Datamined spoilers (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 11:55 (2389 days ago)

Watch out. The PC version has been datamined and there are tons of spoilers in there regarding upcoming content. Careful what you click on reddit.

This is why we can't have nice things PC

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 11:56 (2389 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Welcome to the World of PC Gameing Bungie!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 12:38 (2389 days ago) @ Cody Miller

If could make your game freely modifiable, that would be nice thanks.

Source?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 12:59 (2389 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Mainly 'cause spoilers don't bother me and I'd like to read what people have found. :)

reddit link (no SP in my post)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 13:02 (2389 days ago) @ Ragashingo

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/78gt7f/spoiler_d2_pc_datamine_major_spoilers/

spoilers come in the form of unused audio files found in the game install. Some of them refer to things that Bungie has already claimed was not happening, so it could be leftover D1 stuff.

Cool. Thanks. :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 13:03 (2389 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

Interesting.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 11:15 (2388 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/78gt7f/spoiler_d2_pc_datamine_major_spoilers/

spoilers come in the form of unused audio files found in the game install. Some of them refer to things that Bungie has already claimed was not happening, so it could be leftover D1 stuff.

Regardless, great mind fodder.

So, I'm wondering. The Gift Mast = the Spire we see in Trials? Maybe I'm way behind on that.

Either way, the line between speculation and spoilers has become pretty muddy.

Which I enjoy.

~M

Interesting.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 11:47 (2388 days ago) @ Malagate

So, I'm wondering. The Gift Mast = the Spire we see in Trials? Maybe I'm way behind on that.

Maybe. A few things kinda support that:

1. The place you go after winning at Trials is called Unknown Space but it appears to be within a black hole that you see as you travel towards it. The Traveler once manipulated a black hole to save a solar system from destruction. That said, the Spire in Trials is not that Gift Mast. That one was destroyed by Oryx and company.

2. The achievement you get for winning a game of Trials of the Nine is called Lest Ye Be Judged which has the description of "Encounter an Emissary from beyond." Well, Beyond is an actual place in Destiny. My interpretation of it is Beyond is our physical universe, but maybe we would call this strange pocket space described in this Grimoire card "Beyond" as well?

We'll probably need to wait to learn more, but I don't think you're on the wrong track by any means.

Interesting.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 13:55 (2387 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Maybe. A few things kinda support that:

1. The place you go after winning at Trials is called Unknown Space but it appears to be within a black hole that you see as you travel towards it. The Traveler once manipulated a black hole to save a solar system from destruction. That said, the Spire in Trials is not that Gift Mast. That one was destroyed by Oryx and company.

2. The achievement you get for winning a game of Trials of the Nine is called Lest Ye Be Judged which has the description of "Encounter an Emissary from beyond." Well, Beyond is an actual place in Destiny. My interpretation of it is Beyond is our physical universe, but maybe we would call this strange pocket space described in this Grimoire card "Beyond" as well?

We'll probably need to wait to learn more, but I don't think you're on the wrong track by any means.

I’m thinking this mast/spire thing is a habit of the Traveler. A Spire/mast that bestows gifts based on prowess? Something to embolden and hones the power of a select population that has been chosen. The Traveler has clearly failed in this endeavor with the Fallen, and with this other population that was beset by the Hive. Now it’s our turn.

~M

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread