Something Impossible Happened--I Had FUN. (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, May 25, 2017, 17:38 (2525 days ago)

So, that Iron Banner Mayhem...I went into that event with an air of...light trepidation...but I was genuinely surprised to find that I actually had a generally good time! Maybe it was because most people weren't focused on using 1-shot kill weapons; maybe it was because of how quickly I was completing my quests; or maybe it was the ludicrously fast speed of ranking up(My Titan seriously completed Rank 5 on Wednesday--that NEVER happened before, EVER) but I actually had a blast. Games were a lot shorter, things were(obviously) a lot more chaotic, and there actually weren't that many Titans! In fact, Gunslingers took the spot of most popular. Of course, there were JIP's but for the first time in Destiny's history, most of them were actually...fair! Sometimes, it would be close, sometimes it was a decent enough lead to stay in the fight--but for the first time ever, it wasn't a join of 10000 to 50 with a quarter of a nanosecond left in a 6v1 game!

Something else impossible happened, too. Something I wasn't even going for until it appeared unexpectedly. Something I knew I had never gotten before, and I know will never happen again.

I got a Phantom.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Morpheus414/video/31622866

A Phantom. In Mayhem, no less. In Iron Banner Mayhem! I honestly couldn't believe it. Of course, I got killed instantly after, but the surprise was definitely real! But it was absolutely worth a save on my hard drive, because I knew that was a special moment, and it was something to keep. I was feeling pretty damn lucky, knowing that would be the only time that would ever happen...

Then I got it again.

Congrats!

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, May 25, 2017, 18:40 (2525 days ago) @ Morpheus

congrats on the lighthouse also

Congrats!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, May 26, 2017, 02:09 (2524 days ago) @ unoudid

Yeah, I paid for it. I was trying to fill out my record book too, but my main reason for doing it was seeing the Lighthouse for the first time.

I got gypped out of the sexy introduction cutscene, though. I guess because the people I were with had already been when they transferred leadership to me or something, I don't know. But I did get a kickass Adept Vision Stone out of it, so I'm pretty happy.

Congrats!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, May 26, 2017, 04:04 (2524 days ago) @ Morpheus

Yeah, I paid for it. I was trying to fill out my record book too, but my main reason for doing it was seeing the Lighthouse for the first time.

I got gypped out of the sexy introduction cutscene, though. I guess because the people I were with had already been when they transferred leadership to me or something, I don't know. But I did get a kickass Adept Vision Stone out of it, so I'm pretty happy.

I also congrats you for the Phantoms (especially that second one).

And I don't think anyone will begrudge you for paying for the Lighthouse. I hear it's rough to make it these days.
But do you not get the cutscene every time you go to the Lighthouse anymore?

Congrats!

by Zero @, Florida, Friday, May 26, 2017, 04:56 (2524 days ago) @ Korny

I also congrats you for the Phantoms (especially that second one).

And I don't think anyone will begrudge you for paying for the Lighthouse. I hear it's rough to make it these days.
But do you not get the cutscene every time you go to the Lighthouse anymore?

No, they changed it so that only those who are first into that instance of the Lighthouse get the cut-scene. They even mentioned it in some patch notes a while back.

Congrats!

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, May 26, 2017, 17:44 (2524 days ago) @ Morpheus

I could care less if you paid for it. It's a great place that I wish more people could visit. It's one of the most beautiful areas in Destiny and unfortunately, its locked behind an extremely hard threshold. I'm really glad you got to experience it! (ps- the vision stone is actually a decent PvP weapon now)

Destiny:If you play long enough, you'll have fun eventually!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 25, 2017, 20:13 (2525 days ago) @ Morpheus

. . . *runs away* "Nice job through!" ᕕ(ツ)ᕗ :P

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread