That Darn Bounce *SP* (Late Night Raid) (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, October 06, 2017, 01:00 (2428 days ago)

So, can anyone tell me what’s going on here? Why am I getting bounced up over that nice little barrier?

That Darn Bounce *SP* (Late Night Raid)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, October 06, 2017, 05:42 (2428 days ago) @ dogcow

No idea.

That’s exactly what was happening to me last night, too. It’s frustrating when you do everything right, and Bungie’s busted ass encounters just screw you over for no reason.

And another little issue..

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, October 06, 2017, 07:54 (2428 days ago) @ dogcow

So, can anyone tell me what’s going on here? Why am I getting bounced up over that nice little barrier?

Huh, never seen it in action, but yeh, you were bumped over. Maybe it has to do with the spawning Psions bumping you up (as they are wont to do). Whenever that final barrier pops up, I usually just stay at the one before it, since the psions spawn way up in your face, and the previous platform sticks around for a good bit. I guess the best suggestion that I could give would be to crouch?

Anyway, there's this other weird little thing that you can run into, apparently:

And another little issue..

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, October 06, 2017, 08:01 (2428 days ago) @ Korny

We saw this on our first attempt. I think it's a delayed reaction to not having taken his shield down quite quickly enough. But it sure is annoying.

lame! :/

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, October 06, 2017, 08:00 (2428 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

Happens a lot

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, October 06, 2017, 08:33 (2428 days ago) @ dogcow

I'm always on the "away" team for that encounter and I've seen that happen a lot. Your view does the slightest jiggle before you hop over, so I'm wondering if your teammate bumped into you. No radar in there makes that idea impossible to verify, though. My other thought is that you appeared to be right on this edge between tiles, and you might have gotten popped upward just the slightest bit when transitioning between them:

[image]

We've also had just one of us get pulled forward early, like somehow the barrier fails for just one person. It hasn't been an issue as long as the "home" team is fast enough, but it definitely happens from time to time.

Happens a lot

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, October 06, 2017, 08:59 (2428 days ago) @ Beorn

I'm always on the "away" team for that encounter and I've seen that happen a lot. Your view does the slightest jiggle before you hop over, so I'm wondering if your teammate bumped into you. No radar in there makes that idea impossible to verify, though. My other thought is that you appeared to be right on this edge between tiles, and you might have gotten popped upward just the slightest bit when transitioning between them:

[image]

We've also had just one of us get pulled forward early, like somehow the barrier fails for just one person. It hasn't been an issue as long as the "home" team is fast enough, but it definitely happens from time to time.

This was happening with a frustrating frequency to our "away" fireteam. It would happen not just from this location, but on any barrier, even ones that were more flat than that one (that was the one I bothered recording). I don't think Cody or Vortech bumped me, I turned around after flying away, you can see that they're both on the opposite side.

Perhaps it was because I bumped into that slightly raised tile, but I've stood on that raised tile before w/o a problem... I dunno.

Anyway, I just had to share that for the home team to see.

Happens a lot

by cheapLEY @, Friday, October 06, 2017, 09:41 (2428 days ago) @ dogcow

I feel like Bungie saved up every ounce of spite they collected over the years due to complaints about their shitty ground geometry and then designed this encounter as a big fuck you.

You OK today buddy?

by marmot 1333 @, Friday, October 06, 2017, 10:02 (2428 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Lol.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, October 06, 2017, 10:26 (2428 days ago) @ marmot 1333

Yeah, I’m fine. That was meant a lot more jokingly than it came off in that post.

Still, it’s infuriating to fail something because of crap like that. Last week we sailed through. We did failed the Calus fight once, then killed him in the next try. This week, we’ve struggled for three nights now, and not because we’re nit good enough, but because of this broken encounter that just does random shit that’s impossible to account for.

That Darn Bounce *SP* (Late Night Raid)

by peaksutah, Friday, October 06, 2017, 09:45 (2428 days ago) @ dogcow

Our raid had the same issue often. Always on the right side.

Kind of related raid question *SP*

by marmot 1333 @, Friday, October 06, 2017, 11:08 (2428 days ago) @ dogcow

Can someone explain this part to me?

During the Calus fight, there is the segment where the "home" team stands in the warlock buff zone and the floor is lava. The multiplier goes up. Then Guardian tells me to take down Calus' shields. What exactly is happening then? What affects the multiplier going up? Am I not supposed to shoot the shields before that ???

Kind of related raid question *SP*

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, October 06, 2017, 11:33 (2428 days ago) @ marmot 1333

Can someone explain this part to me?

During the Calus fight, there is the segment where the "home" team stands in the warlock buff zone and the floor is lava. The multiplier goes up. Then Guardian tells me to take down Calus' shields. What exactly is happening then? What affects the multiplier going up? Am I not supposed to shoot the shields before that ???

During that portion, the Away team (Dark blue world with giant head) is shooting skulls that fly out of Calus's mouth (it doesn't make sense in context either). Each skull destroyed is a damage stack, and the goal is to get as much of a multiplier as possible before the timer runs out.

The Home team outside in the Throne room is directly in control of how much time the people inside have. Once Calus's shields are popped, the time is up. The entire time that this is happening, Calus starts building a charge that turns the entire room into a microwave, so unless you're inside a Healing Rift, you're continuously taking damage. The goal is to give the Away team as much time as possible to shoot the skulls, but if you wait too long, Calus will finish charging his attack, and he'll wipe the whole team.

Once his shields are popped, the multiplier stops building, and teleportation orbs appear for the Away team to use to come back into the Throne room with the damage stacks that they built.

Video of Away Team

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, October 06, 2017, 15:33 (2428 days ago) @ Korny

Here's a video of it. Kind of trippy.

Cool! Thanks

by marmot 1333 @, Friday, October 06, 2017, 15:46 (2428 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread