What should I know about Destiny right now? (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, May 29, 2017, 03:03 (2523 days ago)

The Destiny 2 hype broke me. I caved and bought Rise of Iron over the long weekend. I've played a bit. Did the "story" and the first strike and spent some time in the Plaguelands. I have a bunch of keys and weird things that I'm assuming work like the stuff on the Dreadnaught--I just haven't found where they go.

I still don't have internet at home, but I'm planning on playing on Saturday nights for the foreseeable future by packing my PS4 to my family's house. There's no way I'll complete a record book, but I would like to get a group together to lead me through Wrath of the Machine when I hit the appropriate level.

Anything notable I should know? I'm just planning on taking it easy, doing the quests I still have, doing the strikes, and just fucking around for as long as it takes to get raid worthy.

P.S. Damn, I miss my Xbox gear. I have a single Titan on PS4 that does not even have a fully leveled subclass. I have garbage Legendaries and the only exotic I have is the sword you get in Rise of Iron. I feel crippled compared to my 3 maxed out Xbox characters.

I was considering using the Spark of Light to get a Warlock going, but it basically feels like a waste of time at this point. Anyone know what story content I'd have to play on a brand new character to open up all the options?

What should I know about Destiny right now?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, May 29, 2017, 05:20 (2523 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The Destiny 2 hype broke me. I caved and bought Rise of Iron over the long weekend. I've played a bit. Did the "story" and the first strike and spent some time in the Plaguelands. I have a bunch of keys and weird things that I'm assuming work like the stuff on the Dreadnaught--I just haven't found where they go.

Saw you on, didn't want to interrupt (it is pretty late).

Those keys aren't really important. You do unlock some hidden doors here and there, but they seem to be more for fun Axes and some resources, nothing too crazy.

I still don't have internet at home, but I'm planning on playing on Saturday nights for the foreseeable future by packing my PS4 to my family's house. There's no way I'll complete a record book, but I would like to get a group together to lead me through Wrath of the Machine when I hit the appropriate level.

Sounds fun. I'd love to help.

Anything notable I should know? I'm just planning on taking it easy, doing the quests I still have, doing the strikes, and just fucking around for as long as it takes to get raid worthy.

Thanks to Age of Triumph, pretty much anything that you do helps you level up and get gear, you'll likely hit 400 before your Subclasses get filled out. Doing strikes drops Blue gear that is always equal to, or above your light, same for Crucible and Faction rewards. The same is true for all of the raids. If you're still there tomorrow, we can try to get a group together to run through some of the raids to get you loot...

P.S. Damn, I miss my Xbox gear. I have a single Titan on PS4 that does not even have a fully leveled subclass. I have garbage Legendaries and the only exotic I have is the sword you get in Rise of Iron. I feel crippled compared to my 3 maxed out Xbox characters.

Were you able to get some 3oC?
Maybe it's a different strokes thing, but I felt the opposite back when I started over on Xbox. Rather than crippled, I felt pretty liberated.

I was considering using the Spark of Light to get a Warlock going, but it basically feels like a waste of time at this point. Anyone know what story content I'd have to play on a brand new character to open up all the options?

I think you'd just have to run the first few TTK missions to unlock the Dreadnaught, and the first two Rise of Iron missions to open the Iron Temple.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, May 29, 2017, 12:27 (2522 days ago) @ Korny

Thanks to Age of Triumph, pretty much anything that you do helps you level up and get gear, you'll likely hit 400 before your Subclasses get filled out. Doing strikes drops Blue gear that is always equal to, or above your light, same for Crucible and Faction rewards. The same is true for all of the raids. If you're still there tomorrow, we can try to get a group together to run through some of the raids to get you loot...

I'll be on a bit today but probably not too long. I think I might use the Spark of Light on a Warlock and get her up to speed (or maybe not, I'm not sure yet). Either way, I doubt I'll run through any raids quite yet. I didn't bring a mic with me this weekend. I really only brought the PS4 to grab some game updates and bought RoI sort of on a whim. I'll be prepared on Saturday though.

No, I forgot. I meant to look for Xur last night then just completely forgot about doing so. I've got only a few in my inventory.

Maybe it's a different strokes thing, but I felt the opposite back when I started over on Xbox. Rather than crippled, I felt pretty liberated.

I can see that. If I were in a position to play whenever I wanted instead of having to schedule packing the PS4 into town, I might feel the same way. I just feel like all my options are gone, mostly just from missing having most of the subclasses unlocked.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, May 29, 2017, 23:40 (2522 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'll be on a bit today but probably not too long. I think I might use the Spark of Light on a Warlock and get her up to speed (or maybe not, I'm not sure yet). Either way, I doubt I'll run through any raids quite yet. I didn't bring a mic with me this weekend. I really only brought the PS4 to grab some game updates and bought RoI sort of on a whim. I'll be prepared on Saturday though.

No, I forgot. I meant to look for Xur last night then just completely forgot about doing so. I've got only a few in my inventory.

I can see that. If I were in a position to play whenever I wanted instead of having to schedule packing the PS4 into town, I might feel the same way. I just feel like all my options are gone, mostly just from missing having most of the subclasses unlocked.

The pace of the subclass leveling is the single reason I haven't deleted characters. I've got several (deeply flawed) regulars/friends I raid with on the PS4, and we'd love to have you. Maybe, since Korny has offered to help, this is how we get him to play with us, too! We saw you on Saturday and thought about asking you to join, but realized you were working on leveling. Someone asked me if I knew you, and I said of course! We're blind raid blood brothers!

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 00:14 (2522 days ago) @ Kermit

The pace of the subclass leveling is the single reason I haven't deleted characters. I've got several (deeply flawed) regulars/friends I raid with on the PS4, and we'd love to have you. Maybe, since Korny has offered to help, this is how we get him to play with us, too! We saw you on Saturday and thought about asking you to join, but realized you were working on leveling. Someone asked me if I knew you, and I said of course! We're blind raid blood brothers!

I'm excited to be back in the game!

I ended up using Spark of Light on a Hunter this morning. I'm focusing on Nightstalker right now, probably about halfway through it. You're right--leveling subclasses sucks. I really hope they find a better solution in Destiny 2.

I was running the 320 Strike playlist earlier, and just having an absolute blast. The reworked strikes are good, and the new ones are great. I just did The Restorative Mind with a few randos and I really enjoyed it. There are just enough things going on to make it more involved than dumping ammo into a big Harpy. I was really impressed.

Haven't spent much time there yet, but the plaguelands seem cool. Did a few passes of the Archon's Forge with some randoms. I was just passing through and they just kept starting it up. It was fun--I like it more than the Court of Oryx, which I never really engaged with too much.

I'm looking forward to playing with you all again (or for the first time for most of the PS4 crew). Like I said, I'm aiming to hit Saturday evenings into the late night pretty regularly. Maybe some other random evenings as the opportunities arrive, but Saturdays for sure.

I'm sitting around 335 or so now, so it seems like the light leveling goes pretty quickly. I'll be ready to raid soon hopefully!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 10:36 (2522 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Let me know in advance when you'll be on, and unless we have a raid scheduled, I'll help you if I'm available. Plagueland patrols are not a bad way to level up factions. Make sure you do one public event every day that you play. I think you still are guaranteed a legendary engram, which are extremely valuable for leveling until you hit 390.

Here's a cheat sheet: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/587hyz/a_chart_to_help_you_reach_400_light/

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 18:47 (2521 days ago) @ Kermit

Oh cool, that looks handy. Thanks!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread