In a stunning twist, Dead Orbit won the Faction Rally... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 10:54 (2420 days ago)
edited by Korny, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 11:00

Nobody could have possibly foreseen this...

Also, Eris is selling a Sub-Zero bundle that comes with three Bright Engrams, the Sub-Zero ornament for your Coldheart, and 150 Bright dust.
It's neat, but overpriced.

She's also selling Tesla's Revenge for the Wardcliff Coil, which looks awesome, and All The Essentials for MIDA, which gives it a monochromatic look, but you'll still have to live with the shame of using a MIDA.

Speaking of Monochromatic, it's the shader that she has for sale, alongside Frumious Blue and Bumblebee.

And if you need to finish off your Optimacy set (or you want to copy my Warlock's fantastic fashion sense), she's finally selling the chestpiece, which looks great for every class.

And if you want the coolest Sparrow available, she's also selling Hastilude. Put the New Monarchy Regalia shader on it to make people hot under the collar...

In a stunning twist, Dead Orbit won the Faction Rally...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 10:59 (2420 days ago) @ Korny

Also, Eris is selling a Sub-Zero bundle that comes with three Bright Engrams, the Sub-Zero ornament for your Coldheart, and 150 Bright dust.

And in a stunning twist Eris returns to the tower after vanishing? And is hired by Tess to work at Eververse? Wow!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 11:01 (2420 days ago) @ Cody Miller

And in a stunning twist Eris returns to the tower after vanishing? And is hired by Tess to work at Eververse? Wow!

Yes, but she's wearing Tess's's face.

You beat me to it! =D

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 11:03 (2420 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Huh. Executor Hideo assured me New Monarchy would win...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 11:17 (2420 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Main went NM, alt went FWC. This is why I don't gamble.

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 11:19 (2420 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Look forward to the numbers.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 12:04 (2420 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

+1

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 13:54 (2420 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

They will be rigged I'm sure.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 14:09 (2420 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

by MechaTanuki33, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 14:27 (2420 days ago) @ Korny

UUUUUGGHHH!

+1

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, October 04, 2017, 12:13 (2419 days ago) @ MechaTanuki33

What a load of shit.

I guess I misread the rules of the game—I thought that the losing factions would be able to buy their corresponding weapon for 50k and the winners got the discount. We can’t even buy anything from our house! Will we even be able to see those weapons again?
Factions are supposed to stand for individuality, not popularity.

So that means every time the winner will be a Crucible only killing machine, usually from Dead Orbit.

+1

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, October 04, 2017, 12:32 (2419 days ago) @ Morpheus

So that means every time the winner will be a Crucible only killing machine, usually from Dead Orbit.

Bookies slide the odds to get bets on both sides all the time. I don't know how it would work, but a system which would encourage people to sign up for an underdog faction would help even things out. Perhaps your reward changes depending on when you signup. If you signup late for the clear winner, you won't get much. But if you signup for an underdog, your potential reward increases.

Of course, they should never have done that poll before signups. Of course people are going to go to Dead Orbit when a poll says 50% are going to join.

But all this… this is a lot of effort for something that isn't super enjoyable anyway. Better in theory I think.

'cause the haters gonna hate...

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, October 05, 2017, 11:08 (2418 days ago) @ Morpheus

I pledged to Dead Orbit so I could get the Scout Rifle. I then got the scout rifle, shot half a magazine and put it in my vault.

So basically what I'm saying is...

Ha ha ha my victory was pointless and you got nothing!!! MWAAAHAHAHA

[image]

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 14:32 (2420 days ago) @ Korny

Why don't people want to watch enemy explode when I shoot them?

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 15:52 (2420 days ago) @ Vortech

Why don't people want to watch enemy explode when I shoot them?

They prefer faster reloads when they crouch. Thats WAY cooler! Right?

I totally agree, but I think it was more about shaders/armor than the Weaponf or alot of people. I was honestly torn as I want all the sets for my hunter!

wait...

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, October 04, 2017, 06:39 (2419 days ago) @ TheeChaos

People actually want Black and gray as a shader? Mind. Blown.

Always. :)

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, October 04, 2017, 12:44 (2419 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, October 05, 2017, 07:49 (2418 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I thought the point of shaders was to make things look interesting? I mean to his their own, but my titan would look terrible in black/gray/dark blue. Dark red and gold is sooooooo much cooler looking to me.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, October 05, 2017, 12:13 (2418 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I thought the point of shaders was to make things look interesting? I mean to his their own, but my titan would look terrible in black/gray/dark blue. Dark red and gold is sooooooo much cooler looking to me.

My Warlock is now purple. His helmet is too shiny because the purple shader I had was shiny, rather than matte. Other than that, I go for dark colors; makes it harder to pick me out at range on a PvP map. ;)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, October 05, 2017, 12:34 (2418 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Nah. Your dark colors contrast nicely with the red outline provided by most of my choice Crucible primaries. :)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, October 05, 2017, 14:06 (2418 days ago) @ Claude Errera

And set your profile name to all spaces?

by Claude Errera @, Friday, October 06, 2017, 10:59 (2417 days ago) @ stabbim

And set your profile name to all spaces?

Ooh, never thought of that...

by Le Comte, New York, NY, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 15:10 (2420 days ago) @ Korny

Space Goths gotta Space Goth, I guess.

'Sall good: I got everything I wanted from FWC anyway. :)

Only did it for the shaders...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 17:03 (2420 days ago) @ Korny

Those sweet blue shaders.

[image]

Only did it for the shaders...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 22:00 (2420 days ago) @ bluerunner

I buy that. FWC Rain looks outstanding on my Titan.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 21:59 (2420 days ago) @ Korny

Great, now we get a rifle with a crouching perk. What am I supposed to do with that, I wonder...

[image]

by bluvasa, Wednesday, October 04, 2017, 15:43 (2419 days ago) @ stabbim

Yeah everyone thought the scout rifle would be the new Hung Jury. Too bad it was already obvious that it was a different archetype and the perks were lacking.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, October 05, 2017, 07:00 (2418 days ago) @ bluvasa

Yeah, I kinda wondered if that was a factor. Not sure why anyone would assume that all Dead Orbit guns would be similar to each other, especially across different games, but some might have anyway.

Or, maybe it really was all about armor/shaders. Personally, I only looked at the weapons though.

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, October 05, 2017, 08:53 (2418 days ago) @ stabbim

Of the 3 offerings, I see exactly nobody saying pulse rifles are their favorite, while scouts and ARs get all the love. Sidearms seem to be more valuable for PvP, and this close to launch I expect that's a smaller population. That plus the shaders... well, seems like no contest, and it pretty much was.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, October 05, 2017, 10:24 (2418 days ago) @ slycrel

Of the 3 offerings, I see exactly nobody saying pulse rifles are their favorite, while scouts and ARs get all the love. Sidearms seem to be more valuable for PvP, and this close to launch I expect that's a smaller population. That plus the shaders... well, seems like no contest, and it pretty much was.

Pulse Rifles are sure to get some tweaks. I do have a little bit of a soft spot for the Graviton Lance, Agenda-5, and Three Graves. I've had fun with them in both PVE and PvP, but other things are just way more effective. I definitely miss Bad Juju and Red Death.

~M

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, October 05, 2017, 10:32 (2418 days ago) @ Malagate

Pulse Rifles are sure to get some tweaks. I do have a little bit of a soft spot for the Graviton Lance, Agenda-5, and Three Graves. I've had fun with them in both PVE and PvP, but other things are just way more effective. I definitely miss Bad Juju and Red Death.

~M

Also, Vigilence Wing is a PvP wrecking ball at mid range! But because it's a 5 shot Pulse Rifle it feels almost like a Auto-rifle/Full auto pulse

+1

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, October 05, 2017, 12:17 (2418 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

~M

Also, Vigilence Wing is a PvP wrecking ball at mid range! But because it's a 5 shot Pulse Rifle it feels almost like a Auto-rifle/Full auto pulse

Vigilance Wing is my go-to PvP weapon these days. Also love Graviton Lance, Nightshade, and Lincoln Green.

I guess I'm saying I like Pulse Rifles. :)

I can't get a feel for pulse rifles in D2

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, October 05, 2017, 12:29 (2418 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Vigilance Wing is my go-to PvP weapon these days. Also love Graviton Lance, Nightshade, and Lincoln Green.

I wreck with Vigilance Wing and would probably call it my main PvP weapon, but I can't seem to do anything with Graviton Lance, Lincoln Green, or Three Graves. I may have been spoiled by Vigilance Wing, though. I'm pretty sure it was the first pulse rifle I tried using in PvP.

-Disciple

I love Graviton Lance

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, October 05, 2017, 12:34 (2418 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I think it's a seriously underrated gun in both PvP and PvE. I consistently can out shoot MIDA users, though they have advantage on the longer range maps.

I love Graviton Lance

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, October 05, 2017, 12:59 (2418 days ago) @ Xenos

I think it's a seriously underrated gun in both PvP and PvE. I consistently can out shoot MIDA users, though they have advantage on the longer range maps.

Same thing with the Vigilance wing. It get's absolutely wrecked when it gets out of it's good range. It's not that it does slightly worse or anything, it basically stops working :-)

I love Graviton Lance

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, October 06, 2017, 09:17 (2417 days ago) @ Xenos

Graviton Lance has a perfect rate of fire for close-medium ranges in PvP. Does kinda throw me off at longer ranges more than a lot of other pulse rifles this time around. I adore the singularity on death. :)

+1

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, October 05, 2017, 14:18 (2418 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I very much enjoy Graviton Lance and Nightshade. Still waiting on a Vigilance Wing though.

Pulse Rifles are in a pretty good spot IMO.

Go visit Xur in the EDZ!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, October 06, 2017, 08:46 (2417 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

Go visit Xur in the EDZ!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, October 06, 2017, 09:23 (2417 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I wonder if we'll see more Vigilance Wings and fewer MIDA Multi-Tools in Iron Banner next week.

-Disciple

Go visit Xur in the EDZ!

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, October 07, 2017, 10:16 (2416 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I wonder if we'll see more Vigilance Wings and fewer MIDA Multi-Tools in Iron Banner next week.

-Disciple

I’m definitely planning on giving it a shot.

Hurray!!!!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, October 06, 2017, 09:29 (2417 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread