MIA NPCs (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Friday, May 19, 2017, 01:23 (2533 days ago)

Thought I'd try to keep a running tab of NPCs we haven't seen (yet) in any of the new footage.

The Speaker
Eris
Master Rahool
Mara Sov
Prince Uldren
Petra Venj
Master Vance
Saladin
Efrideet
Arach Jalal
Executor Hideo
Lakshmi-2

Known survivors seen in footage:

Amanda Holliday
Zavala
Ikora
Cayde

Anybody spot any of the MIA above, or have an NPC from D1 that is MIA but not on the list?

MIA NPCs

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, May 19, 2017, 02:03 (2533 days ago) @ narcogen

Thought I'd try to keep a running tab of NPCs we haven't seen (yet) in any of the new footage.

The Speaker

Obviously missing because it's a mission objective to try and save him. Looks like the Cabal destroyed his entire Traveler scanner pavilion.

Eris

She leaves the Tower after having helped with Oryx's defeat, according to Ghost Fragment: Eris Morn

Master Rahool
Mara Sov

Got her ship blowed up real good by Oryx. Is amost certainly still alive in one form or another though given that her brother continues to sense her presence in Ghost Fragment: The Reef 4

Prince Uldren

See Mara Sov.

Petra Venj

Presumably still leading the Reef, though I don't believe we saw anything of the Reef today.

Master Vance
Saladin
Efrideet
Arach Jalal
Executor Hideo
Lakshmi-2

The Exo Stranger

Known survivors seen in footage:

Amanda Holliday
Zavala
Ikora
Cayde

Tower Sweeper Frame (last we saw it had killed a pair of Cabal and had resumed its sweeping duties)

Anybody spot any of the MIA above, or have an NPC from D1 that is MIA but not on the list?

Yep.

MIA NPCs

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, May 20, 2017, 21:13 (2531 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Eris

She leaves the Tower after having helped with Oryx's defeat, according to Ghost Fragment: Eris Morn

This is where the game really falls down. She's still standing there under the stairs!

MIA NPCs

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, May 20, 2017, 21:20 (2531 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Ummm... perhaps that hasn't happened just yet? :p

MIA NPCs

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, May 20, 2017, 21:44 (2531 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Ummm... perhaps that hasn't happened just yet? :p

Don't get me wrong, I get it. I mean, it's necessary for her to still be there for players to interact with. It's just a weird disconnect that I think probably could have been avoided, somehow. It's just one of those little things that feels weird. I defeated Oryx literally years ago, and there she is, still droning on about him.

I try my best to let my understanding of why she logically needs to be there in terms of the game, but those little things just sort of pile up, you know? It's not something that would every prevent me from enjoying the game, but it's one of those things that prevents me from being sucked into the world in the same way I am when I play The Witcher.

MIA NPCs

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, May 20, 2017, 21:46 (2531 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Yeah. They could fix it with more distinct world states... I guess. Unless she's the only one that sells that one material you need... :/

MIA NPCs

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, May 21, 2017, 01:09 (2531 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Yeah. They could fix it with more distinct world states... I guess. Unless she's the only one that sells that one material you need... :/

With them putting NPCs in the actual world I'm hoping this will make more since in Destiny 2.

Xur

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, May 19, 2017, 02:22 (2533 days ago) @ narcogen

- No text -

Xur

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, May 19, 2017, 08:40 (2533 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Destiny 2 launches on a Friday. He would be in the tower that day.

Xur

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, May 20, 2017, 16:54 (2532 days ago) @ bluerunner

Destiny 2 launches on a Friday. He would be in the tower that day.

Or the Reef, wondering why nobody's showing up...

MIA NPCs

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 19, 2017, 02:34 (2533 days ago) @ narcogen

Mara Sov

She's dead dude, why would we see her? :-p

Speaker was in the Zavala cinematic

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, May 19, 2017, 09:57 (2533 days ago) @ narcogen

When young Zavala gets to the camp under the traveler, you can see the speaker talking to a group.

But like was mentioned, he's not in the playable footage.

Speaker was in the Zavala cinematic

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Friday, May 19, 2017, 10:12 (2533 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

When young Zavala gets to the camp under the traveler, you can see the speaker talking to a group.

But like was mentioned, he's not in the playable footage.

That's a flashback, presumably, Zavala "growing" as a guardian and the founding of the CIty.

The Speaker I'm pretty sure is actually MIA because Ikora explicitly says so during the Cabal attack.

Of course, we could end up finding or rescuing him at some point in the game, but that hasn't been shown yet, so as far as we know, he might be gone, just like Sov and Uldren.

Do you think the Speaker sold us out to the Cabal?

by Funkmon @, Friday, May 19, 2017, 11:37 (2533 days ago) @ narcogen

- No text -

These chumps couldn't figure out the traveler... I'm out!

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, May 19, 2017, 12:04 (2533 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Nah

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Saturday, May 20, 2017, 13:26 (2532 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

You forgot the sweeping robot!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, May 19, 2017, 11:53 (2533 days ago) @ narcogen

- No text -

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, May 19, 2017, 12:22 (2533 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

He was there. They intentionally highlighted him.

[image]

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, May 19, 2017, 12:31 (2533 days ago) @ ManKitten

Yeah, but he wasn't in the list of known survivors!

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, May 19, 2017, 12:59 (2533 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

heh, so I'm about 0 for 3 on my posts this morning. I'm just going to go back to lurking for a while and let the pros handle things :P

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, May 19, 2017, 13:01 (2533 days ago) @ ManKitten

heh, so I'm about 0 for 3 on my posts this morning. I'm just going to go back to lurking for a while and let the pros handle things :P

Actually, I didn't read a previous post that mentioned the robot, so you're all good :D

No sign of Tess, Shiro, or Tyra either

by Mariachi @, Kentucky, Friday, May 19, 2017, 18:28 (2533 days ago) @ narcogen

- No text -

tess retired with all that emote money

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, May 19, 2017, 18:43 (2533 days ago) @ Mariachi

- No text -

Eva's Dead.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, May 19, 2017, 18:48 (2533 days ago) @ Mariachi

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread