For those having issues at the Pleasure Gardens *VIDEO fixed (Destiny)

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Monday, September 18, 2017, 08:34 (2420 days ago)
edited by ChrisTheeCrappy, Monday, September 18, 2017, 09:08

Here is a video on how to do in 1 phase. Seems simple, and is close to what our group was trying. It has a map too.

Why is it a picture of 6 Titans?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, September 18, 2017, 09:05 (2420 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

But seriously, just use 6 Titans :D

I don't understand.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, September 18, 2017, 09:18 (2420 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Everyone everywhere is complaining about this encounter. I can understand not liking it, but I genuinely don't understand why folks seem to have so much trouble with it.

I don't understand.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, September 18, 2017, 09:51 (2420 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Everyone everywhere is complaining about this encounter. I can understand not liking it, but I genuinely don't understand why folks seem to have so much trouble with it.

Same. Sure it took us a while, but it was all because of optimisation in execution. It's not a demanding room, and heck, I even broke our strategy when I flat-out bolted to the Mid-Right flower, and it worked out fine (and it helped get us our 48x stack). I was never frustrated with the encounter itself, despite hearing beforehand that it was the toughest one.

I don't understand.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, September 18, 2017, 09:54 (2420 days ago) @ Korny

Same. Sure it took us a while, but it was all because of optimisation in execution. It's not a demanding room, and heck, I even broke our strategy when I flat-out bolted to the Mid-Right flower, and it worked out fine (and it helped get us our 48x stack). I was never frustrated with the encounter itself, despite hearing beforehand that it was the toughest one.

It does seem to be one of the easiest ones once you figure out how to do it.

I don't understand.

by Kahzgul, Monday, September 18, 2017, 14:08 (2420 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It does seem to be one of the easiest ones once you figure out how to do it.

I agree. It took a little experimentation to get the mechanics down, but your DPS almost doesn't matter (not as much as, say, the baths), and it's nowhere near as obtuse as the Gauntlet.

Never underestimate the power of the weakest link.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, September 18, 2017, 09:57 (2420 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Also the clock. That too.

I don't understand.

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Monday, September 18, 2017, 10:48 (2420 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It was more the execution. As InsaneDrive stated, there is a timer as well. Our team had a terrible time not being spotted. So we only ever got to 36x one time. This won't help that team, but its also a good way for quick execution.

I don't understand.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, September 18, 2017, 11:11 (2420 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

It was more the execution. As InsaneDrive stated, there is a timer as well. Our team had a terrible time not being spotted. So we only ever got to 36x one time. This won't help that team, but its also a good way for quick execution.

If you get to x36, focus on weakening all the dogs but not killing them in that round. The timer is shortened based on how many dogs are alive. So if you weaken them but kill none, you get full time next round. Then, with all the dogs weak, killing them should be easy. That was actually our plan, but we got the buff so high and were so good, we killed four the first round by mistake.

I don't understand.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, September 18, 2017, 12:04 (2420 days ago) @ Cody Miller

If you get to x36, focus on weakening all the dogs but not killing them in that round. The timer is shortened based on how many dogs are alive. So if you weaken them but kill none, you get full time next round. Then, with all the dogs weak, killing them should be easy. That was actually our plan, but we got the buff so high and were so good, we killed four the first round by mistake.

We got x36 ONCE. Our Average was x12. Also the ground team would keep panicking and split up. Ours kept crouch walking, but in these clips people are going around running or moving briskly with a purpose. Ours was a much more ad-libbed affair. If we had the ability to see the timer, it might have gone far more smoothly, but since we couldn't, and we're in blind, there was a continual building dread to the unknowns of how much more time was left. This would cause moments where people would make a silent judgement call and risk it all. Sometimes it worked, mostly it didn't.

On the other end, sometimes those with the crystal would miss the adds coming out of the doors and that would cause trouble for the ground game.

No one was really on point. We had an idea of the game, but a not a system to play; try as we did. Which is too bad, as we were doing all in all quite well intill we got to this part.

I don't understand.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, September 18, 2017, 12:21 (2420 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I doubt you can kill all six dogs in 4 rounds averaging x12. That's only ONE time with the flower.

I don't understand.

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Monday, September 18, 2017, 12:59 (2420 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Yea, as we said, it was not going well. We couldn't NOT be seen or we would hit the timer after only 24x. It was not pretty.

I don't understand.

by Kahzgul, Monday, September 18, 2017, 14:22 (2420 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

It sounds like you guys haven't really figured it out yet. Try moving as a group of 4 and have the two prism wielders direct you as to where to go and when in order to get you to the flowers. we use callouts like L1, L2, L3 (for the left hand flowers, going around the room away from the safe room, clockwise) and R1, R2, R3 for right hand flowers (again, going away from the saferoom, so counterclockwise) and then "forest" and "rocks" for the last two flowers. The dogs follow very predictable patrol paths and they can't hear. They also only see in line of sight, so it's possible if you're spotted to duck around a corner before they catch you and not trigger the howling (though I do not recommend making this your primary strategy). The prism holders cannot be seen while standing in the pools of light, but some of the transition points can be seen by the dogs, so you need to watch for that.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. This was a really easy fight for my team once we got a handle on the mechanics. Don't kill any dogs until you're ready to kill all of the dogs. We found swords to be tremendously effective at dpsing the dogs. Once you run out of heavy ammo, pop your super.

My job was left side prism holder, so I know that side really well. For L1 and L2, just hug the left hand wall and avoid the one dog that paths back and forth between L1 and forest. There's also a dog that paths from L3 to L2, but he's almost never an issue since his patrol path is so long. For forest, just go straight there from right right hand side door of the safe room (unintuitive, but much safer and just as fast). For L3, go to forest first, and then go towards L2 before turning right to L3. You can also path very quickly between forest and rocks.

I don't understand.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, September 18, 2017, 15:05 (2420 days ago) @ Kahzgul

It sounds like you guys haven't really figured it out yet. Try moving as a group of 4 and have the two prism wielders direct you as to where to go and when in order to get you to the flowers. we use callouts like L1, L2, L3 (for the left hand flowers, going around the room away from the safe room, clockwise) and R1, R2, R3 for right hand flowers (again, going away from the saferoom, so counterclockwise) and then "forest" and "rocks" for the last two flowers. The dogs follow very predictable patrol paths and they can't hear. They also only see in line of sight, so it's possible if you're spotted to duck around a corner before they catch you and not trigger the howling (though I do not recommend making this your primary strategy). The prism holders cannot be seen while standing in the pools of light, but some of the transition points can be seen by the dogs, so you need to watch for that.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. This was a really easy fight for my team once we got a handle on the mechanics. Don't kill any dogs until you're ready to kill all of the dogs. We found swords to be tremendously effective at dpsing the dogs. Once you run out of heavy ammo, pop your super.

My job was left side prism holder, so I know that side really well. For L1 and L2, just hug the left hand wall and avoid the one dog that paths back and forth between L1 and forest. There's also a dog that paths from L3 to L2, but he's almost never an issue since his patrol path is so long. For forest, just go straight there from right right hand side door of the safe room (unintuitive, but much safer and just as fast). For L3, go to forest first, and then go towards L2 before turning right to L3. You can also path very quickly between forest and rocks.

No. We got it. Can't blame the observation through. It's the movement on the board. As I said, we weren't on point. If we had a timer, I have no doubt things would have gone smoother.

I don't understand.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, September 18, 2017, 16:43 (2420 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

It shortens your timer in the gardening phase, but we were finding out that killing the dog that is immediately to the left (if you're in the safe room facing out--the one next to the pillar) helps quite a bit. It makes activating the pollen on that side of the room really easy for the most part, and reduces a lot of waiting, since his path is pretty long and there's not much you can do get around him.

I don't understand.

by Kahzgul, Monday, September 18, 2017, 17:13 (2420 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

No. We got it. Can't blame the observation through. It's the movement on the board. As I said, we weren't on point. If we had a timer, I have no doubt things would have gone smoother.

Hmm. What we did was have a leader who knows the path, and everyone else just follows them. It sounds like your team didn't want to stay together as a group?

I don't understand.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, September 18, 2017, 14:18 (2420 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

According to this we could have one phased it with just a 24x multiplier.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/70unip/possible_to_1_phase_pleasure_gardens_with_x24

Or Better yet...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, September 18, 2017, 09:59 (2420 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Watch "The Legend Himself" do it with 4 people.

We used scout rifles (Nameless Midnight, Manannan, Call to Serve), hand cannons (Better Devils, The Old Fashioned, Annual Skate), and the exotics Wardcliff Coil or Merciless just about exclusively. As far as character builds go we tried to use Celestial Nighthawks with our two hunters and roaming supers for our Titan and Warlock. That's about it!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread