Fav story mission? (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, December 12, 2017, 15:08 (2357 days ago)

I'm curious as to what some of the best liked story missions are here on DBO.

I think my favorite is Cayde's Stash. There's just something about going up the tower and seeing everything that I really like.

Fav story mission?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, December 12, 2017, 15:32 (2357 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm curious as to what some of the best liked story missions are here on DBO.

I think my favorite is Cayde's Stash. There's just something about going up the tower and seeing everything that I really like.

I like that one, too, and I like King of the Mountain (where you first go to the Iron Temple) for similar reasons. Unfortunately, I tend to like missions that can be played only once per character. Music also plays a big role in whether i like a mission. I always enjoyed The Last Array, mainly because of the music. Same for Adieu. Jay Weinland (yesterday): "The music saved that level."

My favorite mission of the new game has to be Chosen, at least until the boss fight.

Adieu or Chosen...

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, December 12, 2017, 16:00 (2357 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Adieu or Chosen...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, December 12, 2017, 16:15 (2357 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I am already surprised by the amount of Adieus…

It's the most removed from the loot system ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, December 12, 2017, 20:45 (2357 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Indiana Jones? Adieu.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Wednesday, December 13, 2017, 05:58 (2356 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I am already surprised by the amount of Adieus…

Good grief, why?

Loot system jokes aside, it just oozes atmosphere and I think is a great job of world-building. And that music... OMG.

My only complaint about it is that it seems to me that it's foreshadowing a deeper story about Hawthorne that we almost, but don't quite, get.

Snap call, I'll say "The Almighty"

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Tuesday, December 12, 2017, 16:14 (2357 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

I Wouldn’t Know.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, December 12, 2017, 18:25 (2357 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I Wouldn’t Know.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Wednesday, December 13, 2017, 05:59 (2356 days ago) @ Morpheus

I can never play them again.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

I flip/flop between "The Ark" and "Silent Cartographer"

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, December 12, 2017, 21:11 (2357 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Oh You ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, December 12, 2017, 22:26 (2357 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, December 13, 2017, 08:26 (2356 days ago) @ CyberKN
edited by dogcow, Wednesday, December 13, 2017, 08:44

Silent Cartographer. The Ark was great & freakin' massive, but that's also a bit of its downfall, I feel its a little too long. Silent Cartographer is a bit too short, but of higher quality, IMHO.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, December 13, 2017, 09:22 (2356 days ago) @ dogcow

Silent Cartographer. The Ark was great & freakin' massive, but that's also a bit of its downfall, I feel its a little too long. Silent Cartographer is a bit too short, but of higher quality, IMHO.

The first time I played SC, I got completely lost in the first underground area and spent over an hour trying to find my way out.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, December 13, 2017, 09:28 (2356 days ago) @ CyberKN

The first time I played SC, I got completely lost in the first underground area and spent over an hour trying to find my way out.

Now that you mention it I remember that I too have become lost trying to climb out of the underground area.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, December 13, 2017, 14:40 (2356 days ago) @ CyberKN

I fell off the cliffs in T&R more times than I could count.

Fav story mission?

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Wednesday, December 13, 2017, 06:29 (2356 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The Last Array

Fav story mission?

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, December 13, 2017, 06:34 (2356 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I don’t know what it’s calked, but the one where you get the AI Core from deep in the Arcology and escape in a tank is always really fun. Busting into the Arcology for the first time made my jaw drop, and then realizing we were going to get a tank to drive out was awesome.

“A Garden World”

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, December 13, 2017, 11:57 (2356 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Most aesthetic experience in the game. Also it is the last mission before having to go back to trash ghost. I would pay real human money for alternate ghost audio packs.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread