Wow. Got Alexa? (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, November 30, 2017, 00:35 (2347 days ago)

https://www.amazon.com/Destiny-Ghost-Requires-not-machine-specific/dp/B077J92PYC/

[image]

• With the Ghost you can use voice commands to equip loadouts, connect with friends, explore the universe and much more
  • Integrated Wi-Fi connected device that pairs with your Alexa enabled device to bring the in-game Ghost character to life
  • The Destiny 2 Ghost responds exclusively to the Official Destiny 2 Ghost Skill by Bungie and Activision
  • Built-in LED activates on Ghost’s responses
  • The Destiny 2 Ghost is not required to enable and use the Destiny 2 Ghost Skill
  • The Destiny 2 Ghost works with PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC devices
  • Full requirements: Destiny 2 Ghost Skill, Destiny 2 game, Alexa app, Wi-Fi internet connection, any enabled Alexa enabled hardware device, and Bungie.net account
  • Limited Edition Destiny 2 Ghost releases December 19th

Complete with some trailers...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, November 30, 2017, 00:39 (2347 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Complete with some trailers...

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, November 30, 2017, 06:03 (2347 days ago) @ Korny

That guy looks like if Jimmy Kimmel and Patton Oswalt had a kid.

Alexa, let's get sweaty

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, November 30, 2017, 06:42 (2347 days ago) @ Korny

- Turns down the lights and raises the room temperature with Smart Home Controls
- Orders some Rockstar and Pop Tarts for Uber Eats to deliver.
- Loads up D2, selects your double pulse striker Titan, equips the MIDA/Uriels/Rocket loadout and drops you into the new Ranked playlist.
- Orders you a hemorrhoid donut, some Tylenol and a nice absorbent microfiber cloth to soak up your tears because you just got your rear handed to you over and over by teens that actually have usable thumbs.

Well, you should get the picture at least. Big Bro seems neat.

I have never wanted Big Brother more.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, November 30, 2017, 04:21 (2347 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Unless Microsoft comes up with a realish Cortana.

Holy ass it's $90.

Turns out I don't want it.

I have never wanted Big Brother more.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Thursday, November 30, 2017, 04:57 (2347 days ago) @ Funkmon

Unless Microsoft comes up with a realish Cortana.

Holy ass it's $90.

Turns out I don't want it.

Plus it requires an Alexa device.

For $90 it ought to BE an Alexa device-- that's basically what an Echo costs, and there is at least one device that is cheaper (Dot).

If this was an echo device in a Ghost shell, I'd be sold.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, November 30, 2017, 07:25 (2347 days ago) @ narcogen

- No text -

Yes, I would ask for it for Christmas if that was the case

by Funkmon @, Thursday, November 30, 2017, 07:36 (2347 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

And if I had internets.

Does it come in 'Dinklage'?

by BlackstarBSP, Thursday, November 30, 2017, 07:13 (2347 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Does it come in 'Dinklage'? +7

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, November 30, 2017, 08:11 (2347 days ago) @ BlackstarBSP

- No text -

Wow. Got Alexa?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, November 30, 2017, 06:57 (2347 days ago) @ Claude Errera

"Alexa, I would like to finally win a crucible game."

*Equips MIDA Multitool & Uriel's Gift and sends 3 fireteam invites.

Wow. Got Alexa?

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, November 30, 2017, 07:57 (2347 days ago) @ bluerunner

lol. Pretty much my loadout!
*doesn't guarantee me wins... yes, I'm just that bad. lol

Wow. Got Alexa?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, November 30, 2017, 09:14 (2347 days ago) @ breitzen

lol. Pretty much my loadout!
*doesn't guarantee me wins... yes, I'm just that bad. lol

I found out that you have to know how to use the guns. I was hoping they just made you win.
Step 1: Equip MIDA.
Step 2: Wave at enemy.
Step 3: Watch them fall over dead.
Step 4: Win.

Wow. Got Alexa?

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, November 30, 2017, 09:23 (2347 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I found out that you have to know how to use the guns.* I was hoping they just made you win.

*This is a huge bug. Bungie, please fix.

Just go the Reddit way

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, November 30, 2017, 09:45 (2347 days ago) @ breitzen

I found out that you have to know how to use the guns.* I was hoping they just made you win.

Maybe if we throw enough of a tantrum they will change it.

Just go the Reddit way

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, November 30, 2017, 10:01 (2347 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Maybe if we throw enough of a tantrum they will change it.

Meh. That seems like a lot more work...

Nope. You have to do it just once, then let the hivemind go.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, November 30, 2017, 13:55 (2347 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

Arstechnica says it's lame

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, December 02, 2017, 15:38 (2345 days ago) @ Claude Errera

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/11/destiny-2s-ghost-is-actually-an-amazon-alexa-speaker-and-skill-now/

When Ars' Sam Machkovech tried the skill out, he wasn't impressed. For example, many query responses just cycle through several pre-canned messages, and the only gear management command that he discovered was, "Alexa, ask Ghost to equip my best weapon." It's entirely a gimmick, but would you have expected anything better?

Remember, the skill is free

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, December 02, 2017, 16:22 (2345 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Anyone with an Alexa-enabled device can get it for nothing.

If you don't like the idea of a $90 Ghost-shaped speaker, don't buy it. :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread