Xur is back (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, September 15, 2017, 03:06 (2424 days ago)
edited by bluerunner, Friday, September 15, 2017, 03:11

He's in Watcher's Grave on Nessus. He's selling:
- Merciless (but why waste your exotic spot on a power weapon) -29 shards
- Raiden Flux -23 shards
-Doom Gang Pauldron -23 shards
- Wings of Sacred Dawn - 23 shards

Xur

by ProbablyLast, Friday, September 15, 2017, 03:39 (2424 days ago) @ bluerunner

Fusion rifle seems to be good. Exotic armors are probably good but I don't use Sentinel and haven't made another character yet.

I bought everything because I've barely played the game and had more than enough shards to do so. If I ever make alts these will be good for infusion.

Xur

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, September 15, 2017, 04:31 (2424 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

That fusion does really good dps on bosses. Couple it with a hunter reload dodge and you've got an awesome boss burner. Hence my year 1 Gjallarhorn joke.

Xur is back

by huemonbeing, Friday, September 15, 2017, 05:34 (2424 days ago) @ bluerunner

My Graviton Lance coupled with Lincoln Green has severed me very well. Even with both being pulse rifles it's given me good choices for close and down range targets.

Xur is back

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, September 15, 2017, 09:19 (2423 days ago) @ huemonbeing

My Graviton Lance coupled with Lincoln Green has severed me very well. Even with both being pulse rifles it's given me good choices for close and down range targets.

Before I discovered Origin Story, this (plus Hawthorne's shotgun) was how I rolled.
Lincoln Green for close-mid-range encounters, Graviton Lance for the big guys or the ones at long range. Both in PvE and PvP, they're a great combo.

Pro Tip: visit Xur with your highest level character

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, September 15, 2017, 06:04 (2423 days ago) @ bluerunner

I went to see Xur with my 285 Titan, and everything he was selling was at level 270.

I went back with my baby Warlock (level 11, power ~110) and Xur's items were all 215.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, September 15, 2017, 06:10 (2423 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I was wondering about that. I went with my 282 hunter and everything is 270. I wonder if that's the max. Still, you can buy for all classes and pass them over for infusion fuel since you can't infuse different class armor now.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, September 15, 2017, 06:15 (2423 days ago) @ bluerunner

Still, you can buy for all classes and pass them over for infusion fuel since you can't infuse different class armor now.

Yeah, exactly what I did.

Is there a level requirement for the weapon?

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Friday, September 15, 2017, 17:33 (2423 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Xur is back

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, September 15, 2017, 06:44 (2423 days ago) @ bluerunner
edited by Ragashingo, Friday, September 15, 2017, 07:35

- Raiden Flux -23 shards
-Doom Gang Pauldron -23 shards
- Wings of Sacred Dawn - 23 shards

Merciless is a surprisingly powerful heavy. Every time you fire it and don't get a kill it charges up a bit faster on the next trigger pull. On a boss this means it's almost like firing a shotgun as you get into the second half of the magazine.

Doom Fang Pauldrons are actually a solid choice for a Sentinel for PvE for sure but also a bit for PVP. The way they work, every time you get a kill with the close range "shield bash" attack while in Super it will recharge your shield throw. While not in Super a charged melee kill recharges your Super a good bit more vs a normal kill. The reason these are good is if you get surrounded by adds you can throw your shield one direction, bash a close enemy, throw, bash, throw, bash, throw. Very powerful. It can be good in the Crucible as well. I would not have gotten this 3rd shield throw if not for the Doom Fangs:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Ragashingo/video/36361839

Raiden Flux is pretty good at extending your Arc Hunter's super. Each kill boosts a multiplier up to 3x which significantly extends your Super.

No idea on the Wings of Sacred Dawn. That there's Warlock stuff. I'm sure one of those scholars will be happy to tell you about them... in the safety of a library reading alcove... far from any real danger.

Very helpful

by Oholiab @, Friday, September 15, 2017, 06:54 (2423 days ago) @ Ragashingo

And I chuckled at your Warkock commentary.

"It's funny because it's true"

Wings of Sacred Dawn

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 15, 2017, 09:19 (2423 days ago) @ Ragashingo

If you're using Dawnblade, it just gives you the old hover ability if you aim down sights while on the air. It was helpful during an exotic quest step that requires you to get airborne kills with an SMG, but other than that, it's not that useful and it's an ugly chest piece. It's also one of the mod campaign exotics you can choose, so I guess if you haven't started a Warlock yet, go ahead and buy it so you can pick something else when you get to that point.

Wings of Sacred Dawn

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, September 15, 2017, 10:01 (2423 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It was helpful during an exotic quest step that requires you to get airborne kills with an SMG...

SGA: Standing on a box, or a rock, or pretty much anything that you wouldn't think of as being part of the ground counts as "airborne." I got most of mine done standing on rock for the last part of a heroic glimmer drill event.

-Disciple

Top tip. Thanks!

by Funkmon @, Friday, September 15, 2017, 10:04 (2423 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

|33t hax! :D

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, September 15, 2017, 12:16 (2423 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

That's really good to know and also...

by FaerieFire, Monday, September 18, 2017, 20:01 (2420 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Stupid. Really stupid....sometimes Bungie...I just don't know what to do with you.

Xur is back

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, September 15, 2017, 10:55 (2423 days ago) @ Ragashingo

No idea on the Wings of Sacred Dawn. That there's Warlock stuff. I'm sure one of those scholars will be happy to tell you about them... in the safety of a library reading alcove... far from any real danger.

LOL. Warlocks ARE the danger. The exotic through is not. Why? Because it involves the current iteration of the Super known as Dawnblade. Also because it only adds more lift to the aim, which Dawnblade already has as a perk ("Winged Sun" - in the "Attunement of the Sky" tree). This perk is actually arguably better as you are a moving target vs a still one with this exotic perk. In the open. This exotic does give you the option technically to let you select the set of perks - ugh - in the "Attunement of the Flame" that can get you out of dodge, with Phoenix Dive. So there is that option, I guess.

Meh.

Xur might be staying longer

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, September 15, 2017, 08:12 (2423 days ago) @ bluerunner

Xur is back

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, September 15, 2017, 10:03 (2423 days ago) @ bluerunner

You know what's funny is that Merciless is the D2 equivalent of Gjallarhorn when it comes to bosses (even the Ornament that I got for it turns it all white and gold, so make of that what you will).

It was one of the first exotic drops I got

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, September 15, 2017, 10:28 (2423 days ago) @ Korny

And I rarely don't have it equipped during strikes or raiding. It's really good and really fun.

Curses!!!

by Durandal, Friday, September 15, 2017, 14:51 (2423 days ago) @ bluerunner

Mercyless has dropped for me 3 times, it's a bit frustrating.

Curses!!!

by Claude Errera @, Friday, September 15, 2017, 17:51 (2423 days ago) @ Durandal

Mercyless has dropped for me 3 times, it's a bit frustrating.

lol - that's almost more times than the total number of exotic weapons that have dropped for me! You've got pretty good luck, I think. :)

Gah

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, September 15, 2017, 15:23 (2423 days ago) @ bluerunner

I'll be unable to play until sometime Monday. I did have a window where I could have visited him this morning, but I completely forgot.

Gah

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 15, 2017, 16:08 (2423 days ago) @ stabbim

Rumor is he might stick around until the reset. Just saw it in passing on Reddit, so I have no idea where that info came from or how legitimate it might be.

Gah

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, September 15, 2017, 16:13 (2423 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Rumor is he might stick around until the reset. Just saw it in passing on Reddit, so I have no idea where that info came from or how legitimate it might be.

This morning bungie.net said he would be there through the 19th. Weirdly, they now have next week's schedule listed. I'm sure that's a glitch.

Gah

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, September 15, 2017, 19:05 (2423 days ago) @ Kermit

This morning bungie.net said he would be there through the 19th. Weirdly, they now have next week's schedule listed. I'm sure that's a glitch.

Fixed. Now it says through the 19th again.

Gah

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, September 15, 2017, 20:46 (2423 days ago) @ Kermit

Oh sweet, thanks guys. I should have a good chunk of Monday off work to play.

A little disappointed . . .

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 15, 2017, 17:12 (2423 days ago) @ bluerunner

That he has a map icon.

I get that it's convenient and player-friendly, but it could have been neat to hunt him down.

That's my one complaint about Destiny 2 so far. It's absolutely incredible, but it really feels like all the mystery and wonder is gone--everything is just laid out for the player. Maybe that's smart for the long term, and I'm sure there's secret stuff no one has encountered yet, but something just feels a little off about it. Maybe that's just the nature of a sequel not completely capture the magic of an original, I dunno.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, September 15, 2017, 17:54 (2423 days ago) @ cheapLEY

That he has a map icon.

I get that it's convenient and player-friendly, but it could have been neat to hunt him down.

That's my one complaint about Destiny 2 so far. It's absolutely incredible, but it really feels like all the mystery and wonder is gone--everything is just laid out for the player. Maybe that's smart for the long term, and I'm sure there's secret stuff no one has encountered yet, but something just feels a little off about it. Maybe that's just the nature of a sequel not completely capture the magic of an original, I dunno.

Yeah... no thanks. After 3 years of hunting him down every week in D1, I'm pretty happy to simply know where he is. Usually, it's more of a 'crap, I need to buy stuff from Xur before the reset - where the hell is he?' - I'm not in the mood for a hunt. (After a while, I simply loaded whereisxur.com because I didn't have the time to find him.)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 15, 2017, 18:08 (2423 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Yeah... no thanks. After 3 years of hunting him down every week in D1, I'm pretty happy to simply know where he is. Usually, it's more of a 'crap, I need to buy stuff from Xur before the reset - where the hell is he?' - I'm not in the mood for a hunt. (After a while, I simply loaded whereisxur.com because I didn't have the time to find him.)

I mean, I did the same thing. After a few weeks, I wouldn't bother hunting him down and just look it up.

I get why they did it, I just like the mystery sometimes.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, September 15, 2017, 18:12 (2423 days ago) @ cheapLEY

That he has a map icon.

I'm hoping the magic is to come with regularly updated content. Your comment reminds me of something one of the guys on the split screen podcast said. He wondered if because D2 is a better game, it will be a less interesting game. He admitted that he found complicated, somewhat flawed things interesting.

I'm just sad I haven't had time to play other than completing the campaign on one character. And I'm probably not going to have much time to play this weekend. It's been a little frustrating. I'm behind! I've got Destiny stuff to do! I miss my friends!

Sigh.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 15, 2017, 18:21 (2423 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm hoping the magic is to come with regularly updated content. Your comment reminds me of something one of the guys on the split screen podcast said. He wondered if because D2 is a better game, it will be a less interesting game. He admitted that he found complicated, somewhat flawed things interesting.

Yeah, I thought that was pretty interesting, and I don't think he's necessarily wrong.

I'm just sad I haven't had time to play other than completing the campaign on one character. And I'm probably not going to have much time to play this weekend. It's been a little frustrating. I'm behind! I've got Destiny stuff to do! I miss my friends!

I'm eagerly awaiting your transition to PS4 once you're done with the raid on Xbox. (:

Sigh.

):

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, September 15, 2017, 18:59 (2423 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'm eagerly awaiting your transition to PS4 once you're done with the raid on Xbox. (:

Me too, pal.

Kerm we could use you for the PS4 Blind raid on 22nd

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Friday, September 15, 2017, 19:37 (2423 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by Pyromancy, Friday, September 15, 2017, 19:46

Sorry, I know it probably sucks to be torn between two platforms.

(In my opinion) Seems like half the folks that signed up aren't even blind anymore, the other half can't make the date/time

I might have to bow out of the 22nd and wait to see if something else pops up later, but as time goes on the amount of blind raiders goes down precipitously

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 15, 2017, 20:16 (2423 days ago) @ Pyromancy

(In my opinion) Seems like half the folks that signed up aren't even blind anymore, the other half can't make the date/time

I might have to bow out of the 22nd and wait to see if something else pops up later, but as time goes on the amount of blind raiders goes down precipitously

I'm sorry about that, genuinely. My event only had the two of us and I found myself ready much sooner than I anticipated, so I jumped into Cody's event when I had the chance.

I'm willing to raid with folks, and I am totally willing to do it with a blind group and keep my mouth shut and just follow directions, but I know that's not an ideal situation for anyone.

No apologies necessary

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Friday, September 15, 2017, 23:16 (2423 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'm sorry about that, genuinely. My event only had the two of us and I found myself ready much sooner than I anticipated, so I jumped into Cody's event when I had the chance.

I'm willing to raid with folks, and I am totally willing to do it with a blind group and keep my mouth shut and just follow directions, but I know that's not an ideal situation for anyone.

Seriously no apologies necessary. Everyone has their freedom to play at their own pace that works for them and their schedule. Joining any event, at any time, is their prerogative. No need to feel bad at all.

Yeah, a Non-blind raiding with the blind certainly is not an ideal situation for anyone. It can unconsciously/consciously change the entire dynamic of the fireteam and fight.
Based on your post history I think I can trust that you would not spill the beans, but not everyone can be trusted to handle that kind of responsibility.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 06:58 (2419 days ago) @ Pyromancy

So sorry, guys. I haven't done anything more than play one mission on the PS4. I might get back to it soon when I'm convinced I have the level and whatnot that I need to properly raid with my Xbox character. Again, Xbox got the nod in that I started out with a fireteam of 4 who were committed to doing it late (which was/is attractive to me), and getting the last two people was not that difficult.

by naturl selexion, Friday, September 15, 2017, 20:04 (2423 days ago) @ cheapLEY

That he has a map icon.

That would have been cruel. It's one thing to try a few different places in the tower, quite another to search on several different worlds - just to find him up in a tree.

Here's a pun for Stuntmutt:

by Kahzgul, Saturday, September 16, 2017, 03:02 (2423 days ago) @ bluerunner

Where do the Nine keep their loot?

They keep their treasure on a tree Xur!

by Stuntmutt, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 01:15 (2420 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Hang on, let me just write that down...

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 12:19 (2419 days ago) @ Stuntmutt

I'm honored!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread