There's a Shortcut in the EDZ (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Monday, October 09, 2017, 10:08 (2425 days ago)

I dunno if you guys already knew about this or not, but it was new to me, so I'm posting it here for you!

The cave at the north side of the winding cove is actually an entrance to the lost sector at the south side of the gulch, and you can easily use it to pass through the map from one area to the next.

Look, I made a graphic showing where it is!

[image]

There's a Shortcut in the EDZ

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, October 09, 2017, 10:34 (2425 days ago) @ Kahzgul

The annoying thing about that is that there are Lost Sector marks at the South Entrance. But if you have the challenge "Loot a lost sector at Winding Cove" and you go in there, it doesn't count. I guess the official entrance to that sector is the north.

by Kahzgul, Monday, October 09, 2017, 10:35 (2425 days ago) @ ManKitten

The annoying thing about that is that there are Lost Sector marks at the South Entrance. But if you have the challenge "Loot a lost sector at Winding Cove" and you go in there, it doesn't count. I guess the official entrance to that sector is the north.

Yeah, the map only shows the north side entrance, not the south side, even though the "real life" does have lost sector marks.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, October 09, 2017, 10:42 (2424 days ago) @ ManKitten

Yup, the official "Winding Cove" Lost Sector is the HZD one right where the Public event is.

Kind of annoying since it would be convenient to knock out the northernmost one and head straight to the Gulch, but whatevs, at least it's a fun Lost Sector.

Yep! Though Fast Travel > shortcut for these 2 locations.

by slycrel ⌂, Monday, October 09, 2017, 11:00 (2424 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

There should be a race!

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, October 09, 2017, 12:18 (2424 days ago) @ slycrel

Start at south entrance.

One person takes the cave on foot.
One person sparrows around.
One person fast travel/sparrows.

First to north entrance wins.

Then do it again back to the south.

FOR SCIENCE!

I just discovered this over the weekend!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Monday, October 09, 2017, 13:41 (2424 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread