Caution, Sparrows Are Clearly Not IP67 Compliant. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, October 08, 2017, 11:30 (2426 days ago)

By the happeningest of happenstances, I discovered that Sparrows fry their systems if you soak them in water:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Ragashingo/video/37558991

Little attentions to detail like this (there even a little electric short out sound!) make me so happy!

Um....

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, October 08, 2017, 15:29 (2426 days ago) @ Ragashingo

No?

That’s just the sound of it transmatting away—“shorting” included. It’s been like that since D1.

Um....

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, October 08, 2017, 15:53 (2426 days ago) @ Morpheus
edited by Ragashingo, Sunday, October 08, 2017, 15:59

You should probably watch the video and try it yourself before you reply. Depositing a Sparrow in the water has effectively killed it preventing you from getting back on it (complete with a unique frying sound as soon as it hit the water) every time I tried it.

Do your own test. See if you can prove me wrong.

I’ll wait...

It’ll Be A While, I’m At Work.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, October 08, 2017, 16:13 (2426 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Interesting Results

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, October 08, 2017, 21:37 (2426 days ago) @ Morpheus

After work, I went and ran a test, and you sure were right; getting off in water actually does short out the Sparrow. Falling in water while driving the Sparrow will interestingly do nothing.

You're right--my mistake.

Now let me tell you why I originally thought that way!

Whenever I was on Nessus, I always thought it was weird that I could get hurt sitting in the Vex milk, but my Sparrow was just fine. Now I know what you're thinking, Milk is not water. But I had assumed that the Sparrow would be fine in all liquids, since it usually is.

It's amazing they'll focus on that, but not the bugs.

https://expirebox.com/download/9f77339037c8c29d8401aebbf0e21e13.html

Interesting Results

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, October 11, 2017, 06:41 (2423 days ago) @ Morpheus

After work, I went and ran a test, and you sure were right; getting off in water actually does short out the Sparrow. Falling in water while driving the Sparrow will interestingly do nothing.

You're right--my mistake.

Now let me tell you why I originally thought that way!

Whenever I was on Nessus, I always thought it was weird that I could get hurt sitting in the Vex milk, but my Sparrow was just fine. Now I know what you're thinking, Milk is not water. But I had assumed that the Sparrow would be fine in all liquids, since it usually is.

It's amazing they'll focus on that, but not the bugs.

It's really not. Because they didn't say "hey, lets put in this cool effect instead of fixing bugs"

The bugs didn't exist or weren't known to the developer who was putting cool stuff into an awesome game. I'm so very happy that they added little things like that.

Interesting Results

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, October 16, 2017, 18:06 (2418 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

The bugs didn't exist or weren't known to the developer who was putting cool stuff into an awesome game. I'm so very happy that they added little things like that.

Of course—it's impossible to find every bug/discover the scope of a mistake before launch. If that were true, Dan, Frank and Bonnie's heads would all be on pikes.

However, there were/are bugs that were in the game since after launch, but were not addressed;now that support has ended, they never will be either.

I checked on Destiny 1 at some point in my off time, and the fizzling Sparrow thing was in the first game, too. Sparrows short out in water all cool like, but guns still lock in sprint position(in both games!), Public Event Targets still teleport across the entire region, planets and weapons still show as the wrong planet or weapon, and I still have to non-verbally convince my entire fireteam to kill themselves every single time we play Winter's Run.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread