Any questions for people that got to play the reveal build? (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 19, 2017, 02:09 (2506 days ago)

We may or may not be recording an episode of Starside Lounge about the Destiny 2 reveal, and while I'm sure I will ask way too many questions of the lucky few admins that were at the event, does anyone have any pressing questions they'd like us to ask? I'm not guaranteeing your questions will get answered, but if we see one that's more interesting than my 20 questions about Gunslinger changes we might see what they say.

Deadline for questions?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, May 19, 2017, 02:22 (2506 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Excellent question, 5/19 around 7PM PDT

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 19, 2017, 02:26 (2506 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Clans, elemental / exotic weapons

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Friday, May 19, 2017, 02:24 (2506 days ago) @ Xenos

How is Guided Game / new clan support intended to work?

Will there be curated clans made by Bungie, similar to D1 factions, that are geared towards certain priorities or playstyles? (hardcore, casual, raid noobs, etc)? If so, will those exist alongside player-created clans?

How will the shared focus of new clans help more players experience endgame? If I'm a raid noob with no friends and I want to raid, I'll join the "raid noob" clan. Also full of raid noobs. Is the game just going to throw those players together, LFG-style, or is it going to match actual role needs-- group of 5 noobs seeking one sherpa? Is the system just going to matchmake players in the same clan with incomplete fireteams, or will it be matching 1-2 players from a "raid sherpa" clan with 4-5 players from a "raid noob" clan?

If the new weapon slots are kinetic/energy/power, and the purple bricks I see in footage are power ammo, do secondary (or "energy") and kinetic ammo drops/synths exist? I'm going over strike footage and it does appear that energy ammo drops exist.

So if Kinetic is the kind of damage a weapon does when it is not doing elemental, and the new "primary" slot is the "kinetic" slot, does this mean the end of infinite-ammo elemental primaries?

In other words, you can still have elemental scouts, auto rifles, pulse rifles, etc, but they wouldn't be in your "kinetic" slot and therefore require "special" or even "power" ammo, depending on the slot.

This makes sense if getting players to repeat content depends on modifiers like burns; but burns often make content easier once you've got a full set of elemental weapons. (Supercell, Mythoclast, etc).

I notice the exotic auto in the strike footage is equipped in the "kinetic" slot. This would make it unusual for D1 exotics-- more like the oddball exotics like No Land Beyond and Universal Remote, which were interesting not because of elemental damage but because they were a "special" weapon type (sniper, shotgun) for equipping in a "primary" slot.

Is this the new model for exotics?

Just read them this post please.

by Funkmon @, Friday, May 19, 2017, 03:27 (2506 days ago) @ narcogen

- No text -

Found 1 answer already - Guides and Seekers

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Friday, May 19, 2017, 07:20 (2506 days ago) @ narcogen

How is Guided Game / new clan support intended to work?

Will there be curated clans made by Bungie, similar to D1 factions, that are geared towards certain priorities or playstyles? (hardcore, casual, raid noobs, etc)? If so, will those exist alongside player-created clans?

How will the shared focus of new clans help more players experience endgame? If I'm a raid noob with no friends and I want to raid, I'll join the "raid noob" clan. Also full of raid noobs. Is the game just going to throw those players together, LFG-style, or is it going to match actual role needs-- group of 5 noobs seeking one sherpa? Is the system just going to matchmake players in the same clan with incomplete fireteams, or will it be matching 1-2 players from a "raid sherpa" clan with 4-5 players from a "raid noob" clan?

I found a slide in the presentation that addresses this.

When entering a GG-enabled activity like a Nightfall, you have a choice between Normal mode, or two other modes-- "Seeker" mode where you're looking for help, and "Guide" mode where you're offering it.

I wonder how well that is going to work for things like strikes. I can easily see players having different ideas about what the needed threshold for being a Guide would be. We'll see.

Found 1 answer already - Guides and Seekers

by Earendil, Friday, May 19, 2017, 16:03 (2505 days ago) @ narcogen

I wonder how well that is going to work for things like strikes. I can easily see players having different ideas about what the needed threshold for being a Guide would be. We'll see.

I suspect you're right, but that it'll sort of pan out. I would guess that the answer is something along the lines of "if everyone was only as good as me, could we even complete this activity?". If the answer is no, you're probably not a guide, otherwise you are. That bar would thus be in very different places for a strike vs a raid.

Any questions for people that got to play the reveal build?

by electricpirate @, Friday, May 19, 2017, 11:45 (2506 days ago) @ Xenos

1. How has the weapon systems higher reliance on primary weapons changed the design of enemies in pve?
2. Are clans rewarded for guiding players?
3. In ttk the dreadnaught there was a really rich amount of questing and exploration. It was fun till everyone kinda of finished it, what will keep people coming back into the new patrol zones, both from a rewards and content perspective?
4. With a major focus on social play, how does bungie play test these systems for their effects on social dynamics?
5. That new strike looks cool, it must have taken a long time to design it, How do you balance big bespoke set pieces with the speed of content generation and replayability?

EDIT: I thought it was questions for bungie ignore above :(

by electricpirate @, Friday, May 19, 2017, 13:02 (2505 days ago) @ electricpirate

- No text -

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, May 19, 2017, 12:22 (2505 days ago) @ Xenos

can i equip an elemental weapon in the kinetic spot (and just disable the element)?

only reason i can think of doing this would be that it has good enough base perks, that i don't need the elemental damage (due to having another elemental weapon in the appropriate slot).

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, May 19, 2017, 12:37 (2505 days ago) @ Xenos

It looked like the user interface was the same as D1. Did you notice any upgrades?

D1 had a grenade and melee. D2 now has a third (defense?) feature. How did you like that?

Thoughts on the new weapon system?

How were the perks on armor structured?

Did you like the grenade launcher? It looked rather tedious and annoying.

The reveal showed a warlock "power falling?" inside the cabal ship. How does that feature work? Was it actually an attack? or something more like an agility perk? (like double jump, hover)

In the reveal, immediately after the attack, we switch to FPV to battle the cabal. Then Amanda drops "that guardian you're always talking about" which I assumed was me. So who were we playing as at the very beginning?

Judging from that reddit skill tree post

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, May 19, 2017, 12:47 (2505 days ago) @ ManKitten

The reveal showed a warlock "power falling?" inside the cabal ship. How does that feature work? Was it actually an attack? or something more like an agility perk? (like double jump, hover)

Phoenix Dive: Hold O while in-air to quickly Descend and regenerate health

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, May 19, 2017, 12:48 (2505 days ago) @ ManKitten

In the reveal, immediately after the attack, we switch to FPV to battle the cabal. Then Amanda drops "that guardian you're always talking about" which I assumed was me. So who were we playing as at the very beginning?

Earlier in the mission, just after you fail to find the Speaker, Zavala radios you that he is sending Amanda Holliday to pick you up. And she does. So it's your Guardian the whole time.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, May 19, 2017, 12:57 (2505 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Ah, I missed that part. (I probably missed many parts as there were many distractions around me while I tried to watch.)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, May 19, 2017, 13:00 (2505 days ago) @ Xenos

This is more of a general question but: How did it feel?

I noticed that the sounds felt off. I can't explain it other than the grenades felt like their bass was turned down and some of the weapons didn't sound right. How did it feel when playing?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, May 19, 2017, 13:04 (2505 days ago) @ Xenos

Was there any explanation on why there aren't HMGs?

One more...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, May 19, 2017, 18:14 (2505 days ago) @ bluerunner

Are we not going to get an emote wheel?

[image]

ugh.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, May 19, 2017, 18:42 (2505 days ago) @ bluerunner

Are we not going to get an emote wheel?

[image]

why cant they put in an emote wheel and an ammo synth wheel? for all its faults, that was something that The Division had right.

I don't think that pic accurately shows the D2 controls...

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, May 19, 2017, 18:56 (2505 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

If for no other reason than the fact that that screencap does not label which button is used for the new, third, class ability that we'll have.

I don't think that pic accurately shows the D2 controls...

by Harmanimus @, Friday, May 19, 2017, 20:09 (2505 days ago) @ Speedracer513

The class ability controls are identified in the skill trees, with Hold O or Press O, O. Like Shadestep and Twilight Garrison.

Muh Questions!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, May 19, 2017, 15:41 (2505 days ago) @ Xenos

QUESTIONS!

What was the atmosphere like in the room?

How long was the event?

Multiplayer is 4-player only now. Does that Extend to Single player in any way?

In the little time you got to play, did it feel better, or just new?

What was locked off in your playthrough?

See any really cool new guns worth telling about?

See any really cool new foes worth telling about?

Do you think we are only going to have one sub class in D2?

--------------------------------------------------------------
In the event you lot have a Surprise Special Bungie Guest - I have but one question.

Mod. Support. Y/M/N?

is there grimoire?

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, May 19, 2017, 16:59 (2505 days ago) @ Xenos

and grimoire score. if there is a grimoire score, does your old score carry forward?

Can I Haz some Swag?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, May 19, 2017, 20:29 (2505 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Maybe a Bag O' Swag?

by Oholiab @, Friday, May 19, 2017, 21:32 (2505 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

sure :)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, May 19, 2017, 21:47 (2505 days ago) @ Oholiab

- No text -

Was it fun?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, May 19, 2017, 21:52 (2505 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

+1

by cheapLEY @, Friday, May 19, 2017, 23:30 (2505 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

any sign of Fireteam Builder-like sceduling of playing

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Saturday, May 20, 2017, 17:47 (2504 days ago) @ Xenos

So we know there is game time finding of clans or players for your event, is there any signs you can scedule one with your clan for a certain date and time like the Fireteam Builder does? Like a signup sheet for a Monday night raid or something.

I want to know this…

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 22:45 (2501 days ago) @ CougRon

…so that I don’t pour a bunch of energy into updating the FTB for D2, only to have the feature superseded in-game. :-P

Would be a cool feature if they did introduce it, though. And maybe they’d even allow API access so that we can list events on here anyway. :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread