Sea of Thieves Open Beta (All PC & Xbox players). (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, March 09, 2018, 12:03 (2248 days ago)

Finally, a non-closed-off Beta! Running through the weekend, and it includes access to the two faction types closed-off to everyone during the previous Betas (Merchant Alliance, Skeleton Forts).

Sounds like lots of fun!

PS, avoid joining a Party Chat if possible. There is proximity voice chat, and listening to (and possibly trash talking) other players on their ships is part of the joy of the game.

Sea of Thieves Open Beta (All PC & Xbox players).

by cheapLEY @, Friday, March 09, 2018, 13:48 (2248 days ago) @ Korny

Okay who’s in for tomorrow night? I’ve been dying to try this out.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, March 09, 2018, 14:01 (2248 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Okay who’s in for tomorrow night? I’ve been dying to try this out.

I'm about 80% sure I can be, at least for a while.

only being lazy will stop me

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Friday, March 09, 2018, 18:18 (2248 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, March 09, 2018, 23:47 (2248 days ago) @ Korny

PS, avoid joining a Party Chat if possible. There is proximity voice chat, and listening to (and possibly trash talking) other players on their ships is part of the joy of the game.

Within 10 minutes of starting the game I was sunk by 2 guys speaking Russian. I was expecting them to be in a submarine.

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, March 10, 2018, 21:02 (2247 days ago) @ Korny

Korny, Squid, Blackt1g3r, and I played for a few hours tonight. It was a lot of fun. I'm convinced that a significant amount of the fun was from the game, though.

It's goofy and funny and gorgeous (seriously, that water is amazing). We've still only seen a really limited amount of the game, and since I can get it from Game Pass rather than dropping $60, I'll play it some more when it launches if a group of folks here are going to play it, but I don't see it being something I'd stick with for all that long. Once you've seen all the goof 'em ups the game has, what's left?

I had fun tonight playing with folks from around here, but I can't help but think I'd have had more fun running some strikes in Destiny with the same people.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread