Rat King Fireteam (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, October 05, 2017, 11:51 (2429 days ago)

I love the concept behind the Rat King, but I've yet to see any full fireteams utilize it. Has anyone else done this? I used it briefly in PvP a few nights ago, but only one other person in my fireteam had it. The boost when in proximity to a fireteam member with it out feels pretty significant, but keeping track of each other to stay in range got a little tricky. That said, I'm looking forward to going full Rat King in crucible as soon as I've got a fireteam willing.

Anyone else tried this out yet?

~M

Rat King Fireteam

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, October 05, 2017, 12:03 (2429 days ago) @ Malagate

We had a team of three in crucible with it the other night. We had trouble staying together and ended up losing the match, but the handful of times where we were all three together, gunning someone down with a pack of Rat Kings, that was a good time :)

-Disciple

Rat King Fireteam

by vtf73, Thursday, October 05, 2017, 14:15 (2429 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Since the buff isnt damage specific and doesnt proc unless youre real close together i find it pointless, however if you want some real-world raid perspective Datto released a video a day or 2 ago.

Rat King Fireteam

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, October 05, 2017, 14:16 (2429 days ago) @ Malagate

I'd have to get a Rat King first.

I don't even know what the steps are. I've got 1/3 on the quest, but I'll be damned if I know how or what I did to get that far. I could look it up, sure, but I just haven't been bothered enough to do so yet, to be honest.

Rat King Fireteam

by Kahzgul, Thursday, October 05, 2017, 17:03 (2428 days ago) @ Malagate

I love the concept behind the Rat King, but I've yet to see any full fireteams utilize it. Has anyone else done this? I used it briefly in PvP a few nights ago, but only one other person in my fireteam had it. The boost when in proximity to a fireteam member with it out feels pretty significant, but keeping track of each other to stay in range got a little tricky. That said, I'm looking forward to going full Rat King in crucible as soon as I've got a fireteam willing.

Anyone else tried this out yet?

~M

So the buff is a 6% attack speed and mag size buff per player nearby (6x5 other players *should* be 30% buff for a full raid, BUT...) with a full raid the attack speed becomes completely uncapped and the gun fires as quickly as you can pull the trigger.

In PvP you'd need to move as a pack of 4 (18% increased attack speed) to really benefit, but it should be noticeable. Still, everyone running as a pack is tricky in pvp, and anyone dying would result in a loss of some of your buff. It's good design IMO. Powerful but not gamebreaking and limits you to a specific style of play.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread