Is clan XP capped? (Destiny)

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Friday, September 15, 2017, 16:15 (2423 days ago)

Is the total clan XP capped per week so no matter how much I or new guys contribute it won't go higher until next week? I know individual contributions are capped at 5000.

Is clan XP capped?

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, September 15, 2017, 16:56 (2423 days ago) @ CougRon

Yes. It appears to be capped (currently at least) at 100,000 per week.

The amount of XP needed to level up the clan also increases at each level (100,000 to hit level one, 125,000 to hit level two, and so on...)

Is clan XP capped?

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Friday, September 15, 2017, 17:59 (2423 days ago) @ Speedracer513

That seems like an absurdly low number. It means only 20 people are contributing this week

Is clan XP capped?

by naturl selexion, Friday, September 15, 2017, 19:08 (2423 days ago) @ CougRon

That seems like an absurdly low number. It means only 20 people are contributing this week

Only if those 20 people each got to their full XP before anyone else contributed. You can contribute 5,000 XP per character, so each person could contribute as much as 15,000 XP.

Is clan XP capped?

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Friday, September 15, 2017, 19:30 (2423 days ago) @ CougRon

Without a cap there'd be no reason to be in a small clan, and eventually the gap between the largest clan and the others would be so great that you'd be a fool not to join the single largest clan in the game, just for the purposes of getting the most rewards possible.

In fact, what that really means is that it's not worth having a clan unless you can get it to 20 people :(

Is clan XP capped?

by naturl selexion, Friday, September 15, 2017, 19:36 (2423 days ago) @ narcogen

In fact, what that really means is that it's not worth having a clan unless you can get it to 20 people :(

Realistically, 40 people would be a good minimum (thinking of the months to come), and the max is only 100.

Is clan XP capped?

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 15, 2017, 20:00 (2423 days ago) @ narcogen

I think that's intentional. It sort of sucks, but it makes sense.

They want to encourage folks to join large, active clans, as that's what will help Guided Games the most. They want to discourage everyone from making a clan with two or three of their friends.

Is clan XP capped?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, September 16, 2017, 12:22 (2422 days ago) @ narcogen

Except, you’re forgetting that there’s a cap on rewards as well. Even if you have the most enormous clan bringing in all of the experience in the world every week it’s only going to make so much practical difference since there’s only a few levels of reward tiers anyway. Ultimately, the size of the clan will just determine how quickly you get to the reward cap.

Is clan XP capped?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, September 16, 2017, 13:57 (2422 days ago) @ narcogen

It's actually a 5000 cap per character, meaning you need 20 characters to hit the cap, which could be as few as 7 people!

Is clan XP capped?

by Oholiab @, Friday, September 15, 2017, 20:41 (2423 days ago) @ CougRon

Interesting:

In game, I'm still earning clan XP - I get that fancy message on the right side of the screen. However, because the clan hit the cap before I even started playing this week, my clan stats (on the app) show me as not contributing!

Is clan XP capped?

by naturl selexion, Friday, September 15, 2017, 20:46 (2423 days ago) @ Oholiab

Interesting:

In game, I'm still earning clan XP - I get that fancy message on the right side of the screen. However, because the clan hit the cap before I even started playing this week, my clan stats (on the app) show me as not contributing!

I assumed that message came when someone else in the clan had earned some XP. The messages usually did not correlate to anything I had done.

Is clan XP capped?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Saturday, September 16, 2017, 06:57 (2422 days ago) @ naturl selexion

Same. I think the first one I noticed was when I was just standing still at The Farm doing nothing.

Is clan XP capped?

by Kahzgul, Saturday, September 16, 2017, 03:04 (2423 days ago) @ CougRon

I mean, my clan only has 13 members so...

Thanks for letting me mooch rewards, guys.

by ProbablyLast, Sunday, September 17, 2017, 00:35 (2422 days ago) @ CougRon

I can't bring myself to run strikes with randoms and the adventures put me on life-tilt.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread