*SP*Hey, DBO PS4 — Check out Hawthorne for your Raid Engram! (Destiny)

by zumphry ⌂ @, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 01:24 (2420 days ago)

Hey all, some of us finally got the Raid done! You still have a little bit to grab your engram!

[image]

[image]

Final roster:
iamisom (DBO)
Larronos_Smythe
GDS0Ronin
Sniperwolf44VA
AreiosX (DBO)
Me (DBO)

And those who helped:
Argent_17 (DBO)
MunKy-058 (DBO)
CruelLEGACEY (DBO)
Huggernaut
and anyone else I'm forgetting at 4:24 am...

*SP*Hey, DBO PS4 — Check out Hawthorne for your Raid Engram!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 01:38 (2420 days ago) @ zumphry

Hey all, some of us finally got the Raid done! You still have a little bit to grab your engram!

[image]

[image]

That last shot's great, especially considering that it sounded like you set it up in seconds.

Final roster:
iamisom (DBO)
Larronos_Smythe
GDS0Ronin
Sniperwolf44VA
AreiosX (DBO)
Me (DBO)

Thanks and congrats!
You guys did a great job keeping it together throughout. Definitely a level-headed and patient bunch; I was (silently) rooting for you guys all the way.

And those who helped:
Argent_17 (DBO)
MunKy-058 (DBO)
CruelLEGACEY (DBO)
Huggernaut

I guess moral support counts as helping! :)
Thanks for the Raid SMG!

*SP*Hey, DBO PS4 — Check out Hawthorne for your Raid Engram!

by zumphry ⌂ @, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 03:52 (2420 days ago) @ Korny

Thanks and congrats!
You guys did a great job keeping it together throughout. Definitely a level-headed and patient bunch; I was (silently) rooting for you guys all the way.

And those who helped:
Argent_17 (DBO)
MunKy-058 (DBO)
CruelLEGACEY (DBO)
Huggernaut

I guess moral support counts as helping! :)
Thanks for the Raid SMG!

Thank you, and of course it does! I forget what exactly you said but it saved us (maybe not to punch the Orb Dudes before the Face Phase?)

I'm now at 295/296, though if I got rid of a few exotics I could probably "cheat" my way to 298ish, but I'll keep the exotics high even though I don't use anything but MIDA.

Congrats!

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 04:51 (2420 days ago) @ zumphry

We were so close several times last night. Cody has to run and I was just tired of doing the same part of the same boss for that many hours. Maybe we can get it this week.

Too bad I wasn't able to grab the engram before reset. Bummer bungie.

Congrats!

by zumphry ⌂ @, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 05:42 (2420 days ago) @ TheeChaos

We were so close several times last night. Cody has to run and I was just tired of doing the same part of the same boss for that many hours. Maybe we can get it this week.

Too bad I wasn't able to grab the engram before reset. Bummer bungie.

I was watching your team's stream while waiting for our's to get on and after looking away for a minute or two y'all went from about a 1/3rd left to a full reset.

I forget what Korny/Munky said was the reason, but I wouldn't be surprised if a Psion spawned in already halfway through the purple jump blast action, or someone's barrier decided to just fling them away. Most of our failed runs were due to those, or to throne room getting swarmed.

I dread knowing what Prestige Mode will be.

Congrats!

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 11:55 (2419 days ago) @ zumphry

I was watching your team's stream while waiting for our's to get on and after looking away for a minute or two y'all went from about a 1/3rd left to a full reset.

I forget what Korny/Munky said was the reason, but I wouldn't be surprised if a Psion spawned in already halfway through the purple jump blast action, or someone's barrier decided to just fling them away. Most of our failed runs were due to those, or to throne room getting swarmed.

Yep, The Psions would do just that. Super Annoying. We only wiped for other reasons a handful of times. Scout Rifle is the way to go there. Its also better to jump over the Psion effect than let it hit you, youll catch the next wall.

*SP* Do we all get the same thing?

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 06:20 (2420 days ago) @ zumphry

Just curious if everyone gets the same loot or if the engrams are random.

My clan raid engram was Sins of the Past rocket launcher.

I got the Conspirator. Scout Rifle.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 12:50 (2419 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

I have a question

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 07:02 (2420 days ago) @ zumphry

Congrats to all!

Maybe this is dumb question, but why should anyone lose a earned reward just because they fail to pick it up before the reset? That seems like a new and not very sensical mechanic.

I have a question

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 07:12 (2420 days ago) @ Kermit

Congrats to all!

Maybe this is dumb question, but why should anyone lose a earned reward just because they fail to pick it up before the reset? That seems like a new and not very sensical mechanic.

My guess is the hard reset nature of getting rewards weekly on a schedule. I think of it no differently as doing nightfall, you miss it one week, you miss it.

I have a question

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 07:31 (2420 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Congrats to all!

My guess is the hard reset nature of getting rewards weekly on a schedule. I think of it no differently as doing nightfall, you miss it one week, you miss it.

That's not the same thing. You haven't earned anything in that case. The only time drops were taken away from vendors in D1 was when ran out of space at the postmaster. Based on Speedracer's post, it's the same now.

I have a question

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 07:38 (2420 days ago) @ Kermit

Congrats to all!

That's not the same thing. You haven't earned anything in that case. The only time drops were taken away from vendors in D1 was when ran out of space at the postmaster. Based on Speedracer's post, it's the same now.

To use Bungie's analogy of football ring. If you don't show up to get your ring, you don't get your ring.

I understand what you are saying. But it's still slightly different because these are clan rewards, not rewards that you technically earned by picking up. It's the bonus for being in a clan. So if you don't collect the bonus reward, you don't get it. Makes total sense to me.

I have a question

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 07:50 (2420 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I understand what you are saying. But it's still slightly different because these are clan rewards, not rewards that you technically earned by picking up. It's the bonus for being in a clan. So if you don't collect the bonus reward, you don't get it. Makes total sense to me.

I think they have to do this, otherwise when people stop playing, they will end up with a huge stockpile of engrams building up.

I have a question

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 07:52 (2420 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I think they have to do this, otherwise when people stop playing, they will end up with a huge stockpile of engrams building up.

Okay, who's right? Speedracer or you guys?

I have a question

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 08:12 (2420 days ago) @ Kermit

My bet is on speedracer. He's a smart guy.

I have a question

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 08:28 (2420 days ago) @ Kermit

sorry, i was just going off what was already believed in the thread. i hadn't seen speedracer's post yet. I will be happy if he's correct, but totally understand why it might be the other way.

Award vs Reward AKA Use it or Lose it

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 08:36 (2420 days ago) @ Kermit

According to a Google:

"An award is a prize given to somebody for accomplishing something rare. A reward is an acknowledgement given to somebody for his efforts."

When you complete the Raid you are awarded sweet gear.
By being in the same clan you are rewarded sweet gear.

As in

The raiders get the AWARD, other clan mates put in some effort too, so they get a REWARD. If you don't come to claim your reward, it goes away.

Seems fair to me.

+1

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 08:42 (2420 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

#Speedracerwasright

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 09:06 (2420 days ago) @ Kermit

I logged in at approx 8:20am PDT.

There was a Clan Raid reward waiting for me.

It dropped at 10 light.

I have a question

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 09:45 (2420 days ago) @ Kermit

Me. Always me. And don't ever doubt me again Mr. K.

I have a question

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 10:11 (2420 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Me. Always me. And don't ever doubt me again Mr. K.

It was a rhetorical question. :)

:-)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 10:13 (2420 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

I have a question

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 08:00 (2420 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Congrats to all!

To use Bungie's analogy of football ring. If you don't show up to get your ring, you don't get your ring.

Clan rewards are, by definition, earned by all clan members based on the actions of some clan members. You can't say that they aren't earned.

I have a question

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 08:11 (2420 days ago) @ Kermit

Congrats to all!

Clan rewards are, by definition, earned by all clan members based on the actions of some clan members. You can't say that they aren't earned.

Okay, I mean they aren't earned in the traditional sense. It's like doing a public event, it's a group effort that you may or may not have participated in. But you only get the final reward if you open the chest :D

I have a question

by zumphry ⌂ @, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 16:26 (2419 days ago) @ Kermit

Yeah, as someone who "earned" the engram by beating the raid, I'm relieved and happily surprised the clan engram is still able to be claimed, especially since we made sure to have at least half of the team be DBO. Was slightly bitter to finally beat the raid and think we'd be the only ones to get anything due to finishing so close to the weekly reset — the other team(s) banged their heads against the same wall we did, too.

We're all in the same clan, we help each other all the time (heck, our team's lineup can attest to this), why shouldn't the other people get an engram? Frankly, not to get too political, things would be better if we shared resources communally more.

I have a question

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 18:23 (2419 days ago) @ zumphry

I agree.

I listened to Datto bitch and moan about it on some Destiny podcast or another. People bitching about others being able to get raid/trials gear out of clan engrams come off looking like assholes in my opinion.

I have a question

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 07:28 (2420 days ago) @ Kermit

Congrats to all!

You don't lose the reward.

Go see Hawthorne right now - she'll have the engram waiting for you still, even through reset.

THANK GOD I WAS GETTING SALTY

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 11:56 (2419 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread