Tomorrow's CoO stream has been cancelled. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 13:09 (2349 days ago)
edited by Korny, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 13:28

According to DeeJ:

Hey, there.

Tomorrow, we had planned to conduct the final stream prior to the launch of “Curse of Osiris” to show off some of the weapons and armor the expansion includes. Instead, we are investing all our efforts into delivering some higher priority information about Destiny 2. You’ll hear from studio leadership about their assessment of Destiny all up, they’ll talk about our goals for the game going forward, and you’ll also learn about how we’re reacting to your feedback with some game updates that will arrive in the next few weeks.

That will appear on the Bungie Blog on Wednesday.

Thank you,

DeeJ

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 13:54 (2349 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Not a -1

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 14:19 (2349 days ago) @ CougRon

It seems things have been shaken up quite a bit and we might be getting some previously unslated information tomorrow. 'twill be interesting!

btw CougRon, team deadly pets needs to reassemble.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 14:38 (2349 days ago) @ ManKitten

Still -1. I wanted to see some streams not read a blog.

btw CougRon, team deadly pets needs to reassemble.

I'm game. I never see you online.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 14:47 (2349 days ago) @ CougRon

Still -1. I wanted to see some streams not read a blog.

[image]

Nice. :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 14:49 (2349 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

+1

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 17:25 (2348 days ago) @ Korny

According to DeeJ:

Hey, there.

Tomorrow, we had planned to conduct the final stream prior to the launch of “Curse of Osiris” to show off some of the weapons and armor the expansion includes. Instead, we are investing all our efforts into delivering some higher priority information about Destiny 2. You’ll hear from studio leadership about their assessment of Destiny all up, they’ll talk about our goals for the game going forward, and you’ll also learn about how we’re reacting to your feedback with some game updates that will arrive in the next few weeks.

Thank you,

DeeJ

I know everyone wanted to see some gear, but I applaud Bungie for acknowledging the community's issues and making those a priority. I look forward to reading what they have to say.

Help

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 18:18 (2348 days ago) @ Kahzgul

According to DeeJ:

Hey, there.

Thank you,

DeeJ

I know everyone wanted to see some gear, but I applaud Bungie for acknowledging the community's issues and making those a priority. I look forward to reading what they have to say.

Sorry for being out of the loop. Could someone please summarize the community’s issues? A bullet list will suffice.

Help

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 18:35 (2348 days ago) @ Oholiab

Sorry for being out of the loop. Could someone please summarize the community’s issues? A bullet list will suffice.

I'll give it a shot as I understand it from the viewpoint of "the internet." These are all quickshot generalizations.

• Destiny 2 Launches
• Players reach max rank after week 1 from grinding for the raid
• The raid was disappointing, players are angry
• Color shaders are consumable, players are angry
• Various other things happen that are different than D1, players are angry
• Iron Banner releases, token system seems silly, RNG is frustrating, players are angry
• etc, etc, etc, this type of stuff

So all this generic stuff is happening when all of a sudden...

• Last week or so, Redditers do some guerilla sherlock holmesing and discover that XP awarded to players does not match the progress bar award and that Bungie is allegedly throttling XP gains effectively slowing down our rate of earning bright engrams, which is a microtransaction item. As this rumor gains traction around the webbers, Bungie releases a statement that is less than comforting.

Whether there were nefariousness at foot or not, it was generally seen as "not a good look"

Players are now really angry.

I think that covers it.

------

General footnotes. I'm not a journalist yet feel inclined to to postface (is that the opposite of preface?) this post. These are all views "as I understood them". I'm a Bungie fan and generally give them the benefit of the doubt but I don't follow blindly. So with whatever ignorant journalistic jazz I have, there you go.

Thank you for the primer

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 19:20 (2348 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

Help

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 01:54 (2348 days ago) @ ManKitten

I'd add these issues, many of which are, I feel more serious:

- PvP is stale and uninteresting. The advanced movement and character control from D1 is largely absent. Double primary is boring.
While the OHK-only games are gone (this is good), the other, fun parts of D1 pvp are also gone (this is bad), including 6v6 PvP. Despite the dumbing-down of PvP, it remains grossly imbalanced.

- Party size as it correlates to activities makes no sense. 6 players to raid, 4 to pvp, 3 to strike... It's awful design because it reduces player choice and activity control based on party size.

- The new gear system is still absurdly RNG based.

- The vault was apparently organized by a blind person who doesn't know braille, and it re-organizes itself every time you take out a weapon or add one. You still can't delete items from the vault directly.

- Shaders are consumable isn't the issue now that we've seen how easy they are to get. The problem, rather, is that there are more shaders in the game than the player can actually carry, and deleting unwanted shaders has to be done one at a time. I have 75+ of some of my shaders. Do I want to spent half a damn hour deleting shaders just so I can hold a new one? Of course not. Come on, Bungie.

- The shader and vault problems are emblematic of lots of the supporting systems of the game: They feel rushed, half-assed, and poorly planned. The overall archetecture of patrol mode being integrated into missions is GREAT, but Bungie completely lost patrol being integrated with the Raid (VoG, for example).

- Strikes cannot be selected directly and rely on a random playlist that also completely lacks a "don't let the players play the same strike two or three or even four times in a row" feature.

- Speaking of poor map selection, pvp map voting still isn't a thing? In 2017?

- Custom PvP is missing from D2 when we had it in D1.

- Guided games is poorly implemented and results in waiting in orbit for 20+ minutes for the people seeking guides.

- You have a map, but no compass on your radar to indicate which way you're facing relative to the map. /facepalm

- The whole game reeks of oversimplification while still needlessly obfuscating systems. Which is contradictory design, of course.

- Power level is largely meaningless in the game, begging the question: Why even have it if not to create artificial grindiness within the game?

- Gear is uninteresting and largely boils down to reskins rather than meaningful choices. Most guns within a class feel the same (or ARE the same) with only one minor perk difference.

- MIDA is the PvP defining weapon (in no small part due to the radar and movement bonuses) and, as such, PvP is relegated to largely long distance plinko affairs that aren't fun.

The game is a step forwards in some regards, but a step backwards in many others, often needlessly so. I hope this explanation clears up many of the common issues I've seen discussed here and on other forums.

Great summary!

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 06:22 (2348 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

Help

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 11:01 (2348 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Of 5 Raids only VoG had an integrated Patrol space element. CE and tL use spaces unreachable during patrol. KF And WotM use instanced Patroled Geometry.

Internetz is drunk

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 07:11 (2348 days ago) @ ManKitten

• Internet is angry that gear RNG is frustrating & requires endless grind for any hope to get the one drop they're missing to go up in light.
• Internet is angry that RNG has been removed from weapon perks, they want to have to grind for any hope of getting that god roll gun.

WTF Internet, go home your drunk.

+1

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 08:13 (2348 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

Internetz is drunk

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 09:22 (2348 days ago) @ dogcow

• Internet is angry that RNG has been removed from weapon perks, they want to have to grind for any hope of getting that god roll gun.

Are people really upset that RNG Weapon perks have been removed? Serious question.

Apparently...

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 09:22 (2348 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

Internetz is drunk

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 09:38 (2348 days ago) @ unoudid

Yeah. I have heard this a lot in that it "removes excitement about new weapons they had in D1". I honestly think they are conflating this with the weapons being less powerful/wacky/raid-specific/rare. I think if people were still trying to get a fate bringer/ice breaker/gallerhorn (all of which lacked ring nodes) they would not be complaining, but Maybe I'm wrong about that. it is not my complaint. (mine is about how limiting the party sizes are, which require very exact numbers of friends to arrange together and frequently leave someone the odd man out. It's always been a Destiny problem, but in D2 it is even worse as there is only one kind of PvP. But I've always been a crazy BTB kind of guy…)

Internetz is drunk

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 09:48 (2348 days ago) @ Vortech

But I've always been a crazy BTB kind of guy…)

I would love to have BTB, Team Snipers, CTF, Grifball all set in the Destiny Universe. Heck, bring some vehicles into Destiny PvP and it would be a small start.

Internetz is drunk

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 09:57 (2348 days ago) @ unoudid

I would love to have BTB, Team Snipers, CTF, Grifball all set in the Destiny Universe. Heck, bring some vehicles into Destiny PvP and it would be a small start.

I think one of the biggest problems with PvP is that they are trying to make it way to perfect in some areas. Give use a separate version of PvP that isn't perfect. Give us a 12v12 of vehicles and mayhem! All snipers, all shotguns, all SMG's! I don't care if it doesn't make sense, I want to see it. Sure keep the regular playlists for people who want to play normal PvP.

I just feel like they are making PvP like the make PvE perfect storied perfection. Keep PvE seamless and perfect, make PvP reckless mayhem!

This! Bungie Plz

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 10:07 (2348 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I think one of the biggest problems with PvP is that they are trying to make it way to perfect in some areas. Give use a separate version of PvP that isn't perfect. Give us a 12v12 of vehicles and mayhem! All snipers, all shotguns, all SMG's! I don't care if it doesn't make sense, I want to see it. Sure keep the regular playlists for people who want to play normal PvP.

I just feel like they are making PvP like the make PvE perfect storied perfection. Keep PvE seamless and perfect, make PvP reckless mayhem!

I'd love to have an ultra-competitive playlist in Destiny. Make it a ranked system or whatever. But then allow us to just have some fun in other types of playlists. We are guardians who can regen over and over, just allow us to do some stupid crap.

I'm hoping that in Destiny 3 that we will get some actual custom games like we had in 3 and Reach. Allow us to set up our own games and maybe even do a light version of forge?

It just seems that Bungie's vision of PvP is completely stale compared to how it was in the past. PvP doesn't always have to be serious.

This! Bungie Plz

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 10:13 (2348 days ago) @ unoudid

I'd love to have an ultra-competitive playlist in Destiny. Make it a ranked system or whatever. But then allow us to just have some fun in other types of playlists. We are guardians who can regen over and over, just allow us to do some stupid crap.

I'm hoping that in Destiny 3 that we will get some actual custom games like we had in 3 and Reach. Allow us to set up our own games and maybe even do a light version of forge?

It just seems that Bungie's vision of PvP is completely stale compared to how it was in the past. PvP doesn't always have to be serious.

I understand why they have set playlists instead of being able to host a custom game. Unless there is a playlist that is literally a grab bag of all player hosted games. Otherwise, just make a bunch of playlists that can be swapped out week by week. Gamers just want more options.

I want this, also.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 11:00 (2348 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Whatever the hell happened to Mayhem and Inferno?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 11:53 (2348 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

D2 is Anti-Fun ;)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 11:55 (2348 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

You're not helping!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 12:07 (2348 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

I couldn't help myself lol

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 12:14 (2348 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Which is why I'm giving you a pass ;-)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 12:17 (2348 days ago) @ unoudid

Now, move along and play nice with the other kids!

+ & - of RNG Weapon Perks

by squidnh3, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 10:03 (2348 days ago) @ unoudid

Are people really upset that RNG Weapon perks have been removed? Serious question.

One thing I liked about them was getting a weapon that was "yours". The Uriels Gift I use in D2 is the same as everyone else's. The Red Hand IX, the Finalla's Peril, the Extrophile I had in D1 were all unique to me, and that was cool.

I thought the way it worked in Age of Triump was a good balance, where the vendors would sell very good rolls every week, and if you wanted you could try to prioritize drops toward a god roll.

What I don't miss about it is the pool of crappy useless perks, and having to agonize over which rolls were better (staring down a constantly full Vault).

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 10:12 (2348 days ago) @ squidnh3

One thing I liked about them was getting a weapon that was "yours". The Uriels Gift I use in D2 is the same as everyone else's. The Red Hand IX, the Finalla's Peril, the Extrophile I had in D1 were all unique to me, and that was cool.

I thought the way it worked in Age of Triump was a good balance, where the vendors would sell very good rolls every week, and if you wanted you could try to prioritize drops toward a god roll.

What I don't miss about it is the pool of crappy useless perks, and having to agonize over which rolls were better (staring down a constantly full Vault).

Come on Squid, you can have your own Uriels Gift by applying one of 50+ shaders.

I just wish we could buy a base level gun and then change passive perks on the weapons. nothing that will become a must-have, but maybe reload quicker, aim down sights quicker, etc... Needing a counterbalance mod to make a weapon usable is not fun.

Not sure if I would go the full weapon crafting route? maybe just a mix of weapon mods that actually change passive perks up?

I'd actually be fine if they just got rid of all the variations of a weapon archetype and just had a single customizable version of a weapon per archetype.

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Thursday, November 30, 2017, 02:50 (2347 days ago) @ unoudid

Needing a counterbalance mod to make a weapon usable is not fun.

What guns need a counterbalance mod to be usable?

I'm genuinely curious, if you have any offhand.

I'd actually be fine if they just got rid of all the variations of a weapon archetype and just had a single customizable version of a weapon per archetype.

I agree, honestly. The Khvostov was a surprisingly nice Exotic, despite its lack of a real Exotic perk. Modularity just sounds fun, to me, and it would probably help make better parity between the archetypes.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, November 30, 2017, 06:25 (2347 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

Needing a counterbalance mod to make a weapon usable is not fun.

What guns need a counterbalance mod to be usable?

I'm genuinely curious, if you have any offhand.

Maybe the word "usable" was a little vague. all weapons are usable, but there are a lot of weapons that counterbalance will make them a viable choice. You High RoF autorifles were a good example from D1, they were always decent as bullet hoses, but when you added counterbalance then all of the sudden the weapons became a laser.

I still find counterbalance armor mods make autorifles of all archetype simply better in D2.

Pulse rifles on anything other than the slow heavy-hitting versions, counterbalance was always an advantage to have. it tightened bullet spread and made the recoil completely vertical allowing for easier headshots.

I agree, honestly. The Khvostov was a surprisingly nice Exotic, despite its lack of a real Exotic perk. Modularity just sounds fun, to me, and it would probably help make better parity between the archetypes.

Khvostov was a good base example of what I'm thinking. Instead of changing archetypes within the weapon, I'd rather just see the core weapon become modifiable. Let me select my scope and a few passive perks (reload, aim down sights, etc..). Instead of limits the perk options across a few weapons, just dump all the perks into a single weapon, but only allow me to select a few.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 10:13 (2348 days ago) @ squidnh3

But ... shaders!

I LOVE the fact that the gun is the gun is the gun. I never enjoyed comparing perks on the same weapon and I never forged weapons during that thankfully short period.

I fully appreciate that people have different opinions about this.

Half measures

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 11:04 (2348 days ago) @ unoudid

I wonder if the problem is that weapon perks are no longer RNG, but you still get the weapons via RNG. What's the point of that? Eventually, once you have all the weapons there is nothing fun about getting a drop. I think the problem is they only half-removed the RNG from the weapons. If they just removed all RNG from the process and made all the weapons purchase-able people wouldn't complain. They could probably keep earning currencies RNG without impacting that if they really want RNG in there.

Half measures

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, December 03, 2017, 21:16 (2343 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

[image]

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread