CoO got you down? Check out the Game Awards sale! (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, December 07, 2017, 15:43 (2353 days ago)

In a couple of hours, The Game Awards will be streaming. Destiny 2 is up for a few categories, but I'm rooting for some other games (Horizon Zero Dawn for GoTY!).

Anyway, if CoO hasn't quite been enough to hook you, or if you're just waiting for them to nerf the Lens before you hop into Crucible (I know I am!), here's a bunch of stuff to tide you over, since there's a Game Awards-themed Flash Sale!

Life Is Strange/ Life Is Strange: Before The Storm- ($5, $17.49)

Confused as to why a bunch of grown men on this forum seem so interested in the lives of High School girls? I'd be totally creeped out too, if I hadn't played the game as well! The reason is because the story is intriguing, the characters are interesting, and the game is overall a successful take on a game genre completely dominated by Telltale Games. These games are great to play with a few folks by your side, and the episodic nature gives you plenty of stopping points to discuss your choices and consequences.

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection- ($8)
The Uncharted games are really special, and pretty dang unique. Although the gameplay isn't quite as polished as the Tomb Raider reboot, everything else about it is a hundred times better. Writing, plot, puzzles... Heck, the characters alone are worth the price of admission, and Naughty Dog is one of those developers that knows where to try to top the previous game, and where to show restraint.

Uncharted 4: ($28).
And then they cap it off with a perfect way to end Nathan Drake's story. While the latter half of this game drags a bit with a couple too many stealth sections (not for me!), it manages to feel like it's a story that needed to be told, rather than as a cheap cash-in, which is a rare success.
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy- ($20)
And then Naughty Dog went ahead and expanded on the gameplay of 4 with a fantastic side story following my favorite character in the franchise. :P

Anyway, I have to head out unexpectedly, but be sure to check out the deals, since they're mostly all up for awards tonight!

Before you click: PS4 only.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, December 07, 2017, 15:55 (2353 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Sorry, meant to cover both, but had to rush out...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, December 07, 2017, 16:52 (2353 days ago) @ Funkmon
edited by Korny, Thursday, December 07, 2017, 16:56

- No text -

Xbox Link

by EffortlessFury @, Thursday, December 07, 2017, 16:08 (2353 days ago) @ Korny

+1 for Prey (2016)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, December 07, 2017, 16:16 (2353 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

- No text -

Lol

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, December 07, 2017, 16:36 (2353 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

Of course I decide 2 buy Destiny 2 on Xbox during the 8 days it isn’t on sale.

facepalm.gif

The moral of the story?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, December 07, 2017, 16:55 (2353 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

facepalm.gif

Quit buying things for Xbox! :P

That's two out of two for you, man.

The moral of the story?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, December 07, 2017, 16:59 (2353 days ago) @ Korny

facepalm.gif

Quit buying things for Xbox! :P

That's two out of two for you, man.

Oh well, at least CoO is with the mo— crap, never mind.

Lol

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, December 07, 2017, 22:22 (2353 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I'm pretty sure you can ask for a refund/partial refund if the game you bought goes on sale very close to your buy date. You should check that out.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread