DROP EVERYTHING (Gaming)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, March 15, 2018, 13:49 (2242 days ago)

DROP EVERYTHING

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, March 15, 2018, 13:59 (2242 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Oh man, I hope that's true.

I wonder if we'll get a Chaos Theory styled linear game, or if we'll get a more modern Ubisoft take on the franchise. I think I could appreciate the latter, if it's done right, but that's dangerous territory to tread with Splinter Cell, I think. I'd love for it just basically be Chaos Theory 2.

I wonder if there's any chance of Ironside returning to voice Fisher.

DROP EVERYTHING

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, March 15, 2018, 14:02 (2242 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Oh man, I hope that's true.

I wonder if we'll get a Chaos Theory styled linear game, or if we'll get a more modern Ubisoft take on the franchise. I think I could appreciate the latter, if it's done right, but that's dangerous territory to tread with Splinter Cell, I think. I'd love for it just basically be Chaos Theory 2.

Well as the article says, there were reports that Ironside was working with Ubisoft on something in the recent past, so that's a pretty big clue.

Personally, Blacklist has been my favorite entry in the franchise so far. So if it's something along those line, I'll be thrilled :D

DROP EVERYTHING

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, March 15, 2018, 14:17 (2242 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Well as the article says, there were reports that Ironside was working with Ubisoft on something in the recent past, so that's a pretty big clue.

Ah, I just skimmed it, so I missed that. I sure hope so. The guy they got for Blacklist seemed fine, but no one besides Ironside will ever be Fisher for me.

Personally, Blacklist has been my favorite entry in the franchise so far. So if it's something along those line, I'll be thrilled :D

I heard great things about that game (mostly from you, but still), but never played it. I wonder if it's backwards compatible.

DROP EVERYTHING

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, March 15, 2018, 14:23 (2242 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Ah, I just skimmed it, so I missed that. I sure hope so. The guy they got for Blacklist seemed fine, but no one besides Ironside will ever be Fisher for me.

I heard great things about that game (mostly from you, but still), but never played it. I wonder if it's backwards compatible.

It's been somewhat conspicuously absent from the Back Compat list. However, Splinter Cell Conviction was just added to the list last month, so it is possible that Blacklist is coming up soon.

A lot of my love for Blacklist comes down its version of the Spies vs Mercs multiplayer, which was absolutely spectacular. But the single player campaign is excellent too. My favorite aspect of it is how they allow the player to decide what style of gameplay they want to employ (fully undetected, silent but lethal, or guns blazing), and all 3 approaches are viable as well as rewarding (both intrinsically as well as through the points/upgrade system). It's great :)

I saw this yesterday and my first thought was to notify you

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, March 15, 2018, 15:11 (2242 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

...but then they took the listing down. Hope springs eternal!

YES!!!

by Oholiab @, Thursday, March 15, 2018, 22:57 (2242 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Hot Take

by Phoenix_9286 @, Friday, March 16, 2018, 08:10 (2241 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

It isn't Splinter Cell unless Michael Ironside is returning to voice Sam. Michael Ironside IS Sam, anyone else is a poor substitute and not worth my time.

Hot Take

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, March 16, 2018, 08:35 (2241 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

It isn't Splinter Cell unless Michael Ironside is returning to voice Sam. Michael Ironside IS Sam, anyone else is a poor substitute and not worth my time.

The earliest rumor of this game was someone seeing Michael Ironside at the studio, so if that's true he should be back as Sam.

Hot Take

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, March 16, 2018, 13:12 (2241 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

[image]

I have to read your take in his voice.

Scherzer regresses to the mean and isn't top 5 in ERA.

by Funkmon @, Friday, March 16, 2018, 19:59 (2241 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread