Curse of Osiris (Destiny)

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, October 30, 2017, 09:29 (2371 days ago)

My Guardian’s heart is whole again

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, October 30, 2017, 09:31 (2371 days ago) @ Grizzlei

I earned back my Celestial Nighthawk last week and now...

[image]

I love you, Jade Rabbit!

My Guardian’s heart is whole again

by Harmanimus @, Monday, October 30, 2017, 11:47 (2371 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Telesto-is-Besto is also returning. The Titan right behind that one has it out.

Curse of Osiris has everything...

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, October 30, 2017, 11:52 (2371 days ago) @ Harmanimus

[image]

If they bring back all of the Playstation exclusive stuff...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, October 30, 2017, 11:52 (2371 days ago) @ Grizzlei

[image]

I love you, Jade Rabbit!

I'll love them 5ever (as everyone knows, I felt really bad for our dear Xbox friends when they didn't get a fair chance to enjoy the content)...

Jade Rabbit's gonna single-handedly fix all of our Raid ammo issues... Assuming it works the same way as before.

Waiting for D2 Jade Rabbit to be announced as PS4 Exclusive.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Monday, October 30, 2017, 11:54 (2371 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, October 30, 2017, 11:58 (2371 days ago) @ Korny

[image]

I love you, Jade Rabbit!

I'll love them 5ever (as everyone knows, I felt really bad for our dear Xbox friends when they didn't get a fair chance to enjoy the content)...

Jade Rabbit's gonna single-handedly fix all of our Raid ammo issues... Assuming it works the same way as before.

I don’t remember picking up primary ammo for months when I got her in Year Three. I just know something has to be off with this comeback of Jade Rabbit.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, October 30, 2017, 12:10 (2371 days ago) @ Grizzlei

[image]

I love you, Jade Rabbit!

I don’t remember picking up primary ammo for months when I got her in Year Three. I just know something has to be off with this comeback of Jade Rabbit.

It'd be nice if they include an ornament to make it... ya know... Jade? Just Like the Tickling Kitten has. I mean, I love the color and design as-is, but I'm a logical kind of guy (BTW, like all PS4-exclusives after Year 1, Borealis doesn't have an ornament either. What gives, Bungo?)...

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, October 30, 2017, 12:14 (2371 days ago) @ Korny

[image]

I love you, Jade Rabbit!

It'd be nice if they include an ornament to make it... ya know... Jade? Just Like the Tickling Kitten has. I mean, I love the color and design as-is, but I'm a logical kind of guy (BTW, like all PS4-exclusives after Year 1, Borealis doesn't have an ornament either. What gives, Bungo?)...

I suspect we’ll get an ornament befitting it’s name. Every ornament thus far seems to play on the name or theme of the base gun. Of course, we could end up with a neon rabbit emanating from Jade Rabbit with that kinda thinking.

Curse of Osiris

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, October 30, 2017, 09:36 (2371 days ago) @ Grizzlei

That's one crazy looking ghost.
[image]

Curse of Osiris

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, October 30, 2017, 09:53 (2371 days ago) @ bluerunner

That's one crazy looking ghost.
[image]

I feel like that Ghost is going to talk down to me, like a floating, aggressively apathetic Asher Mir.

Curse of Osiris

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, October 30, 2017, 09:42 (2371 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Osiris looks awesome! I want some sweet ornamental flair armor!

Curse of Osiris

by MacGyver10 ⌂, Tennessee, Monday, October 30, 2017, 10:04 (2371 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Lore-wise and aesthetically, the Vex and their environments have always seems the coolest of all Destiny's creations to me. This expansion looks awesome though.

Anyone know if there's a raid included? If there's a raid included, you all do a DBO stream (with headset audio included) so I can check it out. Had to get my viewing from YouTube for this last one.

- MacGyver10

I don't think so

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, October 30, 2017, 10:14 (2371 days ago) @ MacGyver10

Anyone know if there's a raid included? If there's a raid included, you all do a DBO stream (with headset audio included) so I can check it out. Had to get my viewing from YouTube for this last one.

I would imagine that if they had a new raid ready to roll, they'd have announced it in this trailer. But! Whenever the next one launches, I'll have the hookup for watching us blind raid. I finally got my equipment set up so that I can properly broadcast our party chat along with 1080p streaming/capture. :)

"New raid content" mentioned by Activision

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Monday, October 30, 2017, 10:38 (2371 days ago) @ Beorn

From the Activision blog.

Curse of Osiris adds a new chapter to the world of Destiny 2, expanding the universe by adding an all-new cinematic story with new and returning characters, a new destination to explore, Mercury and its Infinite Forest, a new social space to visit called the Lighthouse, new missions, new strikes, new raid content, new free roam activities. a world quest to complete, and more.

Hopefully "new raid content" means a new raid and not an update to the existing raid (challenges, probably), but the wording leaves wiggle room.

-Disciple

"New raid content" mentioned by Activision

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, October 30, 2017, 11:40 (2371 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

From the Activision blog.

Curse of Osiris adds a new chapter to the world of Destiny 2, expanding the universe by adding an all-new cinematic story with new and returning characters, a new destination to explore, Mercury and its Infinite Forest, a new social space to visit called the Lighthouse, new missions, new strikes, new raid content, new free roam activities. a world quest to complete, and more.

Hopefully "new raid content" means a new raid and not an update to the existing raid (challenges, probably), but the wording leaves wiggle room.

-Disciple

Challenges are dropping tomorrow actually!

Good to know!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Monday, October 30, 2017, 11:53 (2371 days ago) @ Xenos

That's going to leave them a bit less room for the expansion to add "new raid content" without adding a new raid. I'll definitely be keeping my fingers crossed!

-Disciple

Curse of Osiris

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, October 30, 2017, 10:29 (2371 days ago) @ MacGyver10

Lore-wise and aesthetically, the Vex and their environments have always seems the coolest of all Destiny's creations to me. This expansion looks awesome though.

- MacGyver10

The Vex totally leave me speechless. I remember reading the Grimoire cards about them years ago and thinking their lore inspired bewildering mystique, theory, and unhealthy amounts of dread and wonder. To me, the Vex are an embodiment of time and space as vehemently nonlinear properties. I look upon a Goblin or Harpy and see a living being entombed in breathing titanium. I have many conclusions to draw about the nature of the Vex and I know even the correct ones are but an itsy bitsy atom in a Pyramidion of further intricate uncertainty.

"New raid "content""

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, October 30, 2017, 10:41 (2371 days ago) @ MacGyver10

Anyone know if there's a raid included?

[image]

I'm not sure exactly what "new raid content" means - but the fact that they didn't just say "new raid" has me worried that they are repeating the mistake of House of Wolves by not having a fresh raid.

I really hope they're not just holding back the "challenge modes" for the Leviathan to be this "new raid content"...

Correction: I just remembered that Leviathan Challenge Modes start tomorrow.

"New raid "content""

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, October 30, 2017, 11:05 (2371 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I really hope they're not just holding back the "challenge modes" for the Leviathan to be this "new raid content"...

To be fair, in Destiny, almost everything but the raid was lackluster, but in Des2ny the non raid content is greatly improved. I still think it's a mistake to not have a new raid, but it won't be a blunder if they nail everything else.

"New raid "content""

by cheapLEY @, Monday, October 30, 2017, 11:36 (2371 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I still don’t think that was a mistake or that it would be this time. Prison of Elders wasn’t great, but I still like the idea, and I would welcome new non-raid end game activities and ideas.

"New raid "content""

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, October 30, 2017, 11:44 (2371 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Anyone know if there's a raid included?

[image]

I'm not sure exactly what "new raid content" means - but the fact that they didn't just say "new raid" has me worried that they are repeating the mistake of House of Wolves by not having a fresh raid.

Correction: I just remembered that Leviathan Challenge Modes start tomorrow.

Honestly, and I say this as someone who hasn't had the chance to run the raid every week (or even finish it), I don't want a new raid yet. I'm a bit burn out on raid challenges, and by challenge I mean the most difficult raid challenge of all--scheduling.

"New raid "content""

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Monday, October 30, 2017, 11:57 (2371 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm a bit burn out on raid challenges, and by challenge I mean the most difficult raid challenge of all--scheduling.

Calus was a push-over next to trying to get 6 people with jobs online at the same time for more than two hours in a single week :p

-Disciple

Preach it, brother!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, October 30, 2017, 12:06 (2371 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

Preach it, brother!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, October 30, 2017, 15:28 (2370 days ago) @ Kermit

I think Destiny 2 really needs a PoE-style activity... just, y’know, good (;p)

Snark aside, some kind of high-level activity that’s a bit less time demanding and coordination focused than the raid would be great. I’d love to see it accommodate 6 players, too. Or even more :)

Preach it, brother!

by Harmanimus @, Monday, October 30, 2017, 15:54 (2370 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

So a PoE-meets-Court/Forge, with variable arenas, enemies, and mechanics to support replayability not focused on mechanical precision? If that, then yes. So much yes.

*Cough*Lost Sectors 2.0... *Ahm*

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, October 30, 2017, 15:59 (2370 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Preach it, brother!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, October 30, 2017, 16:33 (2370 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I think Destiny 2 really needs a PoE-style activity... just, y’know, good (;p)

Is that possible? Really. Has there ever been a horde mode / PoE mode that didn't grow old quickly? I'm not sure it can be done.

Preach it, brother!

by Harmanimus @, Monday, October 30, 2017, 17:00 (2370 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I would suggest that is a loaded question. It depends on what you are looking to get out of it, and what style of play is going to keep you entertained in a long run. Additionally, what changes are provided over time to that experience.

For a PoE-like mode I would say that Ziggurat is a really quality experience. Arena shooter gameplay derived from Hexen/Heretic in a random generating sequence of challenge rooms leading to a Boss to unlock the next level. Separately I would also suggest ODSTs "inevitable failure" design provides a very compelling experience for many people.

Preach it, brother!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, October 30, 2017, 17:08 (2370 days ago) @ Harmanimus

I would suggest that is a loaded question. It depends on what you are looking to get out of it, and what style of play is going to keep you entertained in a long run. Additionally, what changes are provided over time to that experience.

For a PoE-like mode I would say that Ziggurat is a really quality experience. Arena shooter gameplay derived from Hexen/Heretic in a random generating sequence of challenge rooms leading to a Boss to unlock the next level. Separately I would also suggest ODSTs "inevitable failure" design provides a very compelling experience for many people.

Okay yes, you are right, because the number of hours put in is not necessarily indicative of fun.

I guess what I mean is which horde modes have a depth and complexity to them.

Preach it, brother!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, October 31, 2017, 07:03 (2370 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Separately I would also suggest ODSTs "inevitable failure" design provides a very compelling experience for many people.

I spent many, many hours in college playing ODST firefight with a buddy. We spent almost 7 hours on one game one time. It was totally worth it to me.

Okay yes, you are right, because the number of hours put in is not necessarily indicative of fun.

This is true, but again, that varies by person.

I guess what I mean is which horde modes have a depth and complexity to them.

I would argue that this is great, but that a lot of people don't need a very complex game mode. I mean, people had a TON of fun with the PvP and unlimited powers.

Sometimes people just want to watch the world burn.

Osiris is straight outta Horizon Zero Dawn...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, October 30, 2017, 10:12 (2371 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Yeah, he totally would dress in the awesome Shadow Carja garb...

And speaking of HZD, THAT FROZEN WILDS TRAILER THO

A+ segue right there...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, October 30, 2017, 10:50 (2371 days ago) @ Korny

Yeah, he totally would dress in the awesome Shadow Carja garb...

And speaking of HZD, THAT FROZEN WILDS TRAILER THO

Also, HOT DAMN ,THAT TRAILER!!!

A+ segue right there...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, October 30, 2017, 11:27 (2371 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Also, HOT DAMN ,THAT TRAILER!!!

Also, I like how a game that I had zero interest in completely sold me with one cheap gimmick...

Plus, it's co-op, so...

Uh oh

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, October 30, 2017, 10:13 (2371 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Osiris looks to be wearing Sunbreakers (blue, though). Is the Curse of Osiris what makes Xûr keep selling them on a row?

Will we see brother vance again?

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, October 30, 2017, 11:01 (2371 days ago) @ Grizzlei

- No text -

Selfie Emote

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, October 30, 2017, 13:10 (2371 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Sold. Random loot boxes, here I come! :p

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, October 30, 2017, 13:11 (2371 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

Selfie Emote

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, October 30, 2017, 13:12 (2371 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/79prj3/firstperson_selfie_emote_confirmed/

[image]

Finally a way to see our faces in focus outside of cutscene. One of my longstanding criticisms of Destiny is that you never get to see your character's face as clearly as you do in the character creation interface.

watch this end up being a PS exclusive

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, October 30, 2017, 13:16 (2371 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

That's hilarious.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, November 01, 2017, 07:11 (2369 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

This looks fantastic!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, October 30, 2017, 13:13 (2371 days ago) @ Grizzlei

- No text -

This looks fantastic!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, October 30, 2017, 18:47 (2370 days ago) @ Kermit

Watching that again, I'm struck by how much I'd love to work at Bungie just so I could fool around with their camera mode.

Graviton Forfeit and Telesto also back...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, October 30, 2017, 13:27 (2371 days ago) @ Grizzlei

What does GF do now? Double dodge ability?

Pardon my ignorance...

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, October 30, 2017, 14:23 (2370 days ago) @ Korny

...has that strange gravity gun thing that was in the PvP trailer before launch made it into the game yet? Didn't Tess have an ornament for it early on?

Boopgun is a random drop shotgun exotic.

by Harmanimus @, Monday, October 30, 2017, 14:32 (2370 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

Osiris' Kerchief/Bandana Symbol?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Wednesday, November 01, 2017, 00:25 (2369 days ago) @ Grizzlei
edited by Pyromancy, Wednesday, November 01, 2017, 00:30

What is with the symbol on Osiris' Kerchief/Bandana that covers his nose, mouth, and neck?
(as seen in the video thumbnail ^)

Is it a hieroglyphic symbol of some sort?

Is it supposed to be the lower jaw or tongue of what looks to be a bird on his helmet?

[image]
Could it be the 'Warlock Symbol' with the middle diamond symbol removed?

FYI: Someone recently noticed that the 'Hunter' Cabal Pawn from the Limited and Collector's Edition of Destiny 2 is actually a part of a Ghost
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/70hm21/realized_what_the_collectors_edition_cabal/

[image]
Could the symbol be the silhouette of the obverse view of the 'Hunter' Cabal Pawn?
(in the above image)If you rotate around the pawn as it sits, 180°, then look at the back with the notch cut down into it, notice that it is gold in color and really resembles closely the symbol on the bandana?

Anyone have any other good ideas?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread