Clever Mobile Game (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, March 23, 2018, 19:54 (2234 days ago)

99.99% of mobile games suck (in my opinion). But this one is kinda clever. What if you played a game on your phone about looking through someone's phone to solve a mystery? It was short, but pretty unique. It works because you are basically… using a phone the whole time. Texting people, looking through pictures, and trying to figure out wifi passwords. Worth it for the novelty.

Clever Mobile Game

by cheapLEY @, Friday, March 23, 2018, 21:16 (2234 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Did you play the original game? A Normal Lost Phone I'd recommended checking that out, too, if you haven't. I havne't played this new one, but it looks like it's basically the same. I can't honestly tell you which is the better story, and I can't really tell you that playing the original game with the same exact gimmick will be worth you're time, but it's there if you want to check it out.

There's also Bury Me, My Love, which tells the story of a Syrian refugee. It plays out in the form of text messages, but it plays out in psuedo-real time. You text with her until that conversation is over, then you end up having to wait until she can talk again, so it can take actual weeks to get through. It's neat. It does have speed options, so you can speed up the wait times, but that sort of takes a bit of the atmosphere and presentation of the game away. It's agonizing to give her advice and then not hear anything for literal days.

Based on your ratings, we recommend

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Sunday, March 25, 2018, 15:35 (2232 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Blackbar (text based communication used as the medium for the game, but with key words blocked out that you need to guess). has a prequel I have not played called greyout.

Pry (VIdeo, but still built into the fiction that you are using a phone app for phone things as you play

BlackBox. (The ultimate in making a NATIVE mobile game. It literally could not work if it was running on anything else. It's a puzzle game, so I don't want to say too much, but it utilizes every sensor and software API the phone has to create truly difficult puzzles. Many times I have been surprised to learn my phone even could do what the puzzle requires. And, as something cool, the developer, recently re-tooled the whole game to be playable with assistive tech — so you can play even if you are blind, or otherwise need accommodation —  Very cool, but sadly rare in video games.).

Florence (not really related, its just a good mobile game people should be playing)

Edit: decided to form my words into sentences.

Also, the Lifeline series.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, March 25, 2018, 18:09 (2232 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread