Character screen (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 17:46 (2528 days ago)
edited by bluerunner, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 17:50

Screenshots

- No dicipline, strength, intellect
- Sidearm in kinetic slot (previously primary slot)
- Elemental handcannon in second slot
- Same number of carried weapons
- Weapons mod equitable for each weapon.
- Number for rate of fire, but rest are still bars.
- Handling - Not sure what this stat is
- Locked slot under artifact
- No selection for other subclasses, could just be for demo build. Edit: I think the two small boxes next to it may be the other subclasses. That would mean there are three.
-Clan tab.
- Down on Dpad toggles subscreen. ?

This is the thing that bummed me out the most.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 17:50 (2528 days ago) @ bluerunner

I was really hoping that throwing all the old gear away would pave the way for a brand new weapon balancing/stat system, but it looks like they just took all the old stuff, good and bad.

Those bars are still awful, and did we really need to bring forward garbage perks?

Slot machines can't be all 7s. Even in a Bungie game.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 17:54 (2528 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

One might argue in favor of removing slot machines ;)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 18:15 (2528 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

One might argue in favor of removing slot machines ;) +1

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, May 18, 2017, 20:51 (2527 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

If one lived in fairy tale gumdrop land

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Saturday, May 20, 2017, 02:27 (2526 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

cR Jackpot, Anyone? XD

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, May 20, 2017, 03:07 (2526 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

This is the thing that bummed me out the most.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 18:34 (2528 days ago) @ CyberKN

I was really hoping that throwing all the old gear away would pave the way for a brand new weapon balancing/stat system, but it looks like they just took all the old stuff, good and bad.

Those bars are still awful, and did we really need to bring forward garbage perks?

Bars are the way to do it dude. You want a quick visual comparison in relative terms. Worrying about numbers is dumb. Shooting dudes is better. The more numbers the game hides the better in my opinion. I'd have even loved to see no damage numbers.

Less randomness in perk benefits

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 18:58 (2527 days ago) @ bluerunner

Notice at least in those screens none of them say "have a chance to" it's all very cut and dry. Get a melee kill, reloads your weapon. I hope that's across all the perks.

Character screen

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 20:12 (2527 days ago) @ bluerunner

And what does it mean by "L2 for Gear Stats"

Character screen

by ncsuDuncan @, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 21:18 (2527 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Shows light level and elemental type for all items without having to hover over each one.

Character screen

by ncsuDuncan @, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 23:56 (2527 days ago) @ bluerunner

- Locked slot under artifact

Clan banner.

- Down on Dpad toggles subscreen. ?

Yeah, though it was disabled in this build.

Character screen

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Saturday, May 20, 2017, 02:26 (2526 days ago) @ bluerunner

- Handling - Not sure what this stat is

That stat existed in D1, but was just never displayed. Handling affected things like how fast a weapon swapped, how quickly it went into ADS, and (to a small degree, I think) reload speed. Just generally how fast you could move the weapon around. I'd assume it does the same in D2, more or less.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread