THAB 09/14/17 (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, September 14, 2017, 16:42 (2424 days ago)
edited by CyberKN, Thursday, September 14, 2017, 16:48

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46256

• Mild Raid Spoilers contained within (they are clearly labelled)
  • Competitive Matchmaking algorithm is getting tweaked
  • Kek

THAB 09/14/17

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, September 14, 2017, 17:31 (2424 days ago) @ CyberKN
edited by INSANEdrive, Thursday, September 14, 2017, 17:42

"Kek":

The design in question was initially created as part of gear foundry explorations in June of 2015.

As I said, everything gets logged.

Edit:

To date, the high watermark for the total number of players online at the same moment, battling aliens and making the world safe, is over 1.3 Million.

Wow.

THAB 09/14/17 - Snarky Summary

by Kahzgul, Thursday, September 14, 2017, 23:22 (2424 days ago) @ CyberKN

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46256

• Mild Raid Spoilers contained within (they are clearly labelled)
  • Competitive Matchmaking algorithm is getting tweaked
  • Kek

This pretty much sums it up.

So I'm just gonna take a minute to opine about the matchmaking algorithm. "Quickplay was designed to be quick." Ha. Hahaha. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Ahem. Ha. Seriously, the matchmaking is slower than a dead slug.

Yeah, not a lot to make fun of here. Slow day and all that. Carry on.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, September 15, 2017, 06:26 (2423 days ago) @ Kahzgul

No offense, K., but my hope is that there is less and less to make fun of and this dies. The battle against cynicism and snark is hard enough without it becoming institutionalized.

by Kahzgul, Friday, September 15, 2017, 09:18 (2423 days ago) @ Kermit

No offense, K., but my hope is that there is less and less to make fun of and this dies. The battle against cynicism and snark is hard enough without it becoming institutionalized.

I hope it dies, too. I started the summary because I wanted a summary of what was in the TWAB without actually having the click the link. If people keep posting summaries in the initial post like this, I won't need one.

The snark is because I like jokes. If there's a battle against jokes, I hope the anti-joke team loses badly. Cynicism is not the same as snark. Don't conflate a feeling that everything is falling apart for a desire to make fun of things.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, September 15, 2017, 09:29 (2423 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I hope it dies, too. I started the summary because I wanted a summary of what was in the TWAB without actually having the click the link. If people keep posting summaries in the initial post like this, I won't need one.

The snark is because I like jokes. If there's a battle against jokes, I hope the anti-joke team loses badly. Cynicism is not the same as snark. Don't conflate a feeling that everything is falling apart for a desire to make fun of things.

I like jokes, too. I'm a growly bear today. It's not you, it's me.

I will say it's nice to see so much excitement around here since launch. I guess we can thank Bungie for putting out a better game.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, September 15, 2017, 11:03 (2423 days ago) @ Kermit

I like jokes, too. I'm a growly bear today. It's not you, it's me.

I will say it's nice to see so much excitement around here since launch. I guess we can thank Bungie for putting out a better game.

I would like to note, that is seems to me that more and more in the day to day, you are a growly bear. That you have to make a note where you take an action, then apologize for your mood. It has me subtly concerned. I have no idea how on the mark I am on this observation, so make of this observation as you will.

Just old and cranky

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, September 15, 2017, 11:59 (2423 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

No worries, dude. I hope you feel better!

by Kahzgul, Saturday, September 16, 2017, 03:07 (2422 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

THAB 09/14/17 - Be excellent to each other.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, September 15, 2017, 07:34 (2423 days ago) @ CyberKN

Be excellent to each other. I fully support this as a motto to live by, but I also enjoy the Bill & Ted references dropped by Bungie.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread