Clipping Glitch and Gunsmith Room Video (Destiny)

by The_Xmoose_v3, Sunday, October 15, 2017, 01:48 (2398 days ago)

Hey all,

For those of you who are not aware there was glitch found recently which allows you to clip through walls. In the tower, you can get into the gunsmith room, postmaster/eververse room and others aswell. In order to do this glitch you need to acquire the bureaucratic walk emote, which is currently for sale. Here's one video on how to do the glitch but there's many more out there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftDb67tnKyU.

I'm assuming that in order to fix this glitch, they'll simply remove the emote from the game or apply a patch.

Anyway, the reason I posted this was to one, make people aware of the glitch, so apologies if it had been posted about already.

But I also wanted to share a video of the first time I pulled the glitch off. There were a group of players who saw me in the room and clearly wanted to join in. Video below :)

Clipping Glitch and Gunsmith Room Video

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, October 15, 2017, 07:25 (2397 days ago) @ The_Xmoose_v3

Heh. Good to know that silly walk is good for something. Do we know of any places in Destiny 2 that have future content sealed away that someone now might explore?

That's awesome. Considering logging in to buy walk.

by Funkmon @, Sunday, October 15, 2017, 21:50 (2397 days ago) @ The_Xmoose_v3

- No text -

"With Government backing I could make it very silly"

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Monday, October 16, 2017, 00:50 (2397 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

I would be very careful in how you use this

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, October 16, 2017, 07:22 (2396 days ago) @ The_Xmoose_v3
edited by MacAddictXIV, Monday, October 16, 2017, 07:45

In the tower I would say go for it all the way. In PvE, use at your discretion. But In PvP, I'm personally hoping that people get banned for its use. I've already reported two people who have used it in trials.

I know this might start a "But if it was coded in the game, it's not cheating" conversation. But I'm of the opinion that if someone is using a glitch/bug to willfully gain an advantage that was not intended in the game then they should be punished for it. And I hope no one can argue that using a dance move to walk through a wall so that you can shoot out but not be harmed is even a remotely "intended" thing.

All I know is that my only recourse is to report these people who decide they want to win instead of play a fair game. I know that there are scads of people on the internet who would love to do just that, but I hope they aren't in DBO. And if they are, I hope you understand what you did when the ban hammer comes swingin'

+1

by breitzen @, Kansas, Monday, October 16, 2017, 07:30 (2396 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Looks like they've already removed it from Tess' inventory.

Ffffuuuuu

by Funkmon @, Monday, October 16, 2017, 12:40 (2396 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

I would be very careful in how you use this

by The_Xmoose_v3, Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 01:55 (2396 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I was going to put a qualifier in the post, but I thought that wouldn't be required for the good people at DBO. But yes I fully expected this glitch would be utilized in PVP to gain advantage. I've only used the glitch in the tower just for some fun. Given its game breaking nature I expected it would be patched very quickly. The emote had already been removed before the everserse store before the weekly reset. I expect for anyone who has purchased it, it will be removed from our inventory with a possible refund of dust lol.

The reset is coming up in a few minutes, I'll see if they've done anything more.

Speak for yourself, we want our Trials engram!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 06:01 (2396 days ago) @ The_Xmoose_v3

I was going to put a qualifier in the post, but I thought that wouldn't be required for the good people at DBO. But yes I fully expected this glitch would be utilized in PVP to gain advantage. I've only used the glitch in the tower just for some fun. Given its game breaking nature I expected it would be patched very quickly. The emote had already been removed before the everserse store before the weekly reset. I expect for anyone who has purchased it, it will be removed from our inventory with a possible refund of dust lol.

The reset is coming up in a few minutes, I'll see if they've done anything more.

Just kidding. :v

We don't need to cheat, we've got Groot!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread