lol (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Monday, September 18, 2017, 15:47 (2420 days ago)

lol

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, September 18, 2017, 15:54 (2420 days ago) @ Claude Errera

http://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/gamers-furious-arcade-machine-introduces-25-cent-

It's only funny when you are completely ignorant of the game design choices that Arcade games used vs console or PC games.

lol

by electricpirate @, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 09:45 (2420 days ago) @ Cody Miller

http://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/gamers-furious-arcade-machine-introduces-25-cent-

It's only funny when you are completely ignorant of the game design choices that Arcade games used vs console or PC games.

nah it's still funny.

IT'S A CONSPIRACY! LOL.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, September 18, 2017, 16:00 (2420 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

So good. I remember those days.

by Kahzgul, Monday, September 18, 2017, 16:24 (2420 days ago) @ Claude Errera

It cost me nearly $12 to beat the Terminator 2 arcade game for the first time.

And then there was Space Lords, which I could play for 5 hours on $0.75. That game probable caused the company to go belly up.

Street Fighter 2 was a cash cow for arcades. Someone put in $0.25 every two minutes.

lol

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, September 18, 2017, 18:00 (2420 days ago) @ Claude Errera

[image]

and it's all this guys fault, seeing all those kids at the airport pumping quarters into a game called Pong.

Gather round, kiddies.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 07:26 (2420 days ago) @ Claude Errera

In the early 80s this teenager worked in a record store. We did a promotion for the album featuring the song "Pac Man Fever." For the duration of this promotion we set up a table-top Pac Man machine in the front area of our store through an arrangement with a local arcade. It was so popular/profitable that we got two more machines set up in the back on a more permanent basis. Those were Zaxxon and Kick-Man. The latter was pretty good (think a combination of Space Invaders and Tetris featuring a clown on a unicycle and balloons), but my real love was Zaxxon. Several of got into the habit of playing our entire lunch or dinner break, after wolfing down a sandwich in two minutes. I got pretty good at Zaxxon. Our dirty secret was that we'd use a magic marker to put our initials on the quarters we used, and we'd get our money back at the end of the night. Screw you, microtransactions!

Gather round, kiddies.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 08:43 (2420 days ago) @ Kermit

Oh god, Zaxxon...Please tell me you checked the cabinet first!

Ugh.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 13:46 (2419 days ago) @ Morpheus

[image]

Geeze Morph. Know your audience.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 14:41 (2419 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

I feel prompted to explain that my UN predates this show...

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 16:59 (2419 days ago) @ Morpheus
edited by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 17:02

It's actually a reference to Clerks: the Animated Series.

And to those who think I should change it because something else came along and was more popular:

[image]

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread