't feel "angry" about any of it. This is all just the analytical "game critic" side of my brain trying to work out what kind of potential Destiny 2 has in a variety of ways.

As a Destiny player, I have totally made peace with what Destiny is (and what it isn't). As I already said, I no longer expect any form of satisfaction from Destiny's story or characters. And I'm ok with the that.

This whole train of thought I'm on is just my response to what Bungie is telling us and showing us. It is clear that they want to make the story and characters a more significant aspect of Destiny 2. The thoughts I'm having all surround the question of can Bungie make me care about Destiny's story and characters. If so, what would it take for that to happen?

If I jump into Destiny 2 and I find that the game's story and characters still fail to grab my interest, I will still enjoy the game just fine. I just think that'd be a shame from Bungie's perspective, because they so obviously want me, and all Destiny players, to care about that stuff.

Zavala's move at 1:30...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 19:04 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

I wrote a post a while back about how I'd love to see Bungie bring melee combat more prominently into the sandbox, but not in a button-mashy way. The little combo move that we see Zavala do in this video is a perfect example of the kind of combat abilities I'd love to have within the game. I don't think we'll actually see it at this point, but I still love the idea.

Destiny 2 reveal stream note thread. Tron Vibe?

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, May 18, 2017, 19:21 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

Anyone else get a Tron vibe from the new tanks & (of course) the new void subclass?

Seems good to me.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 23:11 (2506 days ago) @ Vortech

The gameplay looked good. The cinematics told stories on multiple levels, some of which you'd only understand if you knew the backstory. The Sentinel looks like what you'd get if you designed a Defender to not have a negative k/d.

Oh... and some class of Titan can summon an ice wall?!

[image]

I'll see you all starside, 'cause I'm in.

+1

by cheapLEY @, Friday, May 19, 2017, 23:36 (2505 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I liked what I saw.

You know I've been pretty down on Destiny pretty often. I don't know that Destiny 2 fixes any of the problems I have, but it looks like it's at least trying to. Having a good campaign with a neat story will make me happy.

Maybe it's just nostalgia, maybe it's just hype, but I miss Destiny, and damnit all, I'm looking forward to playing again. Hopefully I'll have reliable internet at my house by September!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread