Question re: Guided Games (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 15:51 (2522 days ago)

How are they going to handle people dropping?

RIght now Raiding is hardly an atomic affair. People often drop out, either randomly or intentionally.

So how does GG work then? Do you have to take the fireteam back to orbit and GG again for the current checkpoint?

Question re: Guided Games

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 15:53 (2522 days ago) @ kidtsunami

How are they going to handle people dropping?

RIght now Raiding is hardly an atomic affair. People often drop out, either randomly or intentionally.

So how does GG work then? Do you have to take the fireteam back to orbit and GG again for the current checkpoint?

*emphasis mine*

That would be my guess.

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 16:25 (2522 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Or hopefully they have considered that and have a "recent Seekers" list so you can reinvite folks who may have dropped on accident.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 22:10 (2522 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Or hopefully they have considered that and have a "recent Seekers" list so you can reinvite folks who may have dropped on accident.

If part of the point of GG is to help people build friend lists and increase clan engagement, perhaps the idea is that if you like a player who came into your game that way well enough to invite them back if they get disconnected, you'd have already friended them by that point.

Just a thought.

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, May 25, 2017, 04:26 (2521 days ago) @ narcogen

While your suggestion is valid, that's bad software design covered up by social engineering. They can fix that issue if they have the inclination to, and have the foresight to do so. (They have the time, but will it beat out other priorities as well is another question)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 25, 2017, 13:27 (2521 days ago) @ slycrel

While your suggestion is valid, that's bad software design covered up by social engineering. They can fix that issue if they have the inclination to, and have the foresight to do so. (They have the time, but will it beat out other priorities as well is another question)

I hope they introduce a recent player list that would let you back in. I use LFG from time to time. My preferred way of organizing on the PS4 is to invite non-friends to chat, and from there they can click my name and join my public fireteam. The preferred method is to send friend invites, but I don't like that because I may forget to remove them and I don't want to litter my friends list with strangers I may end up not wanting to play with again.

Yesterday morning, though, I joined an LFG Nightfall run and the leader sent me a friend request. I accepted and I'm glad, because my power went out near the end, and I wouldn't have been able to rejoin had we not become friends.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread