Game over (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 13:16 (2375 days ago)

Looks like MegamanEXE got banned from the PC version.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/78lkad/pc_bans_are_not_being_caused_by_third_party/douydj7/?context=3

Looks like no more peeks at Xur’s wares ahead of time!

Now witness the firepower...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 13:38 (2375 days ago) @ Cody Miller

... of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!

Fire at will, Commander!

KER-PEW!

*MegamanEXE Has Been Banned*

Thanks for any context or info on who the guy is...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 14:12 (2375 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Looks like MegamanEXE got banned from the PC version.

Congrats to him, I guess? Something about Xur and D1 I can infer, but when you make a post, it's helpful to give some more insight as to why it might be relevant.

I hear that you're trying to become a writer some day, so consider it free advice. ;)

The guy who would post what Xur was selling in advance. Lame

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 14:18 (2375 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Picked up on that, but is/was he relevant in any other way?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 14:21 (2375 days ago) @ Funkmon

From Cody's clickbait title, to the fact that he think's it's noteworthy, I'd imagine this guy to be a notable figure in the community, but I don't know who the guy is at all, other than a possible cheater.

by EffortlessFury @, Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 14:33 (2375 days ago) @ Korny

From Cody's clickbait title, to the fact that he think's it's noteworthy, I'd imagine this guy to be a notable figure in the community, but I don't know who the guy is at all, other than a possible cheater.

Having someone somewhat high profile in the community get banned in this wave of uncertain bans lends some level of credence to the idea that there's actually an issue at hand. Would someone well known in the community risk tarnishing their reputation with a lie (that they were banned, unfairly or at all)?

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 15:26 (2375 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

Would someone well known in the community risk tarnishing their reputation with a lie (that they were banned, unfairly or at all)?

Yes, this is the internet. I trust Bungie, who banned a whopping 400 people, over a random asshole on the internet.

by EffortlessFury @, Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 19:51 (2375 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Would someone well known in the community risk tarnishing their reputation with a lie (that they were banned, unfairly or at all)?

Yes, this is the internet. I trust Bungie, who banned a whopping 400 people, over a random asshole on the internet.

My thoughts are that it's entirely likely either

A. Destiny 2 is reporting a ban when its a temp. restriction
OR
B. Users are reporting restrictions as bans.

Either way, why haven't I seen any screenshot proof from anyone?

Korny: First confirmed psychic found, but how's his slider?

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 14:57 (2375 days ago) @ Korny

What the hell more do you want? This guy told the future to tell us what Xur was going to sell. He's notable.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 15:52 (2375 days ago) @ Korny

He was definitely well known, in that he’d datamine the game and also look ahead at Xur’s inventory, as well as vendors and iron banner amoung other things.

Game over

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 15:12 (2375 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I would posit that he was poking around in stuff he shouldn't have been poking around in.

Game over

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, October 26, 2017, 07:40 (2375 days ago) @ dogcow

Given his history, it would surprise me if he wasn't doing that.

This makes me sad

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 16:08 (2375 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This person provided tons of relevant info to the community. I miss their old posts on Reddit from back in D1

Update on Bans

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, October 26, 2017, 07:53 (2375 days ago) @ Cody Miller

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46426

Update: As part of our ban review process, we have identified a group of players who were banned in error. Those players have been unbanned. The bans were not related to the third-party applications listed above. We will continue to review the process we use to ensure a fun and fair game.

Update on Bans

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, October 26, 2017, 09:07 (2375 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Update: As part of our ban review process, we have identified a group of players who were banned in error. Those players have been unbanned. The bans were not related to the third-party applications listed above. We will continue to review the process we use to ensure a fun and fair game.

To throw some numbers in there:

They originally banned 400 people. (I have no clue how many hundreds of thousands of people bought Destiny 2 PC.)

They identified 4 that were incorrectly banned.

I have a feeling that the process is a little more rigorous (both the banning and the unbanning) than the average Reddit user believes. :)

Update on Bans

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, October 26, 2017, 09:18 (2375 days ago) @ Claude Errera

They originally banned 400 people. (I have no clue how many hundreds of thousands of people bought Destiny 2 PC.)

I have a feeling that the process is a little more rigorous (both the banning and the unbanning) than the average Reddit user believes. :)

The 4 ppl are in the original post. there was an unspecified number that were later unbanned as well (hence the update in italics at the bottom).

Update on Bans

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, October 26, 2017, 09:45 (2375 days ago) @ Claude Errera

The average reddit user believes Bungie is lying and that they lie about everything.

Update on Bans

by Kahzgul, Thursday, October 26, 2017, 16:38 (2374 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The average reddit user believes Bungie is lying and that they lie about everything.

The average reddit user believes everyone is lying and that they lie about everything.

Update on Bans

by Avateur @, Thursday, October 26, 2017, 20:36 (2374 days ago) @ Kahzgul

The average reddit user believes everyone is lying and that they lie about everything.

Big Assassin's Creed fans those ones. Nothing is true; everything is permitted.

+1

by Robot Chickens, Friday, October 27, 2017, 12:11 (2373 days ago) @ Avateur

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread