Make a Prediction: What takes our light in D3? (Destiny)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, May 22, 2017, 12:14 (2530 days ago)

Since the Cabal takes our light away, just for plot device of starting over the leveling grind, how do you think they handle this in Destiny 3?

Borderlands got around the issue by having brand new characters in each installment. I really don't see that happening since we are supposed to become legend over the 10 year lifespan.

Does the vex teleport us or the traveler to another time?
Do Hive Siphon witches (or the sisters) cast a spell over the traveler?
Does the traveler wake up and bug out, and we have to chase him down?
Do we embrace the darkness, to destroy it from within?
Do we find out that the light was in our hearts the entire time and we just have to believe?

What do you think will happen?

Already! Already?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, May 22, 2017, 12:29 (2530 days ago) @ Schedonnardus
edited by INSANEdrive, Monday, May 22, 2017, 12:33

Since the Cabal takes our light away, just for plot device of starting over the leveling grind, how do you think they handle this in Destiny 3?

Borderlands got around the issue by having brand new characters in each installment. I really don't see that happening since we are supposed to become legend over the 10 year lifespan.

Do we find out that the light was in our hearts the entire time and we just have to believe?

Meh. What the hey.

My Guesses:

• The Destiny 2 Endgame
  • The Darkness (The Darkness!)
  • Your Mother-In-Law
  • That Mysterious 5th class of enemy with the really pointy ships.
  • Drinks with umbrellas in them
  • Drinks without umbrellas in them
  • Fuzzy Friend Deaths ;_;
  • Guardians without pants
  • Your ghost steals it
  • Your ghost is stolen and you are revived by the reawakened traveler.
  • Bungie / Activision
  • Pathways ( So... I guess we just... walk into it? I guess?)

Destiny 3: Dude, where's my ghost?

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, May 22, 2017, 12:32 (2530 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

• Drinks with umbrellas in them
  • Drinks without umbrellas in them

Awesome. Our guardian gets hammered and forgets where he left his ghost

Make a Prediction: What takes our light in D3?

by Kahzgul, Monday, May 22, 2017, 20:55 (2530 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

You have to intentionally shed your light, deleveling yourself by fighting with specific, "corrupted" weapons, until you have no more light. This will be the first 3rd of the game.

Then you have to gain darkness in order to infiltrate the Nine. This will be done by first finding Osiris, and under Eris' guidance. This is the second third of the game, and introduces the new subclasses. It will turn out that Eris is trying to become a new Hive overlord, using dark guardians as her kingsguard, whereas Osiris studied the dark in order to overthrow it. Players will get to choose who to represent in the final battle against the nine.

The last third of the game has the solar system thrown into total war, as both light and dark guardians pit themselves against the forces of the Nine and their darkness, as well as each other. It will ultimately take a raid team of 3 light guardians and 3 dark guardians working together to defeat the Nine.

The endgame will be all about light vs. dark, Eris vs. Osiris, and the Traveler vs. the Darkness. Stay tuned for Destiny 4!!!

I agree.

Pish.

Posh.

Pishyposh.

Yessssss.

This, too.

I posted above :)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 00:08 (2530 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Yessssss.

So, Taken King mark two?

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 05:34 (2530 days ago) @ narcogen

Yessssss.

So, Taken King mark two?

Sort of, did you read my earlier guess? Eris is using dark guardians to assume the throne from Oryx.

Nothing I hope

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 00:07 (2530 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Nothing?

I really hope nothing. You can't do this twice.

D3 can raise the level cap to redo the grind. Destiny already did that a few times in the first three years.

I can see them wanting to do this reset now because if they took 3 subclasses per 3 subclasses for a total of 9 now, and then ADDED three more, which is what people would expect, you'd have 18 subclasses for Destiny 2, and either 3 new elemental damage types or three redundant subclasses.

Then by Destiny 3, people would expect 3 more, and you'd have a grand total of 27 subclasses in Destiny 3.

By pulling a plot-driven reset now, they can cap D2 at 3 subclasses and just refine the ones we already know.

Then, they could add up to 3 more if they wanted for D3 and still keep the total number at a more manageable 18 instead of the nearly ludicrous 27.

I've got it all figured out...

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 13:20 (2529 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

We destroy the [Traveler] from Earth wiping light from the known galaxy, in an effort to keep out of the hands of the [Cabal]. But we learn that there are multiple [travelers] throughout the galaxy and they are actually weapons. And they are all controlled by a home world called [The Pinnace].

We end up teaming with the [fallen] and locating [The Pinnace] which is already inhabited by the [cabal]. We then learn that Oryx has returned and the [Hive] are stronger than ever and also on [The Pinnace]. [The Pinnace] is rebuilding a [Traveler] to replace the one we destroyed. We decided to activate the [Traveler] to finally kill Oryx and the [Hive] and the [Cabal].

While escaping and light jumping, we don't make it through the portal, leaving us stranded in space. We crawl into a cryotube on the ship and tell our [ghost] "Wake me when you need me."

I've got it all figured out...

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 14:30 (2529 days ago) @ ManKitten

"Wake me when you need me."

Rez me when you need me

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread