Is it Nothing? Or is it Something? *Spoilers* (Destiny)

by The_Xmoose_v3, Monday, September 25, 2017, 07:42 (2427 days ago)

Hey all,

I was just checking out the vista on Io and I noticed three triangular/tetrahedron like shapes on and around the cliffs. My videos on where these can be found are at the bottom of the post. Now the logical part of my brain knows that these are just missing/misplaced graphics and I'm very sure that's the case.

However my conspiracy theory part of my brain is kicking into overdrive. After watching a few youtube commentary videos on who people think the enemy at the end of D2 is, a lot of these commentators referenced a particular opening cinematic. That cinematic where triangular/tetrahedron like shapes fall into water. This cinematic is below. They explained that these shapes somewhat symbolized the darkness.

Now I just happened to rewatch that cinematic again recently and just prior to the shapes falling in the water, what vista do we happen to see? The very same one on Io. In fact it's as if the shapes are falling in the stream in front of the structure on Io. Are these remnants of the darkness? Mind Blown! LOL!

I thought it was worth posting for a laugh. Also I just got accepted for the XBL clan, so keen to do some nightfalls in the future with you guys!

The Cinematic (Play from 6:03 to 6:23)

Location of the Shapes

Gosh, I don't know.

by Funkmon @, Monday, September 25, 2017, 08:28 (2427 days ago) @ The_Xmoose_v3

Hey all,

I was just checking out the vista on Io and I noticed three triangular/tetrahedron like shapes on and around the cliffs. My videos on where these can be found are at the bottom of the post. Now the logical part of my brain knows that these are just missing/misplaced graphics and I'm very sure that's the case.

However my conspiracy theory part of my brain is kicking into overdrive. After watching a few youtube commentary videos on who people think the enemy at the end of D2 is, a lot of these commentators referenced a particular opening cinematic. That cinematic where triangular/tetrahedron like shapes fall into water. This cinematic is below. They explained that these shapes somewhat symbolized the darkness.

Now I just happened to rewatch that cinematic again recently and just prior to the shapes falling in the water, what vista do we happen to see? The very same one on Io. In fact it's as if the shapes are falling in the stream in front of the structure on Io. Are these remnants of the darkness? Mind Blown! LOL!

I thought it was worth posting for a laugh. Also I just got accepted for the XBL clan, so keen to do some nightfalls in the future with you guys!

The Cinematic (Play from 6:03 to 6:23)

Location of the Shapes

Initially, I thought you were crazy. They look just like little pieces of geometry that were buggy. Then, I rewatched the cinematic with the water...now I am not so sure. Do these show up anywhere else?

Is it Nothing? Or is it Something? *Spoilers*

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Monday, September 25, 2017, 08:44 (2427 days ago) @ The_Xmoose_v3

I think it's a good catch. Unsure if the ones sitting there matter, it's atleast an easter egg in my opinion.

Speaking of Io...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, September 25, 2017, 20:43 (2427 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Has anyone else successfully followed the beams of light that spawn randomly? I was chasing some pretty well until I apparently ran out of time, and the one that I approached simply disappeared, and they never spawned back in anywhere...

Maybe it's tied to the randomly spawning Warmind artifact that plays music...

[image]

Speaking of Io...

by cheapLEY @, Monday, September 25, 2017, 21:30 (2426 days ago) @ Korny

Has anyone else successfully followed the beams of light that spawn randomly? I was chasing some pretty well until I apparently ran out of time, and the one that I approached simply disappeared, and they never spawned back in anywhere...

[image]

That Warmind thing is tied to an Adventure. That's the music box I was talking about last night.

Speaking of Io...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 00:10 (2426 days ago) @ cheapLEY

[image]

That Warmind thing is tied to an Adventure. That's the music box I was talking about last night.

And apparently after the patch it now has extra dialogue..

Speaking of Io...

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 06:20 (2426 days ago) @ Korny

That’s weird!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread