Festival of the Lost? (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, October 19, 2017, 10:06 (2393 days ago)

So it seems to me it's about time for my favorite Destiny holiday: Festival of the Lost.

...And then I realized the D2 PC release is on the 24th, which would put PC players right smack in the middle of the FoL window. And that wouldn't make a lot of sense.

And I can't find any definitive info in my first ten minutes of searching the internet, which obviously means said information doesn't exist. So it leaves me wondering.

~M

Festival of the Lost?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, October 19, 2017, 10:08 (2393 days ago) @ Malagate

It won't happen the first year, but I could be wrong.

It makes more sense to meet her that content out over time rather than have it available all up front. So, expect it next year but not the first. Isn't that how it was with D1?

Festival of the Lost?

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, October 19, 2017, 10:14 (2393 days ago) @ Revenant1988

if there's no FOTL or SRL this year, there may be riots

Festival of the Lost?

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, October 19, 2017, 10:15 (2393 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I would honestly be pretty bummed. I've been really excited imagining the new Tower done up for Festival of the Lost.

Festival of the Lost?

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, October 19, 2017, 10:17 (2393 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I would honestly be pretty bummed. I've been really excited imagining the new Tower done up for Festival of the Lost.

Same here.

And I'm surprised I'm even forming this sentence, but FoL actually makes me look forward to spending real money on ingame currency.

~M

+13

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, October 19, 2017, 13:11 (2393 days ago) @ Malagate

- No text -

Festival of the Lost?

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, October 19, 2017, 10:16 (2393 days ago) @ Revenant1988

It won't happen the first year, but I could be wrong.

It makes more sense to meet her that content out over time rather than have it available all up front. So, expect it next year but not the first. Isn't that how it was with D1?

From a business standpoint, sure, it makes a certain amount of sense. But from a community standpoint, I feel like it's a mistake to break that tradition. If anyone is hot for that sexy, sexy microtransaction action, events like that are the way to do it, IMO.

But I bet you're right. My inner 7-yo weeps. Wonder if we should hold a Jack O'Lyte contest...

~M

I'm betting on Yes.

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, October 19, 2017, 10:30 (2393 days ago) @ Malagate

So it seems to me it's about time for my favorite Destiny holiday: Festival of the Lost.

...And then I realized the D2 PC release is on the 24th, which would put PC players right smack in the middle of the FoL window. And that wouldn't make a lot of sense.

And I can't find any definitive info in my first ten minutes of searching the internet, which obviously means said information doesn't exist. So it leaves me wondering.

~M

I could see them delaying it a week on PC, but knowing how fast Destiny players play...

No FoL = preorder cancelled!!

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, October 19, 2017, 10:37 (2393 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

Who is going to give us raisins??? FotL w/o Eris feels wrong

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, October 19, 2017, 11:20 (2393 days ago) @ Malagate

- No text -

Cayde chests gave me charred celery & ascendant artichoke

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Thursday, October 19, 2017, 12:40 (2393 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

Yeah, but he doesn't play the frustrated-mom quite as well

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, October 19, 2017, 12:44 (2393 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

- No text -

Agreed, he's more a shifty/lazy Dad at the door.

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Thursday, October 19, 2017, 14:56 (2393 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

Festival of the Lost?

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, October 19, 2017, 12:46 (2393 days ago) @ Malagate

to my knowledge Bungie hasn't said anything yet either way. I figure if they are going to do anything it will be at the next weekly reset since it is the last one befoe the 31st.

Festival of the Lost?

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, October 19, 2017, 13:13 (2393 days ago) @ CougRon

That has been my thought. Or is that a hope?

No Festival. Dawning, Though!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, October 21, 2017, 07:30 (2391 days ago) @ Malagate

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread