Bugs and UI issues - please post what you've found (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Thursday, September 14, 2017, 10:59 (2425 days ago)

So IMO as a former professional game tester, Destiny 2 is pretty damn solid. I'm thoroughly impressed and it feels like the sort of veteran work I expect from Bungie (unlike D1, which felt like a first effort to me).

There are, however a couple of bugs I've run into. There's probably others, so please feel free to post here if you've found some. I find a bug list is always helpful. Also I have a UI gripe which I'll list here because, frankly, I'd have emailed the programmers every day of my testing life until this was fixed back in the day.

- UI Issue: You cannot view challenges while "glimmer earned" is shown on the right hand side of the screen. This is awful. The time I want to see how many more vandals I need to kill is immediately after I have just killed a vandal. Oh, but I can't, because I earned 10 glimmer. So annoying.

- Bug (I'm on PS4): Sometimes loading into the tower takes 10 minutes or longer. During this time the screen is completely black, but you can hear all of the sounds of the tower. You can still access your inventory, but cannot return to orbit or access the director. Once the game finally loads in, none of the vendors will appear when you are trying to talk to them.

- Bug: there is a spot in Firebase Hades in the ducting where you can fall through below the pipes and cannot escape. You will need to abandon your current quest and fast travel elsewhere in order to escape.

- Bug: During the raid, it is possible to fall through the floor in the central room of the baths. I have only had this happen once, and it was when using my arcstrider jump attack. The spot was about halfway between the central plate and the bottom most pool.

Bugs and UI issues - please post what you've found

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, September 14, 2017, 11:35 (2424 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Most annoying is having a black screen for a couple of minutes while loading into the Tower.

Loading into an empty Tower is still common for me. I also get more error codes in the Tower than I did with D1.

I found a spot on Nessus during one of the adventures where you can fall through the map and get stuck out of the geometry.

I ran into a weird bug last night where a public event started but I could not see the enemies that were part of the event. It was the big servitor event. The other randoms could see it, but to me it just looked like they were firing wildly into the air. I thought I had wondered into a Husky Raid video. If I fired the direction they shot, I could see the rounds hitting something but could not see the servitor. I fired randomly a few directions and killed an invisible dreg. At the end suddenly everything appeared.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, September 14, 2017, 11:43 (2424 days ago) @ bluerunner

I ran into a weird bug last night where a public event started but I could not see the enemies that were part of the event. It was the big servitor event. The other randoms could see it, but to me it just looked like they were firing wildly into the air. I thought I had wondered into a Husky Raid video. If I fired the direction they shot, I could see the rounds hitting something but could not see the servitor. I fired randomly a few directions and killed an invisible dreg. At the end suddenly everything appeared.

Let me guess. Exodus Black on Nessus?

When Sammy and I were running story missions, upon finishing "Six", I spawned in alone, but she said she was right next to me. I couldn't see her (or her name) at all. She ran out to do the Servitor event, and while I was out there, I couldn't see a thing going on besides sme debris on the ground, and a couple of randoms shooting into the air. Sammy saw a heated battle going on, so I simply jumped into the middle of the thing and shot in the same direction as the randoms. I got the rewards right at the end, and Sammy popped up too.

Yup, same spot.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, September 14, 2017, 12:26 (2424 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 14, 2017, 12:47 (2424 days ago) @ Korny

I've had the same thing in that area quite a few times. It happened the other day during the Vex spire public event. I've also had random enemies frozen and just hanging around there. There was a Harpy just hanging out in mid-air frozen one of the last times I was there.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, September 14, 2017, 14:13 (2424 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I blame Failsafe.

But it's probably your fault.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, September 14, 2017, 12:08 (2424 days ago) @ bluerunner

Most annoying is having a black screen for a couple of minutes while loading into the Tower.

I've had that a few times, although it wasn't as long as Kahzgul described. Maybe a minute or two, tops. And I haven't had the absent vendors afterward (although that did happen a few times in D1).

I had a somewhat similar experience, except it was a player who wasn't appearing:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/stabbim/video/36139194

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, September 14, 2017, 14:11 (2424 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I may be wrong about this but when I first got a sparrow it wasn't showing up on the character screen. There seemed to be nothing, but I hovered over where I expected it to be and two showed up, although neither was equipped.

Again, it was late and maybe I was seeing things, but it made it wonder if I'd gotten a sparrow earlier and didn't realize it.

Dismantle from postmaster

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, September 14, 2017, 14:15 (2424 days ago) @ Kahzgul

We still can't just dismantle stuff from the postmaster without accepting it first. :-/

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, September 14, 2017, 14:18 (2424 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The devs where I work would all be yelling at you in unison: "Not a bug!"

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, September 15, 2017, 10:49 (2424 days ago) @ Kermit

Not a bug, but it's definitely an issue.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, October 02, 2017, 10:55 (2407 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Not a bug, but it's definitely an issue.

No, that's called a feature. An issue is something that breaks what was originally designed.

My biggest pet peeve about D2...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, September 14, 2017, 14:29 (2424 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I can't stand the fact that the color of projectiles from an Energy weapon does not match the damage element type. A weapon that does Solar damage should fire red/orange projectiles, arc damage should be blue, void damage should be purple.

Totally minor gripe, but it drives me nuts, lol.

Named enemy text is too damn small

by telemachus, Thursday, September 14, 2017, 14:29 (2424 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I don't have awful eye sight, and I'm on a 42" HDTV at the recommended distance away.

Named enemy text is too damn small +1

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, September 14, 2017, 14:58 (2424 days ago) @ telemachus

I don't have awful eye sight, and I'm on a 42" HDTV at the recommended distance away.

I sit too close to my 42" HDTV & have trouble reading them. It's hard in the heat of the battle with them jumping all over the place.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, September 14, 2017, 16:17 (2424 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Occasionally when I walk into a new region, the text describing the name is sometimes off format, and a small white box appears where it's supposed to be. Especially when crossing a Darkness Zone or a Lost Sector.

Bug Collection *Contains Post-Campaign Spoils*

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, September 15, 2017, 09:52 (2424 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Pretty minor stuff for the most part.

Graphical issue with a Wizard's cloak (Skip to 20s):

A Knight that kept respawning with almost no health:

And I seem to have broken one of those flying things by activating the blast deflectors at the wrong time:

The most annoying was probably when I got (I think) the audio from the end of the previous mission playing over the top of the intro to the current mission.

I'm also throwing in some things that are not bugs, but game design decisions that really bugged me. (Edit: Yeah. Totally didn't catch that pun until my 4th proofread. I'm leaving it in.)

This section goes from an intense moment of "gotta sneak my way out so I don't get murdered while I'm too crippled to fight back" to "Finally. My third and final five minute pointless slow-walk tour of the rubble" once you discover that there is no way to fail here aside from maybe setting your controller down and getting kicked for inactivity.

And this just pisses me off.

If you don't want me to go to a place, give me a logical, in-game reason I shouldn't be able to go there. If you don't want me to go into a room, don't animate and open door and all of the stuff in the room beyond the door AND THEN PUT A FSCKING INVISIBLE WALL IN THE OPENING!!!

Why? Why draw an open door there? Why not put a closed door there if you don't want people inside? If you really want people to see the room, maybe put a screen door on the opening instead. Something. ANYTHING that says something is physically preventing you from crossing this point.

Invisible walls are the laziest freaking thing in gaming and it pisses me off every time I encounter one.

/rant

-Disciple

Raid Bug *Raid SP*

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, September 15, 2017, 23:53 (2423 days ago) @ Kahzgul

So, this happened. Watch the vid and then go upvote on the bug report I made on Bungie.net so that they see it.

Our Light ran out just as the third Charge was dunked to finish the event. Apparently this caused a death loop that we could only get out of by going to orbit.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Sunday, October 01, 2017, 11:13 (2408 days ago) @ Kahzgul

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, October 01, 2017, 12:14 (2407 days ago) @ Vortech

https://twitter.com/simonjnewport/status/913985066614714368

Lol. Good to know I wasn't the only one.

Lingering temporary UI effects over gameplay (Crucible)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, October 02, 2017, 10:22 (2407 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I think I earned a Bright Engram for finishing a Challenge during a Crucible game, and the large yellow icon that appears briefly and then fades away simply...didn't. It persisted for the remaining 2/3 of the match, making sighting targets at range nearly impossible. I've heard of this happening to a few other folks I play with. Not super common, but completely kills the experience when it does.

~m

Lingering temporary UI effects over gameplay (Crucible)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, October 02, 2017, 10:50 (2407 days ago) @ Malagate

I think I earned a Bright Engram for finishing a Challenge during a Crucible game, and the large yellow icon that appears briefly and then fades away simply...didn't. It persisted for the remaining 2/3 of the match, making sighting targets at range nearly impossible. I've heard of this happening to a few other folks I play with. Not super common, but completely kills the experience when it does.

~m

It went away for me when I pulled up the menu, then exited.

Not me. Had to hit orbit.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, October 02, 2017, 11:05 (2407 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Fast Travel in the *SP*

by marmot 1333 @, Thursday, October 05, 2017, 10:32 (2404 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Here be spoilers if you haven't finished the campaign.

1) Fast Travel in the Tower

When I'm in the Tower already (Usually at Cayde, Ikora, or Suraya) I open the map and fast travel to the main Tower landing area. For a few seconds, I gain camera control on another player's guardian. There are still the attention markers displayed (<!> by Shaxx etc) on map. I can't control the direction the player runs in, but I can control where the camera looks. Usually it is a player that is at the Cryptarch or the Gunsmith. This seems reliably reproducable (AKA it has happened to me a lot). I first noticed it on Saturday, but I'm not sure if I had ever fast-travelled within the Tower before then.

2) Landed in the Tower by Ikora

This morning when I landed in the Tower (travelled from EDZ), I landed next to Ikora. At first I thought it was the above bug, then I realized it was actually my character and I just started in an unusual spot.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread