Prestige Raid delayed to fix exploit (Destiny)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, October 09, 2017, 14:45 (2424 days ago)

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/235000097

An exploit has been discovered in the Leviathan Raid that causes the encounters to be stripped of their intended challenge. To allow time to fix this issue, we are delaying the start of the Prestige Raid until next week. It’s important to us that the team who earns World First status doesn’t have their legacy tarnished by doubt, skepticism, or uncertainty.

The new start time for the Prestige Raid is Wednesday, October 18, at 10AM Pacific.

guess that's the exploit posted last week that removes all the adds from the final encounter?

Prestige Raid delayed to fix exploit

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, October 09, 2017, 15:13 (2424 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

An exploit has been discovered in the Leviathan Raid that causes the encounters to be stripped of their intended challenge. To allow time to fix this issue, we are delaying the start of the Prestige Raid until next week. It’s important to us that the team who earns World First status doesn’t have their legacy tarnished by doubt, skepticism, or uncertainty.

The new start time for the Prestige Raid is Wednesday, October 18, at 10AM Pacific.

guess that's the exploit posted last week that removes all the adds from the final encounter?

Seriously? People will be watching the streams. They'll know immediately if this exploit is used. There's no uncertainty. Even if there were no streams, this is the stupidest reason to delay the raid. Don't make decisions around a really fringe group whose accomplishments don't mean much.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, October 09, 2017, 16:35 (2424 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Are we going to get the gang back together to give the Prestige Raid a shot next week?

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, October 09, 2017, 16:36 (2424 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Seriously? People will be watching the streams. They'll know immediately if this exploit is used. There's no uncertainty. Even if there were no streams, this is the stupidest reason to delay the raid. Don't make decisions around a really fringe group whose accomplishments don't mean much.

They don't all stream. I know that at least one of the teams that claimed World's First for one of the D1 Raids was not streaming. Some of the teams intentionally don't stream because they don't want other teams to benefit from them figuring things out first.

(In fact, for The Leviathan's race to World's First, Gigz's T1 team was first to beat the raid - but they were not the first to figure things out. Gothalion's crew was ahead of them at pretty much every step in figuring things out, and Gigz's team was able to benefit from the people in his chat telling them how Goth's crew figured out some of the mechanics.)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, October 09, 2017, 17:51 (2424 days ago) @ Speedracer513

They don't all stream. I know that at least one of the teams that claimed World's First for one of the D1 Raids was not streaming. Some of the teams intentionally don't stream because they don't want other teams to benefit from them figuring things out first.

(In fact, for The Leviathan's race to World's First, Gigz's T1 team was first to beat the raid - but they were not the first to figure things out. Gothalion's crew was ahead of them at pretty much every step in figuring things out, and Gigz's team was able to benefit from the people in his chat telling them how Goth's crew figured out some of the mechanics.)

But you are still delaying the raid in order to preserve the prestige of an accomplishment that doesn't mean much anyway. Destiny would lose absolutely nothing if there wasn't a way to verify the world's first.

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Monday, October 09, 2017, 19:12 (2424 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It would lose nothing for you.

It would lose nothing for me, too, but neither you nor I are representative of the entire Destiny population.

There's this whole thing where even a relatively small group people who care a whole lot about something can be important. Crazy, I know.

I'm not even defending the decision, it's just. Can you not so blatantly do that thing where you just disregard people with different opinions and priorities? It's kind of legitimately terrible.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, October 09, 2017, 19:34 (2424 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

It would lose nothing for you.

It would lose nothing for me, too, but neither you nor I are representative of the entire Destiny population.

There's this whole thing where even a relatively small group people who care a whole lot about something can be important. Crazy, I know.

I'm not even defending the decision, it's just. Can you not so blatantly do that thing where you just disregard people with different opinions and priorities? It's kind of legitimately terrible.

Lots of people want matchmaking in the raid right? But that would be terrible. The entire experience would be worse for everyone.

Now there is a group of people a lot smaller than this, who want a certain thing. This thing makes the experience worse for almost everybody else (everyone has to wait, and those who would like to try the cheese cannot).

I guess that counts as a “no”?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, October 09, 2017, 19:52 (2424 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 09:21 (2423 days ago) @ Cody Miller

But you are still delaying the raid in order to preserve the prestige of an accomplishment that doesn't mean much anyway. Destiny would lose absolutely nothing if there wasn't a way to verify the world's first.

These are the Cody posts that I find so fascinating. When I can't tell if you are serious or not. The raid has an obvious error in it so they want to fix it. That is only reason it is delayed. First completion is just a scapegoat and I can't tell if you realize that or not.

Respectfully,
ManKitten

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 10:14 (2423 days ago) @ ManKitten

These are the Cody posts that I find so fascinating. When I can't tell if you are serious or not. The raid has an obvious error in it so they want to fix it. That is only reason it is delayed. First completion is just a scapegoat and I can't tell if you realize that or not.

Respectfully,
ManKitten

Because they specifically said it was to preserve the integrity of world's first. If it was just about the exploit… well that's the reason they should have given.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 10:58 (2423 days ago) @ Cody Miller

[image]

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, October 12, 2017, 13:05 (2421 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Raid release day/world's first attempts are by far the most watched Destiny content on any streaming service. If they couldn't verify who finished first, many fewer people would attempt and they'd lose out on the free advertising that being the second/third most popular game in the Twitch/Youtube Live directory brings.

How dare you. Slayerage’s team was worlds first.

by ProbablyLast, Monday, October 09, 2017, 22:04 (2424 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

Oh yeah. My mistake.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, October 09, 2017, 22:12 (2424 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

But the point I was making remains true; Gigz's team was second, just barely beating out Gothalion's team, after getting info from how Gothalion's team was doing.

Oh yeah. My mistake.

by ProbablyLast, Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 03:02 (2424 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Yeah, I think a very similar thing happened with the Kings Fall Raid. A certain group ‘killed’ Oryx but wasn’t ready for the final stand and then Goth’s team heard about it in chat and got first.

But I do have some good news...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, October 09, 2017, 15:49 (2424 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Thanks for the head's up, Sched!

In other news, Shores of Time has been remade for D2, and will be part of tomorrow's Iron Banner!:

[image][image][image]
(under the name "Distant Shore")

Exciting! Can't wait to shoulder charge the guy capping A

by Robot Chickens, Monday, October 09, 2017, 16:52 (2424 days ago) @ Korny

Also Bluerunner, the best video on the internet disappeared. Please fix.

Exciting! Can't wait to shoulder charge the guy capping A

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 09:22 (2423 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I can't find any clips from before May 2015. I guess they changed something then.

:-(

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 10:32 (2423 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Now can we have Chill Out plz?

by Funkmon @, Monday, October 09, 2017, 23:00 (2424 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

by FyreWulff, Friday, October 13, 2017, 03:30 (2421 days ago) @ Funkmon

I think the chance of seeing any Halo geometry in a Destiny game hovers around negative infinity.

by Robot Chickens, Friday, October 13, 2017, 08:01 (2420 days ago) @ FyreWulff

I think the chance of seeing any Halo geometry in a Destiny game hovers around negative infinity.

Wonder if Foundation has a shot, being marathon related and all that.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, October 13, 2017, 09:54 (2420 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Imagine Foundation with MIDA. No thank you. It was bad enough with BRs. Actually, most Halo maps seem like they’d be straight up bad in Destiny’s sandbox.

by Robot Chickens, Friday, October 13, 2017, 10:20 (2420 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Imagine Foundation with MIDA. No thank you. It was bad enough with BRs. Actually, most Halo maps seem like they’d be straight up bad in Destiny’s sandbox.

Fair about Foundation, but I'd play the heck out of Derelict, Midship, The Pit or Ivory Tower.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, October 13, 2017, 10:48 (2420 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Fair about Foundation, but I'd play the heck out of Derelict, Midship, The Pit or Ivory Tower.

Ivory Tower in Destiny flavoring would be outstanding!

Destiny Chiron.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, October 13, 2017, 12:37 (2420 days ago) @ Funkmon

The exact same blinding teleporters in Crossroads, but just everywhere.

XD

But in all seriousness, I bet Backwash would pretty awesome.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread