Loving the raid so far. (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, October 09, 2017, 12:11 (2425 days ago)

We may not finish it this week, and we've had some extra-game obstacles to overcome, but it's been a blast, and my fireteam has been amazing. FaerieFire, we've barely played together before, but may I publicly give you a shoutout for your contributions? You're awesome.

All my team members have contributed good ideas along the way, such that almost every time I have an idea someone says the thing I was thinking (and of course there are lots of times where I'm completely stumped but the team has come through with the solution).

And let us all praise the scientific method, without which blind raiding would be a disaster.

Thanks for a great experience, DBOers.

Kerm

P.S. PS4, it won't be long now!

Loving the raid so far.

by breitzen @, Kansas, Monday, October 09, 2017, 13:40 (2425 days ago) @ Kermit

Fantastic! How far have ya'll made it?

Can't wait to hear more on the whole experience!

Loving the raid so far. *SP*

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, October 09, 2017, 14:29 (2425 days ago) @ breitzen

We just figured out how to open the gates in the room where two people have to run the perimeter to escape. (Can't remember what anything is called and I don't want to risk looking it up.)

It's basically the third big section. Should be a simple matter of execution now.

by breitzen @, Kansas, Monday, October 09, 2017, 14:44 (2425 days ago) @ Kermit

We just figured out how to open the gates in the room where two people have to run the perimeter to escape. (Can't remember what anything is called and I don't want to risk looking it up.)

It's basically the third big section. Should be a simple matter of execution now.

Nice! Good luck!

by Kahzgul, Monday, October 09, 2017, 16:46 (2424 days ago) @ Kermit

Good job! That part took my fireteam *forever* (forever, in this instance, equals about ~6 hours, spread out over two days).

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, October 09, 2017, 17:17 (2424 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Good job! That part took my fireteam *forever* (forever, in this instance, equals about ~6 hours, spread out over two days).

We've been fairly quick as far as figuring things out. Our problem has been finding blocks of time when we can play.

by Kahzgul, Monday, October 09, 2017, 18:13 (2424 days ago) @ Kermit

We've been fairly quick as far as figuring things out. Our problem has been finding blocks of time when we can play.

It can be rough. I'm sure a big chunk of our failures were simply due to people falling asleep mid-raid.

Me too.

by FaerieFire, Wednesday, October 11, 2017, 10:21 (2423 days ago) @ Kermit

Aww, thanks Kermit. I've had a blast playing with you all as well. I love how relaxed this group is; cooperative problem solving for the win. You certainly deserve a big shoutout for bringing us all together.

For science!

Me too.

by rellekh, PNW, Wednesday, October 11, 2017, 22:06 (2422 days ago) @ FaerieFire

For Science! Seriously best raid motto ever. Everyone is so chill! I’m glad to being blind raiding with our crew. Thanks, Kermit for pulling us together!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread