THAB 11/16/17 (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Thursday, November 16, 2017, 16:44 (2360 days ago)
edited by Kahzgul, Thursday, November 16, 2017, 16:47

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46481

Highlights:

- Cozmo had a baby!!!

- Livestream recap

- New Monarchy won the faction rally and everyone can buy a sword. I am disappointed, personally. FWC FTL, I guess.

- Iron Banner returns and the game is Clash! Last Iron Banner before Season 2 starts, so if you want to grind for the emblem, this is your only remaining chance.

Some bugs or whatever and then a few movies which can't be that good because I didn't see them posted here yet.

Cheers!

THAB 11/16/17

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, November 16, 2017, 18:42 (2360 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- Iron Banner returns and the game is Clash! Last Iron Banner before Season 2 starts, so if you want to grind for the emblem, this is your only remaining chance.

What are seasons exactly? What resets?

THAB 11/16/17

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, November 16, 2017, 18:49 (2360 days ago) @ Cody Miller

What are seasons exactly? What resets?

Mostly it seems like just the Eververse. All the stuff she offers will go away (except for shaders, I think) in favor of a new set of stuff.

Clan level will also reset back to 0, with new perks to unlock for leveling up.

I think they also said this will be the time for big balance/sandbox changes.

The end game activities (Trails, IB, maybe Raid, but I can't remember) will now have Ornaments to unlock.

Here's a reddit postthat summarized the live stream in which they talked about Seasons.

THAB 11/16/17

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Friday, November 17, 2017, 00:13 (2360 days ago) @ cheapLEY

My prediction? Season 2 will start one week before the first DLC goes live. It seems to me that a season is just the official term they decided to call the content/game rule changes they releasedperiodically with D1. It doesn’t necessarily always happen with a DLC release either; they’ve announced only two dlc’s so far but I believe they said there would be four seasons in D2’s first year.

THAB 11/16/17

by electricpirate @, Friday, November 17, 2017, 10:35 (2359 days ago) @ CougRon

My prediction? Season 2 will start one week before the first DLC goes live. It seems to me that a season is just the official term they decided to call the content/game rule changes they releasedperiodically with D1. It doesn’t necessarily always happen with a DLC release either; they’ve announced only two dlc’s so far but I believe they said there would be four seasons in D2’s first year.

I think a TWAB mentioned that the season rollover would be day and date with the DLC.

I'm guessing the schedule going forward will look like this.

Release

Sept 6, release date, season 1 begins

Dec. 5th Curse of osiris, season 2 begins.

Feb. 7 Season 3 begins, with a small infusion of free content/ substantial systems upgrade similar to the april updates of the past, which introduced things like POE revamp/scoring. POssibly private matches/ PVP focussed, if not here, the next upgrade

May 9th/ June 6th - Rasputin DLC/ Season 4 begins.

September : Large scale TTK style DLC released

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread