D1 Xur is selling Jade Rabbit (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, October 27, 2017, 03:59 (2374 days ago)

Just in case any Xbox players want to pick it up. He's across from Shaxx in the Tower.

Came to post this. Yay!!!!

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, October 27, 2017, 06:57 (2374 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

D1 Xur is selling Jade Rabbit

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, October 27, 2017, 07:01 (2374 days ago) @ bluerunner

Meanwhile, in Destiny 2, Xur continues to shit on hunters :-/

He's now sold duplicates 3 out of the 7 weeks, and refuses to sell either of the two best hunter exotics (Orpheus Rig and Celestial Nighthawk).

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, October 27, 2017, 07:13 (2374 days ago) @ Speedracer513

He's now sold duplicates 3 out of the 7 weeks, and refuses to sell either of the two best hunter exotics (Orpheus Rig and Celestial Nighthawk).

Is Xur selling the same thing across Xbone, PSIV and,PersonalC? If so, then I'd give him a pass as there are no duplicates on PComputer yet.

I don't want to hear it

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, October 27, 2017, 07:46 (2374 days ago) @ Speedracer513

You probably don't recall the hilarious* Sunbreakers streak in Destiny 1 for Warlocks.

*Was not in fact hilarious. It was outright frustrating.

I don't want to hear it

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, October 27, 2017, 11:08 (2374 days ago) @ Beorn

You probably don't recall the hilarious* Sunbreakers streak in Destiny 1 for Warlocks.

*Was not in fact hilarious. It was outright frustrating.

My first exotic of D2. After laughing for a bit, promptly sharded them out of spite.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, October 27, 2017, 07:47 (2374 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Nothing Xur’s been selling I’ve using for gear. Foetracer has minimal advantages and good situational awareness more than makes up for Knucklehead Radar’s ADS radar perk. Picked up Celestial Nighthawk through a random drop a couple days ago and it feels like my Hunter has become whole once more. It had to have been my first Exotic in Destiny when I came back for Rise of Iron. That single Golden Gun shot snips off way more shield and health from bosses than it should and I adore it.

Woo! Meanwhile, over in D2...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, October 27, 2017, 07:16 (2374 days ago) @ bluerunner

He's in Io, Giant's Scar.

• D.A.R.C.I., Sniper Rifle
    Objectively pretty useless. I couldn't find any benefit to using this over any other sniper, so I watched a video dissecting the exotic perk and passive abilities. It has a high rate of fire, and some above average aim assist, but its pretty high recoil negates those two things, and it's too little to justify using up an exotic slot.

• Knucklehead Radar, Hunter helmet
    Pretty much the same as in D1. If you are okay with a hideous helmet (though it does look a little better than in D1), then go for it.

• Actium War Rig, Titan chest piece
    Get it. One of the best Titan Exotics, and the more rounds your Auto rifle has, the better the exotic perk works.

• Eye of Another World, Warlock helmet
    One of the more disappointing Warlock exotics (and that's saying something), it's still better than nothing, and if you run Solar Warlock and no Void weapons, this is the only ability-buffing helmet that you can get.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, October 27, 2017, 07:51 (2374 days ago) @ Korny

He's in Io, Giant's Scar.

• D.A.R.C.I., Sniper Rifle
    Objectively pretty useless. I couldn't find any benefit to using this over any other sniper, so I watched a video dissecting the exotic perk and passive abilities. It has a high rate of fire, and some above average aim assist, but its pretty high recoil negates those two things, and it's too little to justify using up an exotic slot.

It looks neat and is based off of one of my favorite pre-Golden Age rifles, the M14. Other than that, yeah, I’m not excusing The Mornin’ Comes anytime soon for my go-to sniper rifle. D.A.R.C.I. doesn’t offer any advantage that I can’t figure out for myself without wasting an Exotic slot.

Titan's Rejoice!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, October 27, 2017, 07:55 (2374 days ago) @ Korny
edited by MacAddictXIV, Friday, October 27, 2017, 08:20

[*]Actium War Rig, Titan chest piece
Get it. One of the best Titan Exotics, and the more rounds your Auto rifle has, the better the exotic perk works.

I second this! I've tried so hard to try out other exotics, and I want to love other exotics but this armor piece is just so darned good! I also love Auto rifles, so that helps a lot.

Note: If you couple this with Sweet business you can shoot for days

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/MacAddictXIV/video/37785450

I did the math on this: With a clip of 99 on Sweet Business and The Rig adding 10 rounds every 1-2 seconds, by the time it goes through the 99 rounds + the rounds added during firing, it adds an extra 80 rounds for a total of 179 rounds, which is roughly about 17-18 seconds of bullet hose. The downside to this is that you only get about 3-4 clips :D

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, October 27, 2017, 08:02 (2374 days ago) @ Korny

[*]Knucklehead Radar, Hunter helmet
Pretty much the same as in D1. If you are okay with a hideous helmet (though it does look a little better than in D1), then go for it.

One minor but important note: it works for ALL weapons in D2 instead of just for primary.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, October 27, 2017, 08:45 (2374 days ago) @ Xenos

[*]Knucklehead Radar, Hunter helmet

One minor but important note: it works for ALL weapons in D2 instead of just for primary.

One other minor point: Knucklehead Radar has always looked awesome.

Wait, I thought it just made you *look* like a knucklehead…

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, October 27, 2017, 10:32 (2374 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Wait, I thought it just made you *look* like a knucklehead…

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, October 27, 2017, 10:43 (2374 days ago) @ Beorn
edited by Ragashingo, Friday, October 27, 2017, 10:55

Well, it depends on how craftily you read the lore. Either its a visor that helps you find knuckleheads... or that blatant over the top animated hologram projected off the front of it helps smart people find you:

You can see the point, right? Who wants to team up with one?

"If you were rich, what would you do with all your money?"

"Uh… I dunno. Maybe start my own business. Be some kinda bounty hunter."

"What you mean, bounty hunter? We got thousands of Guardians running around, bounty-hunting anything that moves!"

"Nuh-uh! That's all just sport. Them Awoken out in the Reef, I figure they might pay me to hunt folks down. And I got a secret. It's gonna gimme a real leg up on all them Guardians who come to copycat me when they see what a good idea I got."

"Yeah? What is it?"

"This Hunter, she sold me a visor that lets you find all the stupid enemies in a crowd. Called it 'knucklehead radar' or something like that."

"Huh. How's it work?"

"Couldn't tell ya."

Great piece. I love how just the word choice and dialogue illustrates the main character.

Hunters don't need armor for that.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, October 27, 2017, 10:43 (2374 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

+1

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, October 27, 2017, 10:40 (2374 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

FINALLY!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, October 27, 2017, 07:52 (2374 days ago) @ bluerunner

Thanks for the heads-up!!! It's only been, what, two years? And I still don't have Jade Rabbit… Definitely hopping on D1 tonight.

Now if I could use the damn thing in D2, that'd be sweet. *le sigh*

Just wait until D3 comes out.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, October 27, 2017, 07:57 (2374 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread