What days work for people to Raid, Xbone? (Destiny)

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, November 08, 2017, 12:54 (2373 days ago)

Cause it has become increasingly hard to find a raid group in D2, even using the Builder. It seems the clicks are getting smaller and people only want to play with certain people (I am a bit biased on that too, as I want to actually BEAT the raid, not teach people overtime). But what would work for people who are not raiding but want to, or for peoples Alt's that run in the Tuesday or Wednesday group, cause I need to raid to get my exotic shotgun.

What days work for people to Raid, Xbone?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, November 08, 2017, 13:14 (2373 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Cause it has become increasingly hard to find a raid group in D2, even using the Builder. It seems the clicks are getting smaller and people only want to play with certain people (I am a bit biased on that too, as I want to actually BEAT the raid, not teach people overtime). But what would work for people who are not raiding but want to, or for peoples Alt's that run in the Tuesday or Wednesday group, cause I need to raid to get my exotic shotgun.

I just need advanced warning. I have a wife that likes to hang out with me and take up the living room, so I have to make sure to schedule at least a week in advance. Otherwise anytime works. Weekends less so depending.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Wednesday, November 08, 2017, 13:30 (2373 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I just need advanced warning. I have a wife that likes to hang out with me and take up the living room, so I have to make sure to schedule at least a week in advance. Otherwise anytime works. Weekends less so depending.

You need to get your wife a hobby! ;-)

In all seriousness though, most nights my wife and I are sitting basically next to each other while I play video games and she is cross-stitching while watching Netflix. It works out pretty nicely :-)

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Wednesday, November 08, 2017, 13:31 (2373 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Or a second controller :)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, November 13, 2017, 08:12 (2368 days ago) @ Speedracer513

In all seriousness though, most nights my wife and I are sitting basically next to each other while I play video games and she is cross-stitching while watching Netflix. It works out pretty nicely :-)

She actually loves being in the same room as me even if we are doing different things, but she also gets motion sick very easily and watching me play makes it so she can't be in the same room.

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, November 08, 2017, 14:28 (2373 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

but that's why we use the Event Builder. I normally do it a week out, and still have a hard time getting people.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, November 08, 2017, 13:44 (2373 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Friday nights and the occasional Saturday night is all I have. In December I could do Thursday nights because I have to burn vacation days so I'm taking off every Friday.

I have done every part of the raid a number of times, but I've never been with a group that stuck around to finish it.

IWhat days work for people to Raid, Xbone?

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Wednesday, November 08, 2017, 14:01 (2373 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

I'm on the west coast, unless I have something going on I'm available most days but I need to have times that give me time to finish work and fix a meal (it's important health wise I eat regularly. I'm not above eating while we are playing I just need time to fix or get something). Generally I go for times after 7pm PST but that can be awfully late for east-coasters and I don't always make it when I got some work thing going on. Even when I am on it seems like half the time not enough people shows or it's cancelled last minute or the fireteam is filled with somebody else who may or may not have signed up for the event even though I am online (and I never hide myself as offline so they should be able to see me). makes one not want to sign up sometimes because why bother. I admit I only join someone who sends me an invite. I like the fireteam builder so I'll keep trying as I can.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, November 08, 2017, 14:10 (2373 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

I'm going to try to regularly set something up on Thursdays since I know there are already groups who habitually play on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, November 08, 2017, 14:30 (2373 days ago) @ Kermit

I see that and I going to try. Thursday is my basketball night, so not always the easiest. And when I am not in the first 6, it makes it hard to try to leave early to MAYBE play. But if it becomes a thing that would be great.

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Wednesday, November 08, 2017, 14:10 (2373 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

My work schedule is an inconsistent mess, that lately has been only given out on the Sunday right before the week that schedule is for. But, this week, I could do basically any time Sunday, and really want to.

I could also do something Thursday, but I don't really want to hold out for a team two again. And I would want to start earlier than 9 PM, preferably, but whatever works.

I just find raiding a fun activity, rewards or not.

pro tip: always indicate time zone.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, November 08, 2017, 14:11 (2373 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

- No text -

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Wednesday, November 08, 2017, 16:15 (2373 days ago) @ Kermit

Oh, whoops, slipped my mind while I was rushing the post I guess. I'll edit an EST in for posterity. (Oh whoops I guess I can't.)

The main reason I even brought that up was to contrast with your event for that day. I might try to find a group on LFG earlier, like noonish, as a shot at drops.

(If I do do that and something else does come together on Sunday in some unlikely conflux, and a sixth was needed, I'd still be happy to pitch in.)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, November 08, 2017, 16:56 (2373 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

Oh, whoops, slipped my mind while I was rushing the post I guess. I'll edit an EST in for posterity. (Oh whoops I guess I can't.)

The main reason I even brought that up was to contrast with your event for that day. I might try to find a group on LFG earlier, like noonish, as a shot at drops.

(If I do do that and something else does come together on Sunday in some unlikely conflux, and a sixth was needed, I'd still be happy to pitch in.)

Unfortunately, I've rarely had luck with raids starting before 9 EST. Many people here are not in the eastern time zone, although it seems that more are on the Xbox.

(Gosh, can I say again how much I miss the excel gamertag file that had people's time zones on it but was cruelly ripped out of hands?)

Chappy has had a little luck starting slightly earlier, but his fireteam seldom has vacancies.

Look forward to playing with you before too long.

Kerm

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Wednesday, November 08, 2017, 17:00 (2373 days ago) @ Kermit

(Gosh, can I say again how much I miss the excel gamertag file that had people's time zones on it but was cruelly ripped out of hands?)

Look forward to playing with you before too long.

Kerm

Same!

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, November 08, 2017, 14:29 (2373 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

Yea we should have just ran the Nightfall last night. It's a pretty easy one.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, November 09, 2017, 10:15 (2372 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

I can usually jump in most days after 9PM Central, and could get away with starting as early as 5PM maybe once a week (I do like to spend some time with my family). I've got a D&D group that meets every other Friday, though, and indoor soccer season is about to start with games on random weeknights, so who knows when I'll be able to plan now :p

-Disciple

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, November 09, 2017, 11:22 (2372 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Most weekdays after 8 pm Central.

EST evening

by Durandal, Monday, November 13, 2017, 07:30 (2368 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

I'm on EST, and the last several months my weekends have been completely tied up. So best times for me are after 6 PM EST.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread