Xur thread? (Destiny)

by ProbablyLast, Friday, September 29, 2017, 10:31 (2434 days ago)

I guess I'll do it?

He's on Io, can't miss him.

Weapon is the Riskrunner submachine gun. I didn't like it when I used it, but I have horrible aim.

Hunters get the Mechaneer's Tricksleeves which look bad unless you like sidearms. But if you like sidearms I don't like you.

Titans get HallowFire Heart which is just the Simmering Flames ability from D1. But since all other armor is bad this is probably great.

Warlocks get Transversive Steps, which are actually good. No bad remarks from me. More sprint speed = good, plus free reloads. Top 1.

Next week somebody who is better at posting should do this. Please convince me that I shouldn't buy the Titan/Warlock armor.

Xur thread?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, September 29, 2017, 12:55 (2434 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Weapon is the Riskrunner submachine gun. I didn't like it when I used it, but I have horrible aim.

If you're depending on aim, you're doing SMGs wrong. :P

Titans get HallowFire Heart which is just the Simmering Flames ability from D1. But since all other armor is bad this is probably great.

Yeah, I picked it up. It's not the most amazing exotic effect, but the recharge boost is pretty significant, and I'm not saying no to more thermite grenades. Also, it looks cool and I don't have anything else that's Sunbreaker-specific right now.

Warlocks get Transversive Steps, which are actually good. No bad remarks from me. More sprint speed = good, plus free reloads. Top 1.

I could see them being useful in PvP maybe. Not for me.

Xur thread?

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, September 29, 2017, 13:02 (2434 days ago) @ stabbim

SMGs are perfect for those mosh pit scenarios. Close your eyes, start throwing punches, and hope you can pull it out of the fire. Riskrunner is a solid close quarters bullet hose though.

Xur thread?

by Claude Errera @, Friday, September 29, 2017, 15:33 (2434 days ago) @ Grizzlei

SMGs are perfect for those mosh pit scenarios. Close your eyes, start throwing punches, and hope you can pull it out of the fire. Riskrunner is a solid close quarters bullet hose though.

Plus the "Arc Conductor active returns bullets" bit acts a whole lot like Bad Juju's "auto-reload/restock with each kill" perk. You can run through huge numbers of adds without reloading or picking up ammo, if you're shooting well.

(Plus, it's astoundingly good on the opening section(s) of The Gauntlet, in the raid.)

Xur thread?

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, September 29, 2017, 21:46 (2433 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Plus the "Arc Conductor active returns bullets" bit acts a whole lot like Bad Juju's "auto-reload/restock with each kill" perk. You can run through huge numbers of adds without reloading or picking up ammo, if you're shooting well.

(Plus, it's astoundingly good on the opening section(s) of The Gauntlet, in the raid.)

Oh, Riskrunner is fantastic! I only tried it a bit today. I briefly caught its bullet back deals but I had a headache and my aim was just terrible so I didn't get the full effect of it. Riskrunner is essentially a one-hit kill at close range for even the most decently shielded minor enemies... well, except it takes a couple dozen rounds. You know what I meant.

Hallowfire Heart this week means instant grenages in NF.

by DEEP_NNN, Friday, September 29, 2017, 20:38 (2434 days ago) @ stabbim

I used very little ammunition.

Still haven't quite finished though. Timers hate me. Bungie hates me. I hate'em back.

Xur thread?

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, September 29, 2017, 13:00 (2434 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Note that riskrunner is one of the 3 exotic choices from the campaign. It was my last pick, but I've given it a go on my titan and it works quite well in the right situations. I still haven't gotten the hang of the auto-reload effect fully, but sometimes that is incredible and creates situations you'd never normally see.

Xur thread?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, September 29, 2017, 13:11 (2434 days ago) @ slycrel

I still haven't gotten the hang of the auto-reload effect fully, but sometimes that is incredible and creates situations you'd never normally see.

I just read the perks. I didn't realize you get bonus damage resistance to arc when hit. But when you are hit with arc, like, 50-70% of your shots aren't spent for 3-4 seconds. So basically you can just mow down bad guys when you are taking fire. I've shot a solid 200 rounds with that thing before reloading when fighting fallen.

Xur thread?

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, September 29, 2017, 13:37 (2434 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Yeah, I've mostly noticed it with fallen as well, and that makes sense. The slow-firing vandals with a few dregs off taking potshots would lend themselves well to that. Thanks for educating my lazy butt. :D

Xur thread?

by Kahzgul, Friday, September 29, 2017, 15:04 (2434 days ago) @ slycrel

taking arc damage refills the magazine. Firing after taking arc damage doesn't use shots from the magazine and the buff refreshes on kills. So if you're taking a drip drip of arc damage (like from fallen seeking shots) while killing bad guys, you have infinite ammo without reloading. It's seriously amazing.

Xur thread?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, September 29, 2017, 15:47 (2434 days ago) @ Kahzgul

taking arc damage refills the magazine. Firing after taking arc damage doesn't use shots from the magazine and the buff refreshes on kills. So if you're taking a drip drip of arc damage (like from fallen seeking shots) while killing bad guys, you have infinite ammo without reloading. It's seriously amazing.

And if you're doing the Exodus Black strike, the electrified floor totally counts as taking arc damage. *taps bandana* Infinite ammo.

Infinite chaining arc-damage ammo.

Edit: I see further down that you elaborate on the perks of running Risk...

Xur thread?

by Kahzgul, Friday, September 29, 2017, 17:43 (2434 days ago) @ Korny

And if you're doing the Exodus Black strike, the electrified floor totally counts as taking arc damage. *taps bandana* Infinite ammo.

Exactly!

Also standing in vex milk anywhere (on Nessus, for example). You don't even have to stand IN it - you can just move in and move back out every few seconds to refresh the buff and your ammo.

Xur thread?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, October 02, 2017, 06:31 (2431 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Exactly!

Also standing in vex milk anywhere (on Nessus, for example). You don't even have to stand IN it - you can just move in and move back out every few seconds to refresh the buff and your ammo.

And if you are just feeling abusive and you just can't find arc damage, you can throw an arc grenade at your feet :-)

Don't bother with D2 Transversive Steps...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, September 29, 2017, 13:27 (2434 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Please convince me that I shouldn't buy the Titan/Warlock armor.

Don't bother with D2 Transversive Steps, they honestly pale in comparison to the D1 version. The reloading only happens with one class of weapon, and only when you are running, and when it does happen it's a little drip drip drip at a time.

In D1 if you stepped on ammo your weapon reloaded instantly, no matter what. D1 version also had faster movement while crouched... because... I don't know.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, September 29, 2017, 15:35 (2434 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

D1 version also had faster movement while crouched... because... I don't know.

My guess is that was thrown in there to give Warlocks a way to carry engine parts during the Siege Engine portion of Aksis.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, September 30, 2017, 21:23 (2432 days ago) @ Claude Errera

D1 version also had faster movement while crouched... because... I don't know.

My guess is that was thrown in there to give Warlocks a way to carry engine parts during the Siege Engine portion of Aksis.

Who carried the engine parts while crouched?

Warlocks with Transversive Steps.

by Harmanimus @, Saturday, September 30, 2017, 22:41 (2432 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

+1

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, October 01, 2017, 01:00 (2432 days ago) @ Harmanimus

- No text -

We flew

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Sunday, October 01, 2017, 17:33 (2432 days ago) @ Harmanimus

- No text -

Efficient players

by ProbablyLast, Sunday, October 01, 2017, 22:54 (2431 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 06:36 (2430 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Pyromancy, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 06:41

I must be left or right handed

I still wonder if Destiny 1 Transversive Steps could be integral to finding a secret in Destiny 1. They could be useful in a Speed Run that is directed through a vent or a small tunnel that requires crouching?
The pathway through the Plaguelands that leads to the Bunker that holds the SIVA'd out Iron Lords, goes through a vent that needs to be crouched through.
Also there is the path during Cayde's stash mission, which requires some crouching under obstacles and crouching through vents.

Or possibly they could be related to some cut content? There is an extra scannable and breakable vent with no apparent purpose in the electrified pool behind S.A.B.E.R.-2 during the Fallen S.A.B.E.R strike.

Riskrunner is Love, Riskrunner is Life

by Kahzgul, Friday, September 29, 2017, 15:02 (2434 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Riskrunner: Take less damage from arc sources. Taking arc damage refills your ammo and gives you a buff. The buff makes your shots *return to the magazine* (yes, even shots that hit a target, aka infinite ammo) and refreshes when you (a) take more arc damage or (b) kill someone with arc damage. AND it makes your shots chain to nearby enemies.

Look, the gun's accuracy is garbage. Like complete garbage. But if you're fighting arc enemies, it is THE BEST GUN. It may not be optimal, it may not be max DPS, but holy hell is it ever fun!

That strike where the floor is electric? Riskrunner.

That other strike where phase 3 has the boss running around in a pool of electric vex milk while shooting arc shots at you and other vex run at you and explode in arc damage? Riskrunner.

Any strike where fallen shoot their weird swirly seeking arc shots at you? RISKRUNNER.

Seriously buy this gun. You're welcome.

So... in other words... take the risk? :P

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, September 29, 2017, 16:33 (2434 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

Yup

by Kahzgul, Friday, September 29, 2017, 17:42 (2434 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Double Yup

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, September 29, 2017, 21:41 (2433 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread