New FTB Feature: Calendar Subscriptions! (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, September 22, 2017, 13:29 (2435 days ago)

Hey howdy hey!

There's a new feature on the DBO Fireteam Builder: Calendar subscriptions for your favorite calendar app!

If you're logged-in, on the bottom of the FTB Index Page, you'll find a new set of links for subscribing to your own personal FTB calendar. If you add the URL as a new calendar subscription in your favorite calendar app, it should always reflect the events that you're currently RSVP'd to! Events are delivered in the time zone that you have configured on your profile page, and list all of the other players that are currently RSVP'd along with a link back to the FTB page for the event.

There is a default 15-minute alarm on all events, but you should be able to turn that off in your application or by appending ?noalarm to the end of your personalized URL.

Thanks to Ragashingo, Xenos, and ZackDark for helping me get this rolling. Things appear to work splendidly on iOS/Mac, but I'm less certain about Windows/Android. If you have issues, please let me know about them here.

Follow-up: If you don't see a personalized link, check this forum post.

Android work-arounds

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, September 22, 2017, 13:45 (2435 days ago) @ Beorn

If you click the Android link in the description instead of copying it, it should download an ICS file of your current (entire) FTB schedule. Android recognizes this file and will promptly suggest adding the events to your Calendar app. Subscribing (for automatic updates on your FTB schedule) appears to either take a 3rd-party app or use Google Calendar on your browser.

New FTB Feature: Calendar Subscriptions!

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, September 22, 2017, 13:52 (2435 days ago) @ Beorn

i must be blind, i do not see any kind of link on the FTB page, or in the individual events

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, September 22, 2017, 13:55 (2435 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

You probably need to force reload, but just in case, it's down below the events in the FTB list.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, September 22, 2017, 13:59 (2435 days ago) @ ZackDark

hmmm, i've been hitting ctrl+F5, nothing is happening.

*IMG*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, September 22, 2017, 14:10 (2435 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

[image]

No?

*IMG* *IMG*

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, September 22, 2017, 14:13 (2435 days ago) @ ZackDark

This is what i see on Chrome and MS Edge. i just tried it on my laptop as well. no adblockers or anything like that enabled.

[image]

Very odd *NM*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, September 22, 2017, 14:13 (2435 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

If you don't see a personalized link…

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, September 22, 2017, 14:15 (2435 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I need to fix this, but just toggle one of the FTB platform filters from the main forum page. That will set up your FTB profile in the system and generate a code for you. Should work after that.

If you don't see a personalized link…

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, September 22, 2017, 14:29 (2435 days ago) @ Beorn

thanks, that worked. took me a minute to realize what you were talking about, b/c i honestly hardly ever use the sidebar

NICE!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, September 22, 2017, 13:56 (2435 days ago) @ Beorn

I'm going to try to use this as my "change your status to 'appear online'" alarm.

-Disciple

Awesome! Thank you <3

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, September 22, 2017, 18:18 (2435 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Well done! Thank you!

by Oholiab @, Saturday, September 23, 2017, 22:51 (2434 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Back to the forum index
    RSS Feed of thread