PC clan redundant? Looks like rewards are cross-platform (Destiny)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, October 26, 2017, 13:26 (2375 days ago)
edited by Schedonnardus, Thursday, October 26, 2017, 13:33

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/78vons/clans_that_are_on_console_aswell_as_pc_share/

If this claim is true, PC players can join a console clan and get reward engrams. Since the DBO PC clan only has 15 members, this could actually help us get clan rewards.

My only question is, would those of us on multiple platforms count as 2 members in the clan?

EDIT: nevermind, looks like if you join on multiple platforms, you will take up multiple slots. So obviously, there isn't enough room in the xbox clan to do this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/78vons/clans_that_are_on_console_aswell_as_pc_share/doxjeza/

EDIT 2: PSN clan only has 65 members, so it would be doable if the admins allowed it.

PC clan redundant? Looks like rewards are cross-platform

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, October 26, 2017, 13:41 (2375 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

EDIT: nevermind, looks like if you join on multiple platforms, you will take up multiple slots. So obviously, there isn't enough room in the xbox clan to do this.

Yeah this is the main reason we created 3 separate clans.

EDIT 2: PSN clan only has 65 members, so it would be doable if the admins allowed it.

The real problem is growth. As we invite our friends and more DBO members get D2 on PC we are going to have problems with the PSN clan filling up. With our current PC clan all transferring to PSN we'd only have 20 slots available for both the PSN clan and the PC clan combined.

It's really just a shame they make it take up multiple slots. I'd prefer we were all in one or two clans.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, October 26, 2017, 14:01 (2375 days ago) @ Xenos

yeah, i guess they don't want the clans to get too big, b/c it would be too easy to max out the XP, but at the same time, they are splitting up groups like DBO.

there should be some way to scale the XP requirements so that large (100+) clans have to work a little bit harder. maybe make the scaling start at 101 members. Maybe at 101-150 members, you would have to generate 150% of the XP to level up (would still have the per person caps, so you would need clan participation to do it).

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, October 26, 2017, 14:10 (2375 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

yeah, i guess they don't want the clans to get too big, b/c it would be too easy to max out the XP, but at the same time, they are splitting up groups like DBO.

there should be some way to scale the XP requirements so that large (100+) clans have to work a little bit harder. maybe make the scaling start at 101 members. Maybe at 101-150 members, you would have to generate 150% of the XP to level up (would still have the per person caps, so you would need clan participation to do it).

Their stated reason for limiting clan size to 100 doesn't have anything to do with the XP rates or other clan perks -- it's about ensuring that clans remain intimate groups where everyone knows each other and plays together.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, October 26, 2017, 14:23 (2375 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Their stated reason for limiting clan size to 100 doesn't have anything to do with the XP rates or other clan perks -- it's about ensuring that clans remain intimate groups where everyone knows each other and plays together.

then I wish that they'd cap it at 100 Bungie.net accounts, and not double count people that are on multiple platforms

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, October 26, 2017, 14:31 (2375 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

then I wish that they'd cap it at 100 Bungie.net accounts, and not double count people that are on multiple platforms

Yeah, that would definitely make a lot of sense and still fit within the philosophy.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, October 26, 2017, 15:28 (2374 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Well, that's good because with the XP caps it would make no sense.

May this be the crack that leads to cross-platform saves.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, October 26, 2017, 13:44 (2375 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/78vons/clans_that_are_on_console_aswell_as_pc_share/

If this claim is true, PC players can join a console clan and get reward engrams. Since the DBO PC clan only has 15 members, this could actually help us get clan rewards.

My only question is, would those of us on multiple platforms count as 2 members in the clan?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/78vons/clans_that_are_on_console_aswell_as_pc_share/doxjeza/

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread