How do you share Raid checkpoints? (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 06:31 (2388 days ago)

Last night a DBOer saved a checkpoint to an alt character. I joined him later to try to get that checkpoint. We traversed the underbelly to get to the door to the gauntlet room, but it wouldn't open.

Anybody have any theories as to why this would be?

How do you share Raid checkpoints?

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 07:24 (2388 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by DiscipleN2k, Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 07:29

Last night a DBOer saved a checkpoint to an alt character. I joined him later to try to get that checkpoint. We traversed the underbelly to get to the door to the gauntlet room, but it wouldn't open.

Not sure why it wouldn't work the same for the underbelly, but when Steel got us a checkpoint for Calus last week, we just ran through the Castellum section like normal and the Throne Room door was the one that opened.

I'm curious, though. We knew the group had the checkpoint because the mission text said something along the lines of "Join Calus in the Throne Room" or something like that. Does your mission text indicate that the next section you have to complete is the Gauntlet? I'm really interested to know if the checkpoint transferred to you without you having to enter the encounter area. If so, any chance you could share? :)

-Disciple

Edit: I like how spoiler tagging the encounter names makes this post look like a declassified government document.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 07:28 (2388 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Not sure why it wouldn't work the same for the underbelly, but when Steel got us a checkpoint for Calus last week, we just ran through the Castellum section like normal and the Throne Room door was the one that opened.

I'm curious, though. We knew the group had the checkpoint because the mission text said something along the lines of "Join Calus in the Throne Room" or something like that. Does your mission text indicate that the next section you have to complete is the Gauntlet? I'm really interested to know if the checkpoint transferred to you without you having to enter the encounter area. If so, any chance you could share? :)

-Disciple

I actually went in this morning to check that and my ghost said enter the Royal Pools, so I don't know.

Have you guys got to the gauntlet room yet? Could you ping me tonight so I could try and grab that checkpoint from you?

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 07:36 (2388 days ago) @ Kermit

-Disciple

I actually went in this morning to check that and my ghost said enter the Royal Pools, so I don't know.

Have you guys got to the gauntlet room yet? Could you ping me tonight so I could try and grab that checkpoint from you?

Also, one of the paths to the Gauntlets (The one through irrigation) doesn't open up till you beat the encounter. So make sure you're going through the armory (although it does sound like you actually got the checkpoint for Royal Pools).

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 07:37 (2388 days ago) @ Kermit

Ah, darn. I figured you probably needed to get into the encounter area to get the checkpoint, but I was hoping.

We haven't had a chance to run it yet. We'll have about two hours to make an attempt tonight, and I think may be the only time we'll all be able to get online together until the reset. If we don't get hung up in the Gardens, we'll probably get stuck in the Gauntlet again so we should be able to hook you up with a checkpoint.

-Disciple

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 07:59 (2388 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

breitzen pointed out that it looks like you've got a checkpoint for baths. If so, and you were able to get that checkpoint just from entering the underbelly together, if there's any way I can get the baths checkpoint from you before we run tonight, it will save us a ton of time. We can fly through baths in no time and then hook you up with the Gauntlet checkpoint once we've made it through.

We've got the baths section down to a science, but I'm worried about wasting the little time we have fumbling through the gardens again.

-Disciple

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 08:04 (2388 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

breitzen pointed out that it looks like you've got a checkpoint for baths. If so, and you were able to get that checkpoint just from entering the underbelly together, if there's any way I can get the baths checkpoint from you before we run tonight, it will save us a ton of time. We can fly through baths in no time and then hook you up with the Gauntlet checkpoint once we've made it through.

We've got the baths section down to a science, but I'm worried about wasting the little time we have fumbling through the gardens again.

-Disciple

Unfortunately, I don't have a checkpoint. The order this week is Pools > Gardens > Gauntlets.

Darn

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 08:16 (2388 days ago) @ Kermit

Unfortunately, I don't have a checkpoint. The order this week is Pools > Gardens > Gauntlets.

REALLY didn't want to do gardens again. Ah, well. Maybe it won't be so bad the 2nd time :p

-Disciple

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread