Music Timing (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, October 02, 2017, 21:49 (2420 days ago)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLdQWtkH0aQ#t=04m45s

I said this very early on. At first I thought I was just nuts, as nobody mentioned this, but it seems Angry Joe picked up on it. For me, this was extremely noticeable. I wonder why this was not mentioned much anywhere? It was really apparent the second time I played through with another character.

The music may be good (the main theme and its variations are pretty good actually), but what good is nice music if it's not used at the right times?

This was already figured out and in both Halo and Destiny. So why did they go backwards? Why not continue with the system already in place and working great? Makes you wonder…

Music Timing

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 06:11 (2420 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Maybe I need to replay the campaign again, but I don't remember noticing any issues.

It's interesting to me that he (Angry Joe) points out a specific moment when the music is great (going through the mountains), but doesn't actually back up his claim with any real examples. While his daily routine montage is funny (and I know, his show is more comedy that critic) it doesn't actually sell me on his criticism.

So you and Joe might be right (because I don't trust my brain that much) but I don't recall this being an issue.

I don't understand.

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 06:16 (2420 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I read something something similar, forget where. But think about while out in Patrol or in a Lost Sector. The music stays LOUD and in your face. For almost no reason. While you are doing nothing. it's a very odd step back, I can only assume it's a bug that no one caught.

Music Timing

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 06:57 (2420 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I do remember noticing a couple of times where the more intense "combat" music would keep playing for a while after the initial reason for it had passed, but it didn't bother me much. It could probably do with an adjustment somewhere.

Music Timing

by Jdizzerabi, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 14:44 (2420 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I turned the music off. Gets me all anxious at critical points or, as has been pointed out, at completely unnecessary mundane points.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread