Xûr: 9/22/2017 (Destiny)

by Robot Chickens, Friday, September 22, 2017, 10:12 (2430 days ago)
edited by Robot Chickens, Friday, September 22, 2017, 10:19

On Titan

Rocket Launcher: The Wardcliff Coil

• Mad Scientist: Shoots a long volley of rockets
  • Weapon automatically reloads ammo on pickup
  • 29 Legendary Shards

Hunter Helmet: Foetracer

• Relentless tracker: Visually marks enemies and deals more damage to low health marked enemies
  • 23 Legendary Shards

Titan Gauntlets: ACD/0 Feedback

• Fury Conductors: Melee kills build up explosive energy within the ACD/0 Feedback Fence. Being struck by a melee attack unleashes this energy in a devastating explosion
  • 23 Legendary Shards

Warlock Gauntlets: Sunbracers

• Helium Spirals: Increases the duration of Solar Grenades and grants grenade energy on Solar Melee hits.
  • 23 Legendary Shards

Wardcliff Coil...

by yakaman, Friday, September 22, 2017, 10:26 (2430 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

...is the bomb. The goddam bomb-diggity.

I got it last week, and thought it goofy and ineffective at first.

I was wrong.

Highly recommended.

Wardcliff Coil...

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, September 22, 2017, 10:31 (2430 days ago) @ yakaman

It's like week 2 of D1. Rocket launcher and sunbreakers.

So long as the tracking spirits are on your side.

by Harmanimus @, Friday, September 22, 2017, 11:01 (2430 days ago) @ yakaman

- No text -

Wardcliff Coil...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, September 22, 2017, 11:04 (2430 days ago) @ yakaman

I was wrong.

Highly recommended.

Rocket launcher.
Being sold week 2 of Xur.

Nah. No way it can be good.

Foetracer

by squidnh3, Friday, September 22, 2017, 11:05 (2430 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Practically a must-have for Hunters in Trials. Very, very useful.

Wardcliff Coil...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, September 22, 2017, 11:19 (2430 days ago) @ yakaman

One of the things that always bugs me is how some emblems make it so you can't see the clan name or light level of a person because it's white on white. This weapon has the same problem where the white muzzle blends with the white flavor text. Why can't they outline their text so this doesn't happen?

What am I doing wrong?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, September 22, 2017, 11:40 (2430 days ago) @ yakaman

I was wrong.

Highly recommended.

I got one of these from a drop last week, and I can't hit a darn thing with it. It's like the rockets go out of their way to veer around my targets. Even big targets like dropships are amazingly tough to hit. Is there some trick that I'm missing?

+1

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 22, 2017, 12:01 (2430 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I tried using the thing for half an hour then put it my vault, probably to sit there for eternity.

+1

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, September 22, 2017, 12:10 (2430 days ago) @ cheapLEY

You've go to be close to the enemy. I'm talking just far enough to not blow yourself up close. I also found it's good for titan skating over groups of enemies and carpet bombing them. You just can't use it for longer ranges like you can with normal rockets.

Use it like a Shotgun

by DEEP_NNN, Friday, September 22, 2017, 12:40 (2430 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

But you die from the explosion!

Follow cheapley and put it in the Vault. Better yet, infuse it into something else and rebuy it if it ever has a purpose.

It was great looking in marketing videos.

Foetracer

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, September 22, 2017, 12:48 (2430 days ago) @ squidnh3

Is it useful outside of PvP? It's the only item on offer that I don't already have, but it would take some effort for me to build up a stock of shards again (I've pretty much spent all mine at the moment). Not sure I really care enough to bother, though.

+1

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, September 22, 2017, 12:52 (2430 days ago) @ bluerunner

There seems to be a certain amount of tracking which can help, though engaging it has been a little sketchy for me. Probably due to the recoil - sometimes by the end of the burst, I'm not pointed at the same enemy as when I started firing. Consequently, I've only found it useful for very large targets.

The mini rockets are a little weird

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, September 22, 2017, 13:07 (2430 days ago) @ stabbim

They do not track what you are pointing at, and they can even all independently track different targets.

As an example I was using it during the Raid final boss. When there was nothing in front of me but the boss all of the rockets tracked to the boss and I did a lot more damage than a typical rocket launcher. When adds were beneath the pedestal I was on between me and the boss at least some of the rockets would track the adds, even though they weren't in the reticle. This can cause rockets to track into walls or floors depending on where they are.

Basically it has the potential for massive amounts of damage, but (probably purposefully) is a little finicky in getting it all on the same target.

The rockets don't track "non-entities" like drop ships. ktim

by Harmanimus @, Friday, September 22, 2017, 15:05 (2430 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Soooooo a less effective Gallerhorner eh??

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, September 22, 2017, 16:32 (2430 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

What am I doing wrong?

by yakaman, Saturday, September 23, 2017, 08:19 (2429 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I was wrong.

Highly recommended.

I got one of these from a drop last week, and I can't hit a darn thing with it. It's like the rockets go out of their way to veer around my targets. Even big targets like dropships are amazingly tough to hit. Is there some trick that I'm missing?

Consider masses of baddies, or shielded yellows as it's wheelhouse. Don't zoom. Just hip-fire. It'll clear out masses of baddies like nothing. It will absolutely destroy shielded yellows. But if you're trying to take a yellow, make sure there's no little baddies around to distract the projectiles. I never had jellyhorn, but I imagine this is what it felt like. It feels like cheesing.

Just give it a chance.

How dare you

by yakaman, Saturday, September 23, 2017, 08:20 (2429 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

- No text -

The mini rockets are a little weird

by yakaman, Saturday, September 23, 2017, 08:23 (2429 days ago) @ Xenos

Basically it has the potential for massive amounts of damage, but (probably purposefully) is a little finicky in getting it all on the same target.

This. Absolutely. It requires a loosey-goosey kind of precision.

+1

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Saturday, September 23, 2017, 23:23 (2428 days ago) @ squidnh3

But why are you still using a hunter? Hunters stink and you know it.

Yeah that's fairly accurate.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, September 24, 2017, 08:04 (2428 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Definitely feels a little like Bungie trying to avoid another "Need Gjallarhorn" situation.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread