Young Amanda Holliday (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 21:49 (2527 days ago)
edited by Ragashingo, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 22:11

A bit of awesome storytelling:

[image] [image] [image][image] [image]
She emerges onto the top level of the Tower, sees her first Jumpship, is awed, and the rest is history.

And, of course, it fits with Amanda being born on the road as per The Chaperone.

I was wonder'n. Neat.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 21:50 (2527 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Rampant Speculation About Zavala

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 21:58 (2527 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Ghost Fragment: The Reef 2

"We should have stayed in the Reef..." "...Says there's one city left..." "A City beneath the Traveler..." "At least we're not in the Reef..." The voices broke over Mara like a wave and for a moment she spun in the currents.

Now, in the flames, shapes began to form. A crashed ship—a blue-skinned hand clasping a brown one—a half-built wall high above the treetops.

"You who betrayed us for Earth!" Mara thought. "It is I, your Queen! I will grant you one chance to return, or you will not be welcomed back!"

But the tide of voices never wavered.

[image] [image] [image] [image]

Damn! Didn't notice that - nice!

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 22:06 (2527 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Damn! Didn't notice that - nice!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 22:44 (2527 days ago) @ Leviathan

Yeah, I thought it was a random girl looking at OUR guardian's ship at the end of vanilla destiny.

The Starkiller

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 22:35 (2527 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Someone has a ship capable of killing a star:

[image][image] [image]

Oh, and we fight on it!

[image]

Maybe a StarMAKER!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, May 21, 2017, 13:42 (2524 days ago) @ Ragashingo

There are a number of images that show TWO suns in the skybox! And this one is on Nessus,
which we know is in our solar system:

[image]

So maybe it's not blowing up a sun, maybe we're witnessing a birth of a second sun in our solar system!

Maybe a StarMAKER!

by Yapok @, Sunday, May 21, 2017, 17:09 (2524 days ago) @ Xenos

Very perceptive - thanks!

by Oholiab @, Friday, May 19, 2017, 12:47 (2526 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Young Amanda Holliday

by Argent_17, Friday, May 19, 2017, 21:48 (2526 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Also, I'm guessing the third Titan standing with Zavala and Shaxx during the fallen assault is Lord Saladbar.

Hehe. Probably. :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, May 19, 2017, 22:54 (2526 days ago) @ Argent_17

- No text -

Seven More Things

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, May 20, 2017, 18:17 (2525 days ago) @ Ragashingo

1. This is a spectacular image:
[image]

2. Not wearing a red shirt, but this guy died in the time honored Star Trek exploding console tradition:
[image]

3. Golden Gun is awesome:
[image]

4. Ikora saves Cayde-6 by using Blink:
[image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

5. No Land Beyond makes a return of sorts:
[image]

6. We get to fight in the Tower hanger, at least briefly:
[image]

7. The best size comparison of the Traveler to Earth that we've seen yet. It seems pretty big:
[image]

Seven More Things

by naturl selexion, Saturday, May 20, 2017, 20:15 (2525 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by naturl selexion, Saturday, May 20, 2017, 20:20

7. The best size comparison of the Traveler to Earth that we've seen yet. It seems pretty big:
[image]

That one's a bit off. I think they enlarged it just so it would show up in that image. It appears to be a couple hundred miles across there. When viewed from the tower it is only a few miles across.

[image]

That White Gun Looks Familiar

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, May 20, 2017, 22:08 (2525 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Ragashingo, Saturday, May 20, 2017, 22:20

Thanks to Xenos for pointing this one out:

[image] [image]
Vs.
[image] [image]

Also...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, May 20, 2017, 23:03 (2525 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Shaxx with two horns:
[image]

Zavala, Shaxx, & Cormorant? In London??

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, May 20, 2017, 23:58 (2525 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Here we see three Titans defending an unnamed city that is burning during a Fallen attack:
[image]
Two of them are easily identified. Zavala and Shaxx. The third is hard to identify. No super custom armor. But, his mark:
[image]
Sure looks a lot like the Honor of Cormorant:
[image]

Cormorant may not have been a person however. It appears to be a specific order of a Guardians:

Cormorant Line II:

Those of the Cormorant Seal must prove themselves willing to give their lives to others.

Of which Eriana-3, a member of Eris Morn's fireteam, was a part of:

Eriana-3, disciple of the Praxic Warlocks, marked by the Cormorant Seal. Survivor of the great disaster: the day we set out to retake our moon, united in a host of thousands, and found ourselves outmatched by one Hive champion of unspeakable power.

Also, is it possible that fiery scene is part of something Lakshmi-2, the Future War Cult's representative references when she says:

Another war story? I was there when the House of Devils burned London.

Is there anything particularly London-ish about the architecture in those scenes?

Cormorant could be the bird in Warlock's new emblem/crest

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Sunday, May 21, 2017, 01:03 (2525 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Pyromancy, Sunday, May 21, 2017, 01:18

Here we see three Titans defending an unnamed city that is burning during a Fallen attack:
[image]
Two of them are easily identified. Zavala and Shaxx. The third is hard to identify. No super custom armor. But, his mark:
[image]
Sure looks a lot like the Honor of Cormorant:
[image]

Cormorant may not have been a person however. It appears to be a specific order of a Guardians:

Cormorant Line II:

Those of the Cormorant Seal must prove themselves willing to give their lives to others.

Of which Eriana-3, a member of Eris Morn's fireteam, was a part of:

Eriana-3, disciple of the Praxic Warlocks, marked by the Cormorant Seal. Survivor of the great disaster: the day we set out to retake our moon, united in a host of thousands, and found ourselves outmatched by one Hive champion of unspeakable power.

Also, is it possible that fiery scene is part of something Lakshmi-2, the Future War Cult's representative references when she says:

Another war story? I was there when the House of Devils burned London.

Is there anything particularly London-ish about the architecture in those scenes?

Cormorant could be the type of bird on the Warlock's "new" emblem/crest seen on the new Gamestop merchandise. I'm not sure though, I could easily be wrong but I think Vulture fits better than Cormorant? The only Cormorant ties to Warlock are through Eriana-3 and a set of Blue (rare) quality Warlock armor I think. There is a stronger tie to Titans as far as I can tell?

by Argent_17, Monday, May 22, 2017, 09:16 (2523 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Since at this point in the trailer they seem to be showing the progress of the last city from its humble beginnings to the present I was thinking this was the battle 6 fronts. This is also why I think that the third titan is Saladbar. Since he, zavala, and shaxx were buddy buddy at that point. Not to mention the armor looks kinda Iron Bannerish IMO (But that may be because thats the iron banner chest piece my titan likes)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, May 22, 2017, 09:57 (2523 days ago) @ Argent_17
edited by Ragashingo, Monday, May 22, 2017, 10:00

I'd love to see the Battle of Six Fronts, but I don't think this was it. The City Age says:

When did the City Age begin? Perhaps when the bulk of the world's survivors lived beneath the Traveler, rather than in the wilderness. Or when the Titans raised the first wall. Or at Six Fronts, when the City first faced coordinated, overwhelming attack - and repelled it decisively.

Six Fronts was in defense of the City and was an epic defense of the City's walls, according to the Mark of Six Fronts:

Four orders of Titans held six approaches in the first great battle around the Last City, and not one front broke.

The Iron Banner card begins with:

The Lords of Iron, ancient warriors from the City's founding, have no time for mollycoddling. The City remembers Felwinter and Jolder, Skorri and Timur, Radegast and Gheleon and the others, for their invincible patrols during Six Fronts and the Wall-building. The Iron Banner asks Guardians to live up to that legend.

A decisive stand, invincible patrols, holding approaches. These don't fit with a City in flames with women and children running for their lives. That, and according to the video, the City didn't even have a wall to defend yet.

"Here's what I have on the Cabal:"

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, May 21, 2017, 13:45 (2524 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Ragashingo, Sunday, May 21, 2017, 14:42

800 pounds and highly militarized. They blow up planets and moons just for getting in their way. Just so you know what we're dealing with.

Been trying to puzzle this one out, but Xenos, ZackDark, and myself are now convinced that the Cabal create one or two additional stars within our solar system using the giant ship we fight on at some point. The ship fires an energy beam of some kind into something. Maybe our sun, but the more we think about it, we think it might be one of the outer gas giants.

[image] [image] [image]

That thing then either flares up (if it's our sun) or outright explodes (becoming a 2nd star) and takes a pair of planets / moons along with it:

[image]

Afterwards, we see clear examples of two stars in the skybox of Nessus and an unknown location that has a thin atmosphere, possibly the Cabal planet killer ship that created the second sun:

[image] [image] [image]

Our guess is that the second sun is not Jupiter or Saturn, however, because both feature prominently in other shots:

[image] [image]

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread